What's the most over-priced gun?

It's a tie between designer name AR's and designer name 1911's.
Really hard to justify 300-500% cost increase for near the same performance.

Colt revolvers- love the Python's but can't justify the cost.[/QUOTE]

Plus you have the Walking Dead Fanboy tax on them right now.

All my others were taken...M1a, Scar and anything KelTec

Transferable full auto.

I would guess my local police can buy a true M16 for about a thousand bucks.
A ragged 1960 A1 is what ? 25 grand ?

yup, post samples costs so much less for a reason, .gov created that market.

that plus anything custom (OMFG, I "invested" thousands into this kevlar tacticooled musket)

ALL handguns !!! WHY?! Because for the quality and size of a firearm you get it is a RIP OFF. [sad]

Pre-ban guns that fetch a premium when they are really a POS! [thinking]

1. New Glocks in MA - yup
2. Sig Sauer AR-15s (e.g. M400)
3. Colt Revolvers
4. Colt AR-15s

I sort of developed a crush for the Colt Python after Walking Dead began airing. Never fired one but definitely jump-started my interest in wheel guns. Checked out gunbroker.com for Colt Pythons and that sort of threw a wet blanket on that idea!

I have a couple friends in NH that paid less than $1k for their Sig M400 Enhanced versions, in Mass they're $12-1300.

So this is what i think is overpriced....Anything that is sold in Mass!!!!

This.......lol. Gen 2 G23, never fired. The magazines have never even been loaded. I'm the second owner. Original owner is a very good friend.
2y7agy2a.jpg

Fired from my HTC One X+ with high capacity storage

I once asked a similar question of a truckdriver friend of mine... "What's the most expensive cargo I ever carried?? A truckload of sailboat fuel."

The Most Expensive Anything is the one that is never used. (Safe queens, not real necessarily investor grade stuff.)

I guess it all comes down to what someone considers overpriced. I mentioned Valmet rifles before because even though its a very nice AK platform gun made in Finland, spending over $2000 on one just seems like a hard pill for me to swallow, plus magazines start at around $200. Galils (not the new Golani clones) are up there as well with prices $2000 and up. Reason for pricing on these guns and many others is availability. No more will be imported, just like Russian SKS carbines. Mike mentioned them being a $69 gun in his book, and while I'm sure they were at one time, an import ban jacked the price up and it keeps rising because more and more collectors want them now that they're getting harder to find and they're willing to pay.

I guess it all comes down to what someone considers overpriced. I mentioned Valmet rifles before because even though its a very nice AK platform gun made in Finland, spending over $2000 on one just seems like a hard pill for me to swallow, plus magazines start at around $200. Galils (not the new Golani clones) are up there as well with prices $2000 and up. Reason for pricing on these guns and many others is availability. No more will be imported, just like Russian SKS carbines. Mike mentioned them being a $69 gun in his book, and while I'm sure they were at one time, an import ban jacked the price up and it keeps rising because more and more collectors want them now that they're getting harder to find and they're willing to pay.

PSG1 as an example

especially the SAA models.

But they are all hand made in Colts custom shop and I'm sure their skilled labor isn't cheap.
BTW, Jeff Gordon has 4 matching pairs of highly customized SAA's in .45LC.
They're part of the winners prize package when you win a Cup race in Texas.

Back
Top Bottom