• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What will you buy when you move to a free state?

I moved to NC from Lowell MA in 2008.
So far. FNS9 17+1 Capacity, comes with 3 17 round mags. Have 5 17 rnd mags total.
H&K VP9 (wife's) 15+1, 4 15 round mags.
FNX45, 15+1 with 3 15 round mags.
Last Christmas I bought my wife a M&P15 Sport and a bunch of PMAG 30 round mags.
The only firearm we have with MA complaint mags is my wife's Walther CCP.
And as I sit at my desk at work I have a FNS9c (12+1) in a Clinger Stingray holster.
Freedom is great.

i mean to say that he doesn't have a valid point is silly. my philosophy about MA is robert de niro at the end of "heat".

i told you i was never goin' back.

I don't remember that line, was it when he was dying?

It's an invalid point, many do leave, many others will leave.

The movie was great but I thought no way Al Pacino should survive that ambush and get the drop on him.

i think they would have had a really hard time getting away after the driver got killed and the car crashed. two dudes couldn't lay down that much fire for that long, hell a standard combat load is 210 rounds so they'd have to find a place for six mags right off the bat.

movie magic. [laugh]

i think they would have had a really hard time getting away after the driver got killed and the car crashed. two dudes couldn't lay down that much fire for that long, hell a standard combat load is 210 rounds so they'd have to find a place for six mags right off the bat.

movie magic. [laugh]

yeah but that scene was so awesome! Love the "making of" video I saw with the actors doing live fire training. Can't find it though.

movie magic. [laugh]

Less retarded than normal though, that whole scene only lasts a few minutes. HEAT also gets honorable mention for being one of the few movies that doesn't use foley'd-in gunfire.

When those nutcases in north hollywood, Metaseraenu and Phillips tried to mimick the movie robbery in a way, they kept the cops at bay for like 20+ minutes... of course they made the mistake of not getting the hell out of dodge, and by the time they thought it would be a good idea to start moving, it was too late.

-Mike

Less retarded than normal though, that whole scene only lasts a few minutes. HEAT also gets honorable mention for being one of the few movies that doesn't use foley'd-in gunfire.

When those nutcases in north hollywood, Metaseraenu and Phillips tried to mimick the movie robbery in a way, they kept the cops at bay for like 20+ minutes... of course they made the mistake of not getting the hell out of dodge, and by the time they thought it would be a good idea to start moving, it was too late.

-Mike

very true. they were better shots in heat however. [laugh]

-Mike

Also interesting was that the coffee scene and dialogue is almost exactly based on real events, between a detective and leader of a robbery crew that the movie was based on.

My wife laughs at me because I take a deep breath and say "freedom" everytime I cross the border.

Well... so far, if you don't count the guns I've got for sale at Lonely Mountain Arms, I've gotten:

Brand-new Magpul 30 round AR mags.
CZ-75BD
Colt 1908
S&W 61
Remington 870 Youth Model
Sporterized Eddystone P17 (the American Enfield) for my wife (she needed a 30-06)
AR-15 in 300 Blackout with collapsible FAB Defense stock with a spare magazine and a flash hider. (we built TWO - one is the wife's. First Anniversary presents to each other... - for our second anniversary, we're planning on cans for them.)
Glock 17 4 gen (got it in a trade and promptly got rid of it... still don't like Glocks)

Wife bought an LC9S, as well, and ditched that gawd-awful LC9.

Sister-in-law bought a KelTec Sub2000 in 9mm Glock (with several post ban mags)
A Mossberg 510 Super Bantam
And a S&W M&P 9 (with standard capacity mags).

We love Vermont.

Whoops, forgot the new gen S&W 317.

I picked up a S&W M&P 9mm Pro 5" with a bunch of 17 rnd mags.

I just paid for the NFA trust documents, now I need to find a couple of people to witness it and to get it notarized.

After the NFA trust is in place I am looking to pickup an Ospray 45 http://silencerco.com/products/osprey/

I would like to pickup a couple of ar10 and ar15 billet lower receivers, with a stack of appropriate pmags soon before we have an executive action that messes things up more.

I have a number of bolt and lever guns but I haven't touched an AR yet.

Any pointers on what lowers are the most compatible?

I just received approval for an m203 in MA. I bought it because i can't own a suppressor.....because we must always "think of the children"
#gunsarebad

I recently moved to Missouri from CT. I've bought AK's, dozens of Pmags and a few drum mags for the AK's, and this past weekend I bought an FN FAL. There's a nice gun shop with great pricing on just about every corner here.

[smile]
20151021_052109_TewksburyWeapons_500.jpg

I have pretty much whatever I want/need other than a very short list if going to a free state. Obviously suppressors would top the list, but having the ability to SBS my Saiga 12, and put a folding stock on it (with an extra evil pistol grip) would be my main "want". I'd probably have some folding stocked AKs too. I don't get why some people think that guns are way cheaper elsewhere, because I've travelled to many states and other than the up charge that you see on Glocks, and some other off list stuff, the prices are very similar. In fact a couple of weeks ago I looked at a GP100 Match Champion at a gun shop in NH, and it was $100 MORE than I paid here in MA!

So you're just in the thread to be a dick? Got it.

So when two people disagree in the forum, they get called a "dick"...? Sounds like a liberal....disagree in a civil conversation, then get called names. I simply recommended that if somebody hates where they live (i.e. MA) so much, why not move...it is simple as that. No hostility, no names, just a simple recommendation. To argue about that is not productive. We should all work together to support 2A and firearm laws in general so that we all live in "gun-friendly" states.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom