• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where can I get pre ban Ruger 10/22 high cap mags/drums?

Hello folks :)

As many of you may know, I recently got a 10/22. I love the rifle very much and have gotten many spare 10 round mags, but I do want a mag with a higher mag cap so I can have even more fun at the range plinking with reloading less.

I'm really looking for a pre ban drum, more rounds it holds the better, but even the BX-25 or the 50 round pre ban banana clip magazines would be awesome.

I have money to buy one if anyone has any that are MA complaint.

But is their a store that would have these, I've called many of gun shop with no luck. I appreciate any help.

First, id buy a real gun.. there is no practical use for high cap 10/22...
After that; if you must, check classifieds/gunbroker.

First, id buy a real gun.. there is no practical use for high cap 10/22...
After that; if you must, check classifieds/gunbroker.

That's a bit harsh...

OP, I think there's a preban hi-cap for sale right now in the classifieds, I think I saw it either yesterday or today. My kids and I enjoy plinking with our 10/22, hi-caps make that experience much more enjoyable :)

-chris

They are out there just keep looking, I have owned many over the years. The drums have always sucked. The 25 rounders are ok at best. The problem I'm having now is the plastic is deteriorating and becoming very brittle. Pre bans are pushing 30 years old now.
Good luck.

Are you kidding? A 10/22 is great for snakes in quantity, or that surprise coyote in the back yard.

10/22 is a great gun... other than plinking i just dont see the value in overpaying for preban mags for it when the gun is already so inexpensive..like i suggested get another gun, but i did also provide the OP the info he wanted.

Where do you live where you encounter dozens of snake that dont give you a chance for a tactical reload?start digging foxholes, ill bring the beltfed.

10/22 is a great gun... other than plinking i just dont see the value in overpaying for preban mags for it when the gun is already so inexpensive..like i suggested get another gun, but i did also provide the OP the info he wanted.

Where do you live where you encounter dozens of snake that dont give you a chance for a tactical reload?start digging foxholes, ill bring the beltfed.

Again, are you kidding? You've never encountered multiple water snakes? Beltfeds would be a bit much, but a 10/22 works well for me. I'm pretty sure that Dennis from Ma. will confirm that there is a place near him where multiple snakes lay in the sun, on the far side of the dikes. They also lay there, appearing to be asleep, but they are actually waiting for schools of little fish to come near the shoreline. When they hit the water for the school, you wouldn't believe how fast they are.Then there's also this. Why reload if you can avoid it? That and I really hate snakes. Bye the way, preban 10/22 mags aren't all that pricy. I recently bought 2, 25 round mags for $30.00. what do you pay for10 round mags?

I must just be having have a hard time bridging the gap between a few snakes and 25 rds.. but hey as many as it takes i guess.

i own multiple 10/22s..so the mags i do have came with a complete rifle..
I only ever use 1 mag at a time anyway and a pocket full of cartridges...
For coyote id use a different firearm...for snakes i like .45 snakeshot...i don't care for carrying a rifle while i work or having to go grab it when i encounter snakes...
I dont encouter many snakes up north.

I get if you don't have an assortment of firearms, a few mags can be a much needed accessory.. but it is my opinion(and just that) that buying high cap mags for a 10/22 has little practical purpose..while i sure they could be had for the same price as factory 10rd....I'd choose the factory 10 over a 25rd mag... and just wouldnt own a drum for a 10/22.

The op never stated his purpose, just wants them.which is good enough for me.
Maybe he's taking his kids out and they may enjoy having Larger mags..its about the only thing i could think of that would be practical. Edit..op did state purpose. range use.

Edit.. i am alittle offbase with the ruger being inexpensive...they cost alot more now then they did..like everything i guess

I must just be having have a hard time bridging the gap between a few snakes and 25 rds.. but hey as many as it takes i guess.

i own multiple 10/22s..so the mags i do have came with a complete rifle..
I only ever use 1 mag at a time anyway and a pocket full of cartridges...
For coyote id use a different firearm...for snakes i like .45 snakeshot...i don't care for carrying a rifle while i work or having to go grab it when i encounter snakes...
I dont encouter many snakes up north.

I get that you don't go looking for snakes. I get that you can't picture running into more than one snake. I get that you like snake shot. Me too, but snake shot doesn't function well in a 10/22. Over the years , I've ended up with more than a few 10 round factory 10/22 mags, just like you. Like you, I'd choose a different caliber for coyote too. I have an AR set up for just that purpose, but when a coyote shows up in the back yard, you use what's closest at the time. My brother got a coyote in his back yard with 4 shots from his model 60, .22 rifle, because it was closest to him at the time. Shit happens. Trust me, you'd encounter plenty of snakes up north, if you studied them and learned where to look for them and you'd see multiples on plenty of occasions.

It's my guess that you don't go looking for snakes.

I get if you don't have an assortment of firearms, a few mags can be a much needed accessory.. but it is my opinion(and just that) that buying high cap mags for a 10/22 has little practical purpose..while i sure they could be had for the same price as factory 10rd....I'd choose the factory 10 over a 25rd mag... and just wouldnt own a drum for a 10/22.

Maybe he's taking his kids out and they may enjoy having Larger mags..its about the only thing i could think of that would be practical. Edit..op did state purpose. range use.

Edit.. i am alittle offbase with the ruger being inexpensive...they cost alot more now then they did..like everything i guess

Actually those magazine coupler things work really well. like this
HTA 10/22 Magazine Coupler

I have a few and prefer them to the larger cap magazines, I find it more reliable using 10 round ruger factory mags, they are really well made.

I want to shoot more at the range or when plinking without reloading mags as often. 10 rounds goes by very fast when plinking and I spend more time reloading than shooting half of the time. Not for snakes or anything of the sort.

Actually those magazine coupler things work really well. like this
HTA 10/22 Magazine Coupler

I have a few and prefer them to the larger cap magazines, I find it more reliable using 10 round ruger factory mags, they are really well made.

I have seen those before, I'm thinking about trying them. Thank you for the suggestion. They have them that hole 3 10/22 mags in a triangle configuration too.

I like these the best: But they are Pre-Ban in my mind only. [wink]

iu

The thing about more mags is you gotta keep reloading them!

The triple mag holder works well and with zero malfunctions when shooting fast vs. the occasional malfunction with the single stack, straight line bx-25 ones. The factory 10 rounders are a rotary design and just work.

I get wanting to load up before a range trip, especially in the rain or snow...or even if its cold.

Back
Top Bottom