What's the most over-priced gun?

How about some of the very pricey bolt action "sniper" rifles out there. Accuracy International bolt gun for 4-$6000. Yes they are fantastic guns and I would love to own one. But its tough to justify their price when you put them next to a Remington or a Tikka.

Oh and anything with an H and a K on it.

Anything full auto in Ma. $1000 for a colt AR, $25000 for a full auto m16

That's not unique to MA, full auto stuff is expensive nationwide thanks to the 1986 ban on civilian ownership of newly manufactured machineguns.

No such thing as over-priced. The market determines the price. Krieghoff and Perazzi didn't start off with ... ' hey, let's build a shotgun and sell it for more than it's worth '... Their customers determined the value.

No such thing as over-priced. The market determines the price. Krieghoff and Perazzi didn't start off with ... ' hey, let's build a shotgun and sell it for more than it's worth '... Their customers determined the value.

Actually doesn't the manufacturer suggest a price that's not far off from the ' market ' price?

Actually doesn't the manufacturer suggest a price that's not far off from the ' market ' price?

Not really.

MSRP stands for Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which is basically how much the maker of something suggests it may cost. Most of the time (and I don't live in Mass), I knock about $100 to $200 off the MSRP in my head.

Why? A good FFL will charge 10% or 15% over cost.

Two examples I can give are my Beretta 92FS INOX Compact and a Springfield Armory Standard M1A I almost bought. Beretta USA gives a MSRP of $775 for that pistol. SA gives a MSRP of POR (price on request), but links to a distributor that charges $1739, Gallery of Guns.

I paid $660 at my FFL for the Beretta and I could've bought the M1A for $1450. Even with taxes, the M1A would've only been around $1550ish.

I guess it depends on what you think is close to market price, and what prices you're looking at. If you're comparing your gun store's prices to gunbroker or gunsamerica, your gun store will probably be higher. If you're comparing the gun store to MSRP, the gun store should be cheaper. If a gun store is charging MSRP, don't patronize that store.

With Mass it's probably another story however.

With Mass it's probably another story however.

Not really, assuming we're discussing things that are on an even plane. For example if I went to buy a Ruger LCR .38 at Four Seasons, it's like $399 cash plus tax, gunbroker is like $385 + shipping + transfer fee, which would ultimately probably wash pretty close to the FS price. Also, some of this "MA price" crap is mostly a myth, unless we're talking like a Preban AR-15, or an NAA Mini or something like that. The reality for me at least is the sales tax in MA is the biggest price disruptor of them all. On that LCR you would end up paying like $25 in friggan taxes just by using an MA dealer to buy it, unless you bought it on tax free weekend. (happens once a year).

-Mike

What's the most over-priced gun out there? (I'm talking from a value perspective here, expensive does not always mean over-priced.)

And, go.

I like springfield M1A's but they are pricey in my opinion they have made them for a long time and the price seems to only go up on them even though it is a 70+ year old design(I know that old doesn't make it bad but I am pretty sure all the machine tooling is paid off by now haha.)

I like springfield M1A's but they are pricey in my opinion they have made them for a long time and the price seems to only go up on them even though it is a 70+ year old design(I know that old doesn't make it bad but I am pretty sure all the machine tooling is paid off by now haha.)
The M14's are probably one of the most complex and difficult firearms to make. Now that all the USGI parts have dried up, they need to build all the parts groups too. I'm not surprised they're as expensive as they are.

This for $100k

tiONE-titanium-AR-308-nemo1.jpg

http://nemoarms.com/worlds-titanium-ar-308-rifle-by-nemo-arms-100000/

Uzis in MA are ridiculous. I saw a bunch at the show this weekend, all $1700-2300. Are you kidding??? I just built one for like $700, and if you didn't live in MA, you could buy one of those Vectors for $900. And don't tell me the quality is that much better on those old IMI's. Its an uzi, its a welded up box frame with a big chunk of metal as a bolt. Super simple and not much to go wrong in there.

Mass compliant?

Sure, why not. Just pin / replace the stock and or the same with the muzzle device.
My op was a joke, just like the gun is, and I think your post. They built it to build it. I don't think anyone is going to buy one, especially since we have killed Saddam off. http://thebrigade.thechive.com/2012/07/08/saddam-husseins-gold-gun-collection/

Edit: btw, nemo's ar platforms, although unattainable for most of us, are freaking sweet. 300 win mag is un-real.

Last edited:
Anything engraved. Jut not worth the money too me I mean gun A is $900 Gun B same gun but engraved is $3000? I'm going to shoot it not put it in an art gallery.

Back
Top Bottom