What's your favorite new revolver?

This was my first purchased a few weeks ago. Still need to get out and fire it. GP100 4" purchased at fs
d2b14c751e59e367350d20c9cca17ebb.jpg

I'm going with a K or L frame Smith.
357 for home or hunting. 38 for cheap range times.
Really depends on your intended use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4" Smith & Wesson Model 66. I prefer the K-frame over the heavier L-frame 686. Personally, I would look for a used 66 (or 19) rather than a new one with the key, but that's my predilection.

Agree the K frame handles better for me. The 'new' K frame model 66-8 has some beefed up areas to improve strength, should you give it a steady diet of hot .357 Magnum loads. Key doesn't bother me. Just ignore it.

I got one in October, and love it. Single action trigger is smooth as buttah.

4.25" bbl. Six shots of .357 mag or .38spl. Adjustable rear target sight. Red ramp front. Matte stainless with black controls & rubber grip.

Shared it with classmates at RSO class, and drew raves from others.

a0890692c6619b9adec7f599bec2bd61.jpg

Last edited:
smith627_827.jpg
smith and weson 627 8 round cylinder .357 which means you can also shoot .38 spl.

or the ruger GP 100 ($570) or sp101 ($460) in .357 if you want to spend less.

Last edited:
Actually I was just about to post that I want to get a S&W M&P R8, does anyone have one of those or shot one of those? I have no practical use for it, just want to get it as a range toy. Hey I'm just being honest.

I have one as a range toy, it is awesome. I am running a Weaver micro dot on it and steel plates don't stand a chance. I prefer the TRR8 since both the top and bottom rails are removable. Four Seasons had a bunch of them a few months ago for a great price.

Chris

my first and only revolver, a S&W R8 8-shot .357 :O

p.s. No idea why pic uploaded upside down, sorry? right side up on my phone

uploadfromtaptalk1452881124923.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

It would be nice if Colt started manufacturing the Python again.

You going to pay 5000 dollars for one? It would probably cost that much with all the hand fitting for a more than century old and somewhat fragile action.

If you really want one that badly I'll sell you mine for 4500 dollars, no trades, cash only...firm price. [rofl] didn't think so...see the problem?

I love my 7" S&W 686+. I love the stock trigger. Smooth DA pull with a very predictable break and the SA break has zero creep.

20150409_221123_zpsigoy7rqf.jpg

I have also shot a Ruger SP101 .357, Ruger Redhawk .44, and a Ruger Super Redhawk .480 and Rugers are nice overall, but the stock triggers aren't great out of the box.

Love my GP100. Added a red front ramp and that's it for now. Trigger is great from the box, but will send to Derr for a cleanup some day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I love my 7" S&W 686+. I love the stock trigger. Smooth DA pull with a very predictable break and the SA break has zero creep.

20150409_221123_zpsigoy7rqf.jpg

I have also shot a Ruger SP101 .357, Ruger Redhawk .44, and a Ruger Super Redhawk .480 and Rugers are nice overall, but the stock triggers aren't great out of the box.

I like what's wearing your Hula Hoop better! Sorry got mesmerized............[laugh]

I have a match champion with a wolf spring kit installed. It's amazing. Ruger hit it out of the park with this one. I have the fixed rear site. LOVE IT.

edit=I also changed out the stock wood grip with a Hogue grip that has no finger grooves.....HUGE improvement.

Back
Top Bottom