Whats your first gun to buy in 2011?

It was going to be the S&W Bodyguard 380 until I got to hold one and realized that I can only grip it with two fingers. That really turned me off. I hope to get a chance to actually shoot it and perhaps I will change my mind. Other than that I will try to stock up on ammo, whatever I do not currently reload ,which is everything outside of .40 and .45. Then, I will probably try to get some training.

Last edited:
I've been going back and forth on what to get. I went in on the Zombie lower group buy, and got a LPK for my birthday. I still need a stock, the upper, and whatever optics I decide on. I've also been looking at a S&W 1911PD (which would be my first 1911). I'm not sure if I'll have the money to do both, as the wife unit and I are expecting out first kid in May. Decisions, decisions.

I'm a newbie to this forum (and shooting in general). I currently have a Repo Brown Bess (Black Powder/Muzzleload) and am looking for a 'reasonable' Springfiled 1903 30-06 (high serial number reciever if possible). I've been monitoring Gun Broker.com and GunsAmerica.com but I don't like buying a "pig in a poke". I've ordered a TE and MW gage for the M1/Carbine and 1903 so I at least have a chance at getting a good shooter. any comments about what to expect or how to go about getting a good deal would be appricated. I do plan to attend the Marlborough show in late Jan.

I'm going to guess and say that I get a S&W 686 or possibly another .357 revolver before anything else. I need to get a rifle, badly, but I have a feeling the revolver will be first.

I'm planning on doing some training for SURE in 2011 too.

I am planning to pick up a pair of Vaquero's.
cowboy2.gif

I have no Idea...If I said nothing that would be a lie....I've bought one non C&R firearm in the past 2 years..everything else C&R impulse buy along with ammo.I have enough firearms related projects to last me till 2020.

I thought it was going to be a Version 2 CVA Accura but a good friend sold me his Remington 870 Express. Came with both the bird and slug barrel, ~125 rounds and an ammo belt. Gun is ~16-18 years old and looks brand new.

Fitz

I already brought myself an Auto Ordanance 1911 and 500 rounds of ammo plus reloading dies and bullets for 40 S&W and 45 ACP. I am considering them all late Christmas presents. I ended last year buying 7 guns (actually 6 as one was a gift from my father) in my first 7 months of having my LTC. I am going to write that off as an introduction period. This year my goal is to limit it to 2 or 3. I am worried I will be on that show Intervention if I don't slow down. The worst part is that every one is my favorite so I often show up to the range with the safe emptied.

They need to stop making such cool guns and so many different calibers. [smile]

Happy New Year.

Curtis

I ended last year buying 7 guns (actually 6 as one was a gift from my father) in my first 7 months of having my LTC. I am going to write that off as an introduction period. This year my goal is to limit it to 2 or 3. I am worried I will be on that show Intervention if I don't slow down. The worst part is that every one is my favorite so I often show up to the range with the safe emptied.

I know I'm going to be the same way! Waiting is very difficult! I want to go shoot a bunch of different weapons to find the one I like...but...I will be patient...

of course my first will probably be the ruger sr9c but id also like a nice savage rifle if i find one somewhat inexpensive and with a good scope if possible, anyone have a suggestion as far as what caliber rifle for deer hunting?

borrowed a real nice one from my dads friend to hunt up at moose head years ago but he has since sold it and even he doesnt remember the model, really liked that gun

An M1A, picked it up today. I'm done for a while...Got home repairs, braces for one daughter and the other is about to get her license, all my discretionary spending money is spoken for!

An M1A, picked it up today. I'm done for a while...Got home repairs, braces for one daughter and the other is about to get her license, all my discretionary spending money is spoken for!

Now that daughter #1 is getting her license, it's time to get a job so that should return some of your money to your pocket. [laugh] I remember for me the deal was if I got a car I'd get a job too. Never looked back.

Tonight I'm picking up a Marlin 99 ( M1 Carbine ) 22, beautiful condition. Later this week, I have a Marlin 39A, another oldie, That I have to pick up. Both Gunbroker buys here in CT. The 39A is a "G" date from 1950. The Marlin 99 was the predecessor to the Marlin 60 and was made from 1959-1961,62. Time to buy another safe, the 22 collection is getting out of hand.

Glock 22 from Zero Hour Arms in Easton. I checked out quite a few places to find one in almost uncarried condition so I am happy to finally add a Glock "fotay" to the collection.

Looks like a tie since I will end up picking up a s&w bodyguard 380 and my in transit Bennelli SNT next weekend. Oh yes.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I've have 2 zombie annihilator lowers ordered. I've been tossing a 380 acp and 30-30 purchase around. I'd like to get a 10mm eventually too but it isn't a high priority...more of an if the opportunity arises I'll jump on it thing.

Savage LRPV in either .223 or .308 (for 600 yards) haven't decided yet and of course some nice Leopold glass.............................any suggestions between .223 or .308 looking to reload and shoot something 69-77gr??????????????????????

Back
Top Bottom