Which Knot is the Knotiest?

get a 2 ft section of 3/8 line (hint it is not rope) and practice while watching TV. I taught sailing lessons for a couple of seasons and you need to have something to teach on rainy days.....

I will take your comments under advisement and wait for a ruling from @CoastieRon
There are possibly three additional ropes that could be on a boat.

Since I don't know what I'm looking at in the photo, I'll go further afield with the Eldritch (Eldridge) Knot
iu

or, dressed another way
iu

4B04699F-917D-4FE4-B183-FFB436825460.jpeg

This thread is awesome. The bowline is my favorite. I use it for everything, can do it behind my back with my eyes closed, have done it on a flooding boat underwater around a pumpcan handle more times than I would have liked. I even am an expert at the dreaded Dragon Bowline.......

This thread is awesome. The bowline is my favorite. I use it for everything, can do it behind my back with my eyes closed, have done it on a flooding boat underwater around a pumpcan handle more times than I would have liked. I even am an expert at the dreaded Dragon Bowline.......
I believe you have misspelled draggin'... :)

My default knot is the 8, because I can always remember it under stress and can usually recall the appropriate variant for the circumstances. If I need a loop in a line and I don't have access to the ends, I default to the Alpine Butterfly because even if I tie it backwards it's still right.

Back in my days doing competitive one-rope bridges over mock rivers (don’t ask), I learned a knot my instructor called a “swing bowline” that produced a bowline by simply swinging the running end and moving your wrists in certain ways. The idea was to produce a bowline FAST.

I didn’t know how it worked at the time, but I could do it. I doubt I could anymore. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom