What's Going On In Boston Right Now (Gladstone Street)?

What was that joke of a "security company" that had a bunch of LARP'ers? Out of the south. There was a lot of jokes about them here a few years ago.

Bolt Force?

That guy is my role model! [smile]

PkwKhYV.png

Z6TokUD.jpg

bRZL7Z1.jpg

The intros to the videos are awesome... [rofl]

https://www.boltforce.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.... I'm at a loss. BPD can't be trusted with long guns... What's the average response time of this gun car. Was there an event that caused them to not have a carbine in each cruiser?

No long guns in the average BPD cruiser. Not even a shotgun. Sergeant cars have a less-lethal shotgun in the trunk. Gun cars have long guns. SWAT has long guns.

BPD is not a forward-thinking department.

No long guns in the average BPD cruiser. Not even a shotgun. Sergeant cars have a less-lethal shotgun in the trunk. Gun cars have long guns. SWAT has long guns.

this plus a $5 mil settlement may have a tiny bit to do with it.
also titled "why we cant have nice things anymore'.

Victoria Snelgrove.

It's been this way as far back as I can remember, which is the late 1960s/early 1970s. Sgts have bean bag shot guns, but even that is fairly recent. The first gun cars appeared on the scene in the early 1990s, but have expanded since.
I think all of the gun cars now are part of SWAT and come out of Special Operations.

From the latest TV news report I just saw, they have changed their story from an assault rifle to a "tactical shotgun".

They're also changing bulletproof vest to "ballistics vest." I'm sure it was probably some tacticool shit and about as capable of stopping a round as a piece of paper.

Tell me seriously that the pictures in post 91 are really this clown. That just spells wrong on soooo many fronts.

It's not, but about the same idea.

- - - Updated - - -

From the latest TV news report I just saw, they have changed their story from an assault rifle to a "tactical shotgun".
So it had a flashlight on it and was black?

Because you don't get a "gun car" for DV call. Exigency calls for immediate response with what's in the holster and BPD can't be trusted with long guns in the cruisers, management sees no need for them and there is "always time to get them in the field when you need them" mentality! Didn't work too well here! Perhaps the officers' might not have been hit multiple times had they gone in with a few long guns for backup. They should also have been apprised that a resident has a LTC before they got there . . . at least that is info given over the air in the 'burbs before LEOs respond to a call.

Lets tap the brakes here, just for a second please.

These guys answered a DV/disturbance call. It seems youre suggesting that if they had patrol rifles, they may not have been hit multiple times? The only way that would be possible is if the 2 officers initially responded to the call with patrol rifles in hand, at the low ready.
The whole gun car mentality in the city of Boston is a separate and ridiculous issue, I agree, but you certainly cant be advocating officers start answering normal calls for service with patrol rifles in hand as the norm, right?

Would this warrant additional caution because the cops can assume people without an LTC are unarmed, or less caution because LTC holders tend not to be dirtbags?

Right? Should the responding officers be apprised that the residents are known to have kitchen knives and possibly baseball bats in the house too? What if the family burns wood, do we now need to register wood burning stoves due to the possibility of an axe, or hatchet exists in the home? All these items are just as killy as a gun, so where is the line drawn?

The beret is awesome, but for more giggles, go to the "gallery" section of the website and take in all its awesomeness.

[rofl]

Stock pictures gonna stock. I really enjoyed the picture if the wallow talkie on the hip of some guy.

Did he really need that picture to be included? (I'm saying this as I completely overlook the more ridiculous ones).

They're also changing bulletproof vest to "ballistics vest." I'm sure it was probably some tacticool shit and about as capable of stopping a round as a piece of paper.

"Bullet proof vest" is a misnomer. The true term is ballistic vest, as they are not really "bullet proof".

And as I said in an earlier post it was a Kel Tec KSG 12GA, AKA "tactical shotgun". I'm glad it was cleared up. Even though Evans still continued to call it a rifle, and then a "shotgun type rifle" whatever the hell that is lol.

"Bullet proof vest" is a misnomer. The true term is ballistic vest, as they are not really "bullet proof".

And as I said in an earlier post it was a Kel Tec KSG 12GA, AKA "tactical shotgun". I'm glad it was cleared up. Even though Evans still continued to call it a rifle, and then a "shotgun type rifle" whatever the hell that is lol.

Evans gonna Evans.

Bolt Force?

That guy is my role model! [smile]

PkwKhYV.png

Z6TokUD.jpg

bRZL7Z1.jpg

The intros to the videos are awesome... [rofl]

https://www.boltforce.com/

Only NES could have delivered such epic laughs.

We are a civilian force and do not claim to be a credited law enforcement or security agency.
We dress all in black to be stealthy when fighting crime at night, we wear body armor only for our protection from criminals and carry weapons only for our protection.
We distinguish ourselves to others by saying we are not Police, we are Bolt Force, a civilian crime fighting force and have patches that say Bolt Force.
In a time of law enforcement cut backs and hiring freezes, citizens are helping out, but no where in the country to the extent of BOLT FORCE.

Something tells me you have to read the entire website with the same voice as the guy who did the "A-Team" intro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well.... I'm at a loss. BPD can't be trusted with long guns... What's the average response time of this gun car. Was there an event that caused them to not have a carbine in each cruiser?

Mumbles Menino and the former Commish said NO!

FWIW, I heard on the morning news "finger in the wound" as in plugging a hole to prevent bleeding out. Not sure what's true, just saying it could be a miscommunication somewhere along the line.

News reports were one was hit in the leg, if it hit the femoral artery he could have indeed bled out very quickly so anything to stop the geyser of blood from that hole (and a 12 ga makes a big hole) is a good thing.

The firearm used was not a rifle, it was not an "assault rifle". It was a Kel Tec KSG 12GA. Evans wouldn't know an assault rifle if someone stuck one up his ass. Let's see if this information actually comes out . . . . .

Very nasty at close range.

Does "constable" put you into the "exempt from AWB" category? Are constables subject to the EOPS and AG's lists?

Not according to those that control their own definition of "LEO".

NO LEO is exempt from the EOPS Roster wrt dealer purchases, only the agency purchases are exempt.

A ****ing SHOTGUN? Christ on a crutch! Here we go with shotguns being AR-15s now. [banghead]

must have been an assault shotgun.

Well the KSG violates the Boston Ban, tube mags >6 rds are specifically called out as illegal in that ban. Nobody ever gets prosecuted for it however.

Very true.

Lets tap the brakes here, just for a second please.

These guys answered a DV/disturbance call. It seems youre suggesting that if they had patrol rifles, they may not have been hit multiple times? The only way that would be possible is if the 2 officers initially responded to the call with patrol rifles in hand, at the low ready.
The whole gun car mentality in the city of Boston is a separate and ridiculous issue, I agree, but you certainly cant be advocating officers start answering normal calls for service with patrol rifles in hand as the norm, right?

No, not in every case, but given this Rambo's reputation, Crown Vic and I'll bet that he's "known" to BPD, yes this one would in my estimation justify at least one officer at the rear with a long gun.

Officers were not wearing vests according to Evans during the press conference.

Dumb and should be a violation of their policies!

Did it actually come out in the media that it was a "tactical shotgun"?

this plus a $5 mil settlement may have a tiny bit to do with it.
also titled "why we cant have nice things anymore'.

Victoria Snelgrove.

Actually, I think this long predates the Victoria Snelgrove incident.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know, the boat with the mounted crew served is right up there as well lol

We should do a google image search on those images. I'm guessing they are copyrighted by someone else and he just stole them off the interwebs.

Back
Top Bottom