• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Where are all the revolvers?

I wasn't old enough to buy handguns in the late 80's, but yeah, you used to be able to get police trade in revolvers really cheap. It was actually that way until just a few years ago. I sure wish it would come back! You could get a model 10 in decent shape for ~$200 or so.

My recollection....

I could not buy hand guns I the 80s but I could buy long guns, so I was in gun shops.
There were a lot more wheel guns available, as they just tended to be more popular. Ime. By and large most people tended to be target shooters, and honestly a lot more fudds.

The "black gun" people were, at least in Mass, the minority. It was not until Clinton and the AWB that people started really getting interested in and buying black guns.

But what really killed the revolver market (IMO) was the rise in popularity in CC, couple that with all of a sudden (post AWB) we had a 10rd mag limit and all of a sudden everybody started making smaller pistols w/10 round mags that were concealable. The AWB gave us the G26 and pretty much everybody else followed..

Did someone ask where the revolvers were?

Revolvers1.jpg

Top is SP101 in .22
Then left to right are S&W 617 10 shot .22, Ruger GP100 6 shot .38/.357 and Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag

Last edited:
I think I've posted this pic before, but not in this thread...

My Webley sisters. Big and little. 1916 and 1943 or 44.

I lucked into a brand new 627 pro series from a NES member a few weeks ago. Great gun, with only 1 problem, my wife really likes it... so now I have a choice, fid another 627 in 5" ( which is what I wanted ) and give her the 4" or keep the 4" and find a used 66 and send it out to get some nice custom work for her

Back
Top Bottom