Which Glock should I consider

Xds is good but for the weight.. its a hefty S.S 9mm to carry around.

Both the xds and 19 have the same weight unloaded,

Cant wait to try out a 43 when someone gets one.. might be a tad snappy at 16 ounces..

Last edited:
I'll throw a weird one at you. Glock 32 in .357. You get 3 guns in one. Drop a Wolf barrel in and you have a .40 cal Glock 23. Uses the same magazines too. Drop a 9mm barrel in, along with a Glock 19 mag and you have a Glock 19.

Actually I did think of that. I shoot 9mm all the time right now and didn't want to have to pay another $150 to do it. Had a 19 not been available i would have gone that route.

I'll throw a weird one at you. Glock 32 in .357. You get 3 guns in one. Drop a Wolf barrel in and you have a .40 cal Glock 23. Uses the same magazines too. Drop a 9mm barrel in, along with a Glock 19 mag and you have a Glock 19.

Seriously, what's the point?

There was a time when JHP in .40 and .357 SIG significantly outperformed 9mm. But with the advent of modern bullets like Federal HST, there really isn't much advantage over 9mm. And what little advantage there is comes at the expense of increased recoil, increased muzzle blast, and increased expense.

So why bother with barrels for .40 and .357 SIG at all? Why bother buying two more calibers of ammunition? Just get a Glock 19, save the $300 cost for two extra barrels, and put that money towards more 9mm ammo -- you'll be far better off in the long run.

There was a time when JHP in .40 and .357 SIG significantly outperformed 9mm. But with the advent of modern bullets like Federal HST, there really isn't much advantage over 9mm. And what little advantage there is comes at the expense of increased recoil, increased muzzle blast, and increased expense.

So why bother with barrels for .40 and .357 SIG at all? Why bother buying two more calibers of ammunition? Just get a Glock 19, save the $300 cost for two extra barrels, and put that money towards more 9mm ammo -- you'll be far better off in the long run.

Quiet you! You're making too much sense. Stop that this instant! [rofl]

-Mike

Yea 9mm for self defense 22 for training and fun and 45 ACP because hey, it's 45 ACP. I don't get 40 and 357 sig. 10mm is in the 45 category.

Back
Top Bottom