What's your favorite new revolver?

DarthRevan

NES Member
So I've been thinking about getting a new revolver, not a used one because of reasons.
What would you unbiased, humble, civilized folks have to recommend?

What, if any, revolvers do you have now?

If I was new to revolvers I'd get any Ruger or S&W 4" in 357.

If I could pick anything for myself it would be a S&W performance center 627.

You didn't specify caliber or any other criteria so I will say a S&W 625, of all my wheel guns it's my favorite and I think they still make it.
Of course that is my biased, non humble un-civilized opinion....[laugh]

i picked up a ruger .45acp/45 colt redhawk, super nice revolver. round butt. 45acp uses moon clips.

My two revolvers are GP100 6" stainless and 7.5" Super Redhawk, highly recommend both. Greg Derr did a trigger job on my GP100 and Dave Santurri did a trigger job on my Super Redhawk. Very nice triggers and both built "like a tank".

Last edited:
Today I lean towards the Ruger GP100 but I think a S&W would be fine also. 4 inch barrel. .357 Magnum gives you the most versatility and ammunition can go from very mild .38 Spl wad cutters to sizzling hot .357 Magnum +P loads. Depending on how you dress, you can conceal these guns too.

If limited to one handgun for general purpose, I really think this is the way to go. The .357 Magnum 125 gr JHP is still king of personal defense stopping power if you can master it and every game animal in North America has been felled by heavy .357 Magnum loads.

On my list of favorites are my 686+ Talo 3", 625 3", GP100 4" SP101 2 1/4". Others don't make the favorites list.
Favorite new one is a 629 4"

I never tire of putting wad cutters thru my S&W 66 at the range.
For a BUG I have the S&W Airweight and a Ruger LCR. Identical but I rate the LCR a little better for hand comfort.

GP100 match champion + wolff springs - best trigger I've found for $700 range

LCR 38 - fun at the range and on the ankle

new blackhawk 357 (old school SA fun)

Last edited:
4" Smith & Wesson Model 66. I prefer the K-frame over the heavier L-frame 686. Personally, I would look for a used 66 (or 19) rather than a new one with the key, but that's my predilection.

My next will likely be a S&W 627 or a 6" 617 (already have a 4"), but hard to pick a favorite - 625, 617 10 shot or my early1980s Python I got for my 21st birthday

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom