• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What will you buy when you move to a free state?

Pmags? If I could buy them here in Connecticut, I'd be in 7th heaven. That's why

What would I buy if I were in a free state (like the one I'm moving too in 2017?) I'll tell you. A simple, plain Jane AR15 kit and I'd build it on a $95 lower receiver of no particular label. Why? Because I'd want to feel that satisfaction one more time of building a working rifle before my GD state outlawed them because some A##wipe used his .22 bushmaster for evil purposes. Try living under this oppressive regime and you too will find plain vanilla stuff very attractive once again.

One of my first purchases after moving up here was a bag full of PMAGS. I bought them one at a time, just to have the pleasure of doing so again and again. I think Shooter's thought I was crazy. There was a week I was in there almost every day. Hey, it's a mile from the house, whadya want?
Do you ever go over to tuckers? That place is part of my new ritual when hitting the gun shops in that area. Man the smoothies and French toast are bomb.

I moved 2 miles away from Old Glory Guns in Mason. Day one, picked up every Pmag they had in the store. Since then, I've bought two free state M&P's from them. I moved to MA from a free state though. So I didn't hit the gun store like a virgin once I moved back out, just more of a guy in a dry spell.

Pmags? If I could buy them here in Connecticut, I'd be in 7th heaven. That's why

What would I buy if I were in a free state (like the one I'm moving too in 2017?) I'll tell you. A simple, plain Jane AR15 kit and I'd build it on a $95 lower receiver of no particular label. Why? Because I'd want to feel that satisfaction one more time of building a working rifle before my GD state outlawed them because some A##wipe used his .22 bushmaster for evil purposes. Try living under this oppressive regime and you too will find plain vanilla stuff very attractive once again.

Where are you relocating to?

hind-a.jpg

Every time I drive over that Piscataqua River I feel as it a load has been removed from my shoulders and the air just seems more 'free' and crisp. I smile more there, too.

Lol by that time you're already exiting NH.

-Mike

This question doesn't mean crap as long as you stay in MA (who is REALLY going to leave, and not just talk about it). It's like asking someone with a life sentence: "Where will you eat when you get out of prison...".

This question doesn't mean crap as long as you stay in MA (who is REALLY going to leave, and not just talk about it). It's like asking someone with a life sentence: "Where will you eat when you get out of prison...".

Not really, because I can "get out of prison" every day if I really wanted to. The border's 15-20 minutes from my house.

-Mike

More of us move then you think.

My wife laughs at me because I take a deep breath and say "freedom" everytime I cross the border.

I apologize to my dog when I take her into MA.

Speak for yourself, I'm not locked into Mass. Almost half my coworkers commute from NH.

If MA goes further in the direction of NY or CT (or CA), I'd tell my wife we're moving to southern NH.

Well I will tell you what I bought, I moved to Florida last month. Sig m400, gen 4 g19, gen 4 g26 ruger mark 3 and 30 pmags. Also 20 g 19 mags and a handful of g18 mags.

Well I will tell you what I bought, I moved to Florida last month. Sig m400, gen 4 g19, gen 4 g26 ruger mark 3 and 30 pmags. Also 20 g 19 mags and a handful of g18 mags.

The only thing on that list that might be difficult to get is the Mags. All the other stuff is easily obtainable in Massachusetts at normal(ish) retail.

Speak for yourself, I'm not locked into Mass. Almost half my coworkers commute from NH.

If MA goes further in the direction of NY or CT (or CA), I'd tell my wife we're moving to southern NH.

I don't live in MA, and never will. I recommend the people who live there (and hate it), move elsewhere. You only live once. [grin]

Well... so far, if you don't count the guns I've got for sale at Lonely Mountain Arms, I've gotten:

Brand-new Magpul 30 round AR mags.
CZ-75BD
Colt 1908
S&W 61
Remington 870 Youth Model
Sporterized Eddystone P17 (the American Enfield) for my wife (she needed a 30-06)
AR-15 in 300 Blackout with collapsible FAB Defense stock with a spare magazine and a flash hider. (we built TWO - one is the wife's. First Anniversary presents to each other... - for our second anniversary, we're planning on cans for them.)
Glock 17 4 gen (got it in a trade and promptly got rid of it... still don't like Glocks)

Wife bought an LC9S, as well, and ditched that gawd-awful LC9.

Sister-in-law bought a KelTec Sub2000 in 9mm Glock (with several post ban mags)
A Mossberg 510 Super Bantam
And a S&W M&P 9 (with standard capacity mags).

We love Vermont.

Back
Top Bottom