• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where are all the revolvers?

I lurked in the classifieds for a while looking for something specific. I actually had lucked out when I went in to a shop and found exactly what I was looking for and at a fair price. Your buddy might want to visit some shops and see what they have in stock in addition to browsing NES.

I just traded in a S&W 629-2 on an HK VP9. Once I found my Dan Wesson 744 the Smith had no place in my cache... I mean, 'arsenal'.

I have a few that I was going to put on gunbroker. Got two that are going up for sale 66-3 2.5" and 37.

Unfortunately the 65 with 3" is spoken for.

Hopefully pic will come up.

20150207_203300_zpsuligoaq3.jpg

Last edited:
I ask myself the same thing as a revolver fan first and foremost. I also like pre-lock Smiths and older guns in general so my field is even more limited. So far I've gotten a 10, 36, and a Speed Six in .357.

Whenever I see a 29, or 586 or whatever in the classifieds I want to buy it just because it showed up.

I am buying a new gun in May (present for myself) and still want a .44 like a 29 or 629, but also want a Marlin 1894C or something too. Can't decide.

I wasn't familiar with the market back in the late '80s-mid '90s, but were there a lot of former police guns on the used revolver market back then? Must have been, as departments made the switch en masse from revolvers to semiautos in the late '80s-early '90s. Would that have flooded the market, and driven prices down? Plenty of inventory around, for cheap?

I wasn't familiar with the market back in the late '80s-mid '90s, but were there a lot of former police guns on the used revolver market back then? Must have been, as departments made the switch en masse from revolvers to semiautos in the late '80s-early '90s. Would that have flooded the market, and driven prices down? Plenty of inventory around, for cheap?
I wasn't old enough to buy handguns in the late 80's, but yeah, you used to be able to get police trade in revolvers really cheap. It was actually that way until just a few years ago. I sure wish it would come back! You could get a model 10 in decent shape for ~$200 or so.

I have a number of revolvers.
Ruger Single Six Convertible 4 5/8 inch barrel 22 /22mag unconverted 3 screw.
Ruger Single Six Convertible 4 5/8 inch barrel 22 / 22 mag.
Ruger 357 Blackhawk 4 5/8 inch barrel unconverted 3 screw.
Ruger 357 50th Anniversary Blackhawk 4 5/8 inch barrel.
Smith & Wesson 357 model 60Pro 3 inch barrel.
Smith & Wesson model 36 38 Special 1 7/8 inch barrel.

I wasn't old enough to buy handguns in the late 80's, but yeah, you used to be able to get police trade in revolvers really cheap. It was actually that way until just a few years ago. I sure wish it would come back! You could get a model 10 in decent shape for ~$200 or so.

Just wait fifty years, you'll be able to get used Glocks really cheap when the police adopt laser blasters or something. "Lightly used, some holster wear."

Back
Top Bottom