What to pay for a used Seecamp LWS32???

Hey All,
Like many of you I have the unfortunate burden of abiding by MA gun laws and am looking for a pocket pistol. Seems the Seecamp might be my best bet but since the waiting list is so long I was going to look for a used one. I was curious what I should expect to spend for a used Seecamp with all the factory materials, box, manual, etc... I will only buy one that is in very very good condition.

Your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

Hey All,
Like many of you I have the unfortunate burden of abiding by MA gun laws and am looking for a pocket pistol. Seems the Seecamp might be my best bet but since the waiting list is so long I was going to look for a used one. I was curious what I should expect to spend for a used Seecamp with all the factory materials, box, manual, etc... I will only buy one that is in very very good condition.

Your input would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

You may want to post in the classifieds under "WTB". Jack.

I'd only bother with a used one if you're gonna get $100+ off whatever FS or whoever is selling it for. Otherwise just get in the Queue for the next
batch of fresh ones.

You should also ask yourself the question...

"Do I -REALLY- want a Seecamp? "

This was a gun that was meant to be carried a lot and shot very little. This is a gun that you will either love or hate.

It has the most oddball manual of arms of any semiautomatic pistol
out there. (Slide will not open without magazine inserted at least part of the way, so you have to "creatively" clear the gun when unloading it. )

The gun does NOT take .32 ACP cheapo FMJ, so feeding this beast isn't
cheap. You must use defense ammo in it at all times, unless you reload
for .32 ACP and have a source of hollowpoints that work with the seecamp.

They're nice guns but if I had the opportunity to go back in time I never would have bought the one I bought.

To me the only four upsides to the seecamp are:

-It's really small.
-It's very well made
-It's actually pretty accurate for not having sights.
-The company that makes it really stands behind the product- so when you break it (and you will, especially if you don't read the manual) they will fix
it for nothing.

The downsides, other than what I've stated here, are pretty obvious, so I won't get into that too much.

One upside is if you end up in the "hate it" column it will not take very long
to re-sell your pistol, and you'll probably get most of your money back, possibly even right up to what you paid for it. (They only seem to produce
those pistols in spurts.... )

-Mike

I'd only bother with a used one if you're gonna get $100+ off whatever FS or whoever is selling it for. Otherwise just get in the Queue for the next
batch of fresh ones.

You should also ask yourself the question...

"Do I -REALLY- want a Seecamp? "

This was a gun that was meant to be carried a lot and shot very little. This is a gun that you will either love or hate.

It has the most oddball manual of arms of any semiautomatic pistol
out there. (Slide will not open without magazine inserted at least part of the way, so you have to "creatively" clear the gun when unloading it. )

The gun does NOT take .32 ACP cheapo FMJ, so feeding this beast isn't
cheap. You must use defense ammo in it at all times, unless you reload
for .32 ACP and have a source of hollowpoints that work with the seecamp.

They're nice guns but if I had the opportunity to go back in time I never would have bought the one I bought.

To me the only four upsides to the seecamp are:

-It's really small.
-It's very well made
-It's actually pretty accurate for not having sights.
-The company that makes it really stands behind the product- so when you break it (and you will, especially if you don't read the manual) they will fix
it for nothing.

The downsides, other than what I've stated here, are pretty obvious, so I won't get into that too much.

One upside is if you end up in the "hate it" column it will not take very long
to re-sell your pistol, and you'll probably get most of your money back, possibly even right up to what you paid for it. (They only seem to produce
those pistols in spurts.... )

-Mike

All very good points and I appreciate the feedback. The answer to the most important question is no, I dont REALLY want a Seecamp, I just happen to think it is MY best option for a pocket pistol. Carried a lot and shot a little is what I am looking for. I know this has been beat to death but any recomendations on a comparable pocket gun are welcome. But I like the size of the Seecamp and am not interested in the lightweight revolvers.

The other gun I like and have found available in MA is the Ruger LCP. Any opinions on that??? The .380 would be nice.

