Where can I get a "reduced" Army L target?

Cuz

NES Member
Does anyone know where I can get a reduced Army L target? I'm looking for a reduced size in order to do RI LTC qualifications on a 50 ft range rather than on a 75 ft range. I called a few target places and nobody seems to have them.

Thanks,
-Cuz.

You talking about the one you used to zero on a 25 meter course?? or the one with all the sillouettes on it ???

The Army L target is also called a B-22. It's a great big bullseye target about 28 inches x 28 inches square. It's the required target for doing a RI LTC Qualification at 25 yards. I want to find a reduced one that presents the same "perspective" when used at 50 ft.

-Cuz.

I want to find a reduced one that presents the same "perspective" when used at 50 ft.
There is nothing in the statute that I can find that authorizes this. Scrivener is a member of the RI bar and can inform us if I have missed something.

There is nothing in the statute that I can find that authorizes this. Scrivener is a member of the RI bar and can inform us if I have missed something.

There is nothing that prohibits it either. Actually, if the target is reduced to the proper size it should be irrelevant if you shoot at 50 ft or 75 ft. The result should be the same score.

-cuz.

There is nothing that prohibits it either. Actually, if the target is reduced to the proper size it should be irrelevant if you shoot at 50 ft or 75 ft. The result should be the same score.

What you or I think "should be" equivalent to the specified test is irrelevant. What is relevant is the text of the statute:

11-47-15 Proof of ability required for license or permit. -- No person shall be issued a license or permit to carry a pistol or revolver concealed upon his or her person until he or she has presented certification as prescribed in 11-47-16 that he or she has qualified with a pistol or revolver of a caliber equal to or larger than the one he or she intends to carry, that qualification to consist of firing a score of 195 or better out of a possible score of 300 with thirty (30) consecutive rounds at a distance of twenty-five (25) yards on the army "L" target, firing "slow" fire. The "slow" fire course shall allow ten (10) minutes for the firing of each of three (3) ten (10) shot strings.

The statute requires that the test be done with the army "L" target at 25 yards. It specifies the target and the distance. There is no doubt at all about the requirements for the test. It doesn't say "at 25 yards with an army "L" target or at 50' with a reduced size army "L" target."

The statute requires that an instructor certify that you passed the test. As an NRA certified instructor, I have given this test to applicants for the RI permit. There is no way I would sign my name to an application saying that the applicant was tested in accordance with 11-47-15 if I had not administered the test at 25 yards with the army "L" target.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom