Where are all the revolvers?

You can't even shoot through a tree with a .357Mag.

Seriously though does he know what he wants? Something you carry is not all that fun to shoot.
Hes looking to me for advice. (I know, I know)
He's a PAC agent, so its for work for the most part.
I recommend .357 because you have cal. options.
I figured N frame/SP w/3-4" tube.

I have been lurking patiently for something as well. Although I just recently saw an add for the new Ruger LCR 3' barrell in .38 SPL I thought seemed cool. But who knows how long until it's available in MA.

I have been lurking patiently for something as well. Although I just recently saw an add for the new Ruger LCR 3' barrell in .38 SPL I thought seemed cool. But who knows how long until it's available in MA.

Once they release the .357 version of that LCR 3" barrel, I will be interested as a lightweight trail gun....but i am failing to see the purpose of a longer barrel w the .38 chambering

Once they release the .357 version of that LCR 3" barrel, I will be interested as a lightweight trail gun....but i am failing to see the purpose of a longer barrel w the .38 chambering

The longer barrel helps control recoil, but its biggest benefit is longer sight radius

Valid is point about waiting for a .357 version but I can find a reason to buy almost any firearm. It's just cash flow that stops me....

I have a friends Security 6 in my safe I think he'll let go reasonably. I can ask him if you want.

My wheel guns however are NOT FOR SALE. I'm still ISO the big Colt snake while keeping my butt intact. [smile]

as a few have said, .357 because it gives you the option of using .38's. i know because i made the mistake of buying the lcr .38 as my first carry and within a month wished i had bought the .357.

that said, i'll never give up my .38 because it was my first and you always love your first-born the most.

Other than the Nagant, the Lamat is the only other wheel gun I want.

Wow, someone who doesn't suffer from "Python Lust". [laugh]

mpyth10.jpg

The older revolvers are out there but most of them are not cheap. On the other hand I was looking for an affordable 586 for years, patience paid off twice. I found a 6" for $400 with custom wood combat grips and a 4" also with custom wood combat grips for $425. I just picked up a Model 29 classic for essentially $900, I paid too much but I wanted it.

I figured N frame/SP w/3-4" tube.

That sentence is a little confusing to me. What size revolver does he want (S, M or L?) The N frame is the largest frame size for a S&W and the SP is the smaller of the two Ruger metal frame revolvers. I'd look at a K or L frame from S&W (model 66, 686 etc) or a GP100 from Ruger.

I hear you, its hard to find decent stuff.

I have a no lock 686-1 and a S&W 38 airweight, they will probably outlast me!

Back
Top Bottom