Whats on your S&W 15-22?

SKS Ray

NES Member
I picked one of these up recently for cheap money and shot it tonight. The rifle functions great but I don't care for the sights. I'm looking to get a cheap pair of flip ups so I can throw a scope or dot on it but can't see spending a lot of $ since this is just a rimfire rifle. I was thinking Magpul maybe. I don't want crap and can't put much faith in NcStar or UTG because I just can't see them lasting even on a .22 plinker.

Ideas?

I had a cheap pair of magpul flip ups and mounted a Chinese gun show aim 1-4x tactical scope on mine. It worked great, but I sold it recently with the original sights. It was a lot of fun, very accurate with even just the factory sights.

I bought a cheap carry handle, then mounted a scope to that - liked the way it looked, but couldn't get the scope to ratchet down tight, so it wouldn't stay zeroed. I ended up putting an inexpensive red dot on it in a co-witness setup with the factory sights.

Just picked one up myself and I put on a cheap Pentax red dot that I can co-witness with the stock sights but now I'm thinking of a descent scope since the reality is I'll probably shoot it more than my 5.56 because it's so cheap to shoot.

15-22.jpg

MagPul MOE Buttstock Collapsible $56.95
MagPul MOE RVG Rail Vertical Forend Grip $23.70
MagPul MOE Pistol Grip $19.90
Magpul Industries MBUS Generation II Sight Set Front & Rear $80
I forget how much the Burris ACOG knock off was but it wasnt too crazy.

Last edited:
I have a Tasco "World Class" 3-9 x 40 scope that seems to have held up well on various .22's. Not exactly tacti-cool, but has not broken
yet and I have had it for about seven years.

NcStar MKIII tactical 2-7. Cheap, but it has held up just fine and is plenty accurate enough. Also not a bad look. I have a 1/2" high quick release riser that also lets me swap it out easily, and with the extra height it just sits high enough that I never have to remove the front sight (just the rear) when I want to shoot iron sights.

Also, lots of MagPul rail covers, and a QC Stubby vertical grip...love it because it's just tall enough to grab well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Tac-Sol .22 upper is sporting a Super Sniper 10x scope on Badger Rings. But then the upper was nearly $800, so another $450 isn't so big a deal. Doing it again, I'd put the LaRue cantilever mount on as I'd like another inch of eye relief. Still, the rifle is far more consistent than I am. 1 large jagged hole at 100 yards can be done.

Sent from the bottom of my bowl of Cheerios.

Back
Top Bottom