• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What shotguns for home defense make the best Sound when cocking it

I found most people lose control of their bowels. At least on several occasions I witnessed. Most people really aren't that brave.

Then again, I don't think shotguns make good home defense weapons. Too long, most people don't know how to go through a doorway and hold angles. More than once I backed out of a stash house and let a guy with a pistol lead because I couldn't get through the hoarder mess. Even AR15's are questionable in my opinion for 90+% of homeowners.
Tell me , is my VP9 the perfect gun for my bedroom? Its been protecting my bedroom for 5 years now. p320x for the living room/ TV area My bathroom is the ar15. And now I want a shotgun for the laundry room / hall way area.

I need to have options no matter what day of the week or time of the day

EKv2ZIsXYAA3pch.jpg

Can anyone identify this shotgun used by this anti-american liberal Arnold ?

View: https://youtu.be/E8OsYE8kiqg

Even know he is a communist I like the gun alot!

Its a cut down 1887 lever action Winchester. The Italian cowboy action firearm companies still make repros of them:

Here is one already cut down and extra killy for you:

Tell me , is my VP9 the perfect gun for my bedroom? Its been protecting my bedroom for 5 years now. p320x for the living room/ TV area My bathroom is the ar15. And now I want a shotgun for the laundry room / hall way area.

I need to have options no matter what day of the week or time of the day
I'm saying if you don't have training, or didn't stay current with that training, there will be times where your barrel extends past the cover. I'm not hammering on anyone, I wouldn't want to be clearing my house a year after I retired (especially with a shotgun), my skillset had deteriorated dramatically and I even shoot every so often. I'm saying a shotgun isn't some kind of instant 'w', there's more to it if you have something as unwieldy as a typical shotgun. It's also entirely possible to miss at close range, even with a shotgun, there's not much spread until 15ish yards, maybe 10 yards depending on your choke.

So, if you practice with your pistol a lot, that's my first choice/suggestion. If you work your shotgun, go with it. I know I don't work my shotgun/long gun clearing, maybe I'm just projecting.

If you want a washroom shotty, get you one.

I learned a new word today, oh and the only true choice for the OP is a model 37
Me too and that led me to ferroequinologist, another word I have never heard before but am going to try to work into a conversation as soon as the occasion arises.

My Mossberg 835 makes a really nice racking sound. Also takes "cigar" length shells if that adds to the scare factor. Not great for home defense though as the bbl is a bit long.

Dude. I racked my shotgun 2 years ago and it’s still “racked”. As started above, If you are racking it as you are being invaded, you are too late and a round short.

I always bitch at movies when the fbi/cia/etc rack their slide just before kicking in the door. Sigh.

You mofos are all goin to jail in this state.
The only noise you need is the clack of every electronic lock in the house clacking shut at the same time and below to start blaring through the speakers.

View: https://youtu.be/lq1Owv6S6aQ

You’ll stay out of the pokey and it’ll only cost you the one window the intruders dive out of.

WHAT'S THE BEST REVOLVER WHERE I CAN WHIZ THE CYLINDER AND SNAP SLAM IT CLOSED JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES ? (BAD GUYS WILL PEE THEIR PANTS WHEN THEY HEAR ME DO THIS)

Yup.

I have a loaded shotgun in my safe. It’s an option. But my house guns are my carry guns. One has a weaponlight and there’s a flashlight on each of the nightstands.

The dogs will alert me, and I’ll have concealment when you come through my door. If it’s nighttime, you’re getting a bright light in your eyes and if you have a weapon in your hand you’re getting shot.

The only hesitation will be if my wife’s not in the room, up and about for some reason. But if it’s her, the dogs won’t be alerting.
Following up on self - ‘cause I’m in the garage

Mossberg 500. Five in tube, chamber empty, in ‘cruiser mode’.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
I believe that in train watching parlance it is a person who likes trains and goes to the tracks to watch them. Hobos are wary of foamers because some foamers will snitch on them. But it could be applied to anyone who is perceived as being overly eager about something. A firearm enthusiast could be called a foamer.

This made my day 🤣 😂
Yeah, that video is great I like when he says “ala ka Blam“
Also, when he’s lighting a cigarette with a shotgun between his knees.

I’ve had some children and hikers come by while I’m heavily armed.

They honestly believe im armed to the teeth looking for Them..

Then you get these Twatt waffle that a walk towards gunfire? I don’t understand what the f*** they’re thinking… I really should pull every call ever made to the police over me doing absolutely nothing. Some people scare way too easy and other people are just f***ing crazy.

I’m definitely gonna start using the terms Foamer and groomer more..

Groomers a little easier to work into a conversation. I’ve mastered the use the word Pedo guy.

I believe that in train watching parlance it is a person who likes trains and goes to the tracks to watch them. Hobos are wary of foamers because some foamers will snitch on them. But it could be applied to anyone who is perceived as being overly eager about something. A firearm enthusiast could be called a foamer.
Train people are weird, but that's a good thing. A few years back I bought 300+ VHS tapes for RR enthusiasts - videos of trains rolling by, videos of old films of trains rolling by, and some shot from the POV of the Engineer. I watched the Framingham - Natick Commuter rail one, because local.

Not my thing.

That said, ALL of the tapes sold, some for $25+. I got "thank you" emails, from some of the purchasers.

I did not know the "foamer" term, though.

I think the best sounding home defense gun is a hammerless SxS shotgun. Just a very quiet click as you take the safety off, so quiet you can mask the noise entirely by covering it with your hand. Then "Suprise cockfags!"

In reality, my home defense gun is a well worn Savage 520, with cut down barrel and stock.
Yes it will slam fire - but I don't know why I'd want to do this. I've spent my life firing guns like a normal human being, it would be impossible for me under stress to purposefully hold the trigger down as I pump the gun - plus I can shoot just as fast by letting go of the trigger and firing again like with a modern pump.

The slam fire foamers really confuse me. I don't really call it a feature. Now if I could get my A5 to slam fire, then we're talking.

Back
Top Bottom