The other gun I like and have found available in MA is the Ruger LCP. Any opinions on that??? The .380 would be nice.

The LCP isn't normally sold in MA, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some FTFs and the like going on with em.

The LCP seems like a decent gun, if I was looking for a pocket pistol I'd try to get one of those before another Seecamp.

The thing is though, even the little LCP is bigger than the seecamp is, so
that may factor into your situation a bit.

-Mike

Probably worth it to have .380 over .32 I would think?

.380 ACP isn't that wonderful but it is way better than .32 is. Of course, something like the LCP is going to hurt more to shoot than the seecamp is. [laugh]

-Mike

I owned a Seecamp .32 and as others have posted its a really well made little gun. I replaced it with a Keltec P3AT and have never looked back. They are not in the same league quality-wise, but the Keltec is not painful to shoot and takes regluar ammo and is .380. Being a cheap POS I really don't care if it gets scuffed up etc.

I think Flotter still has a NIB P3AT up in the classifieds for a good price.

EDIT: Here's the link to the WTS post. Not sure if it's still for sale, it was buried a few pages back.

Last edited:
I think Flotter still has a NIB P3AT up in the classifieds for a good price.

EDIT: Here's the link to the WTS post. Not sure if it's still for sale, it was buried a few pages back.

I just found it too. I had been talking to him about the Micro Desert Eagle he has for sale too. I will send him a PM on the P3AT. Arent the P3AT's $250-$300 new outside MA?

I just found it too. I had been talking to him about the Micro Desert Eagle he has for sale too. I will send him a PM on the P3AT. Arent the P3AT's $250-$300 new outside MA?

Probably. I guess I just view anything under $500 as a decent price for any new handgun in MA.

The NNA32 isn't a bad choice for a pocket gun. While you'll need to find a used one like I did it shoots OK. IMO a little better than the Seacamp that a friend bought and sold quickly.

The .32 ammo is sometimes tough to find but I blasted 50 rounds of FMJ thru it in order to test the reliability of it prior to SD rounds that also fed just fine. I think I paid 350 for mine.

I have a seacamp ,Calf.edition,so small can be put behind a biker belt buckle. CAN ONLY SHOOT 23 DOLLAR S.D. AMMO. not to much recoil.I also carry inside my sock on the ankle. I.M.O. get a S&W 442.

I'm not a big strong guy, but I don't find it hurts significantly to shoot. But then, I only put 5 rounds through it at a time (and only two times). The ammo is expensive, and quite frankly it seems rather pointless to do much practice with it. It is only expected to be used at around 10 feet or so. 10 rounds through it already tell me all that I need to know... if I squeeze trigger at a bad guy nearby and keep the gun's body lined up until it goes pop, then the target is hit.

As colder days approach, I'm switching back to S&W 642 for the winter.

I have a Seecamp .32 it is a perfect gun for its stated purpose. It is well built, 100% reliable if you use the correct ammo, and there is cheap ammo that works in it, I practice with the Winchester White box from Wally World and have yet to have any malfunctions. It does take some getting use to, like clearing it with a mag in. But once you learn the gun I think you would like it. And as stated before, if you do not Im sure you would have no problem finding a buyer. Seecamp is a great company to deal with, they stand behind their product like no other company I know of. If you are still considering one, I would expect to pay $450 plus for a nice used one, or You can get on the waiting list and get one new when they become available.

I've been carrying an LWS-32 for over 2 years as my Summer gun, I use a pocket holster. I agree with all the comments about the quality, it's superb. It really is the current gold standard of pocket pistols.
The manual of arms is bizzare. Probably designed by a lawyer. [frown]
I have a spare mag, but I've learned it true usefullness is as a tool to safely unload the chamber. I load it and stick it in my pocket. It stays loaded until I unload it by shooting it.
I paid $525 for mine NIB from Nick's in Palmer. + $25 for the extra mag.

From what I'm told, the factory to dealer arrangement is a bit odd. If you're a Seecamp dealer, they don't just take and fill orders for you, they put you on a list. When guns become available, they call you.
"Hi, this is Seecamp, we have some guns available right now, would you like to order your limit of five?". The dealer says OK, and when the five guns arrive, they pretty much fly off the shelf. The dealer may get five more in the next month or two. So finding one is mostly a matter of being in the right place at the right time. BTW, I saw one last Sunday @ Marlboro. If you find one under $500 you're doing pretty good. Even used they command near full price because people don't shoot these a lot and they don't tend to get a lot of external abuse. So unless some used one as a street hockey puck, most specimens will be in near new excellent conditon.

Yes, there is lesser expensive ammo that shoots just fine out of these. I use Fiocchi 68 grain SJHP's. I used to get these for $14 a box (50), but I saw some Sunday at Marlboro for $18. Still far cheaper than the "recommended" Hornady and Federal Personal Defense stuff. And those come in 20 or 25 round boxes. The Fiocchi brass is reloadable, and yes I do. Problem is finding all those pesky little .32's.....[smile]

Here's a tip if you do get one to carry.
Don't use that MA/CA compliant trigger blade safety.
Leave it off and never touch it.

Last edited:
Why not to consider Micro Desert Eagle? its same size as a Seecamp but bit heavier and its also 380ACP i have 1 and i love it. there is also another option Sig P238 but more $$$ then Micro Eagle or LCP. I shot some of them - LCP 380 acp, KelTek 380 acp, Seecamp 32 acp, P238 380 acp and Micro Eagle. IMO p238 and Micro Eagle by far more accurate and both well made. P238 bit bigger then Seecamp or Micro Eagle, but it feels and shoots way better then LCP or Kel_tec. its a very much better copy of Colt Mustang. Im sure you can find those FTF. I seen Micro Eagle in Classifieds for sale by Flotter i believe .

Last edited:
Why not to consider Micro Desert Eagle? its same size as a Seecamp but bit heavier and its also 380ACP i have 1 and i love it. there is also another option Sig P238 but more $$$ then Micro Eagle or LCP. I shot some of them - LCP 380 acp, KelTek 380 acp, Seecamp 32 acp, P238 380 acp and Micro Eagle. IMO p238 and Micro Eagle by far more accurate and both well made. P238 bit bigger then Seecamp or Micro Eagle, but it feels and shoots way better then LCP or Kel_tec. its a very much better copy of Colt Mustang. Im sure you can find those FTF. I seen Micro Eagle in Classifieds for sale by Flotter i believe .

I have been talking to Flotter. I am just having a hard time justifying $650 for a pocket gun. What was your overall opinion of the LCP?

I have been talking to Flotter. I am just having a hard time justifying $650 for a pocket gun. What was your overall opinion of the LCP?
LCP is ok shooter but feels cheap and very light but its also less $$$. for me P238 or Micro Eagle is way better shooters and made very well.

Seecamp

I have a Seecamp .32 for sale - lots of extras and some ammo. See classifieds or contact me for info - thanks!

I paid $500 for mine NIB. I carry it everyday. Conceals very well with a good pocket holster. Great size. I highly reccomend it.
I personally feel safer carrying my M&P 40c IWB, but that isn't practical for most day-to-day situations in warmer weather.

My only complaints about the Seecamp would be

1)the trigger (not sure if that breaks in over time), but I am going to looking into a trigger job.

2) It is difficult to find ammo that fits the Seecamp (and it isn't cheap).

My only complaints about the Seecamp would be

1)the trigger (not sure if that breaks in over time), but I am going to looking into a trigger job.

2) It is difficult to find ammo that fits the Seecamp (and it isn't cheap).

1. Personally, I would not bother with a trigger job. It isn't a target gun. And, it can't be cocked, so it is going to be a significant pull.

2. Yup. And only hollow points fit it because they are shorter. FMJ is physically incapable of even fitting in the magazine.

Back
Top Bottom