• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What shotguns for home defense make the best Sound when cocking it

Trying not to out myself as a complete foamer, I'll say that I know, in general, most things there are to know about most types of railroad locomotive....and I can tell you that MOST movies get their (locomotives; trains in general) sound(s) wrong.

Another area routinely effed up by Hollywood, is clock sounds. Grandfather clocks striking midnight, etc., for example. Nearly always the wrong sound for the clock shown.

I can only imagine that guns' sounds in film(s) are, not dissimilarly, incorrect. [thumbsup]

Have at it, though. I think your request, is cool.

In the heyday of truck related movies, hollywood also used to dub the sound of a Detroit Diesel engine when there was a scene involving a truck. Not so much these days, as trucks have become irrelevant to hollywood.

Trying not to out myself as a complete foamer, I'll say that I know, in general, most things there are to know about most types of railroad locomotive....and I can tell you that MOST movies get their (locomotives; trains in general) sound(s) wrong.

Another area routinely effed up by Hollywood, is clock sounds. Grandfather clocks striking midnight, etc., for example. Nearly always the wrong sound for the clock shown.

I can only imagine that guns' sounds in film(s) are, not dissimilarly, incorrect. [thumbsup]

This reminded me of the Wilhelm scream. It's hilarious how often it was used.

Looking to buy a shotgun that makes one of those badass sounds like in the movies

Never owned a shotgun before, but need a new self defense firearm for my newly remodeled laundry room
Tell me, do you spend a lot of time "racking your shotgun?" In a home defense scenario, if I perceive a threat there's going to be a round in the chamber ASAP, and preferably before the perp is in hearing distance. A perp should only hear me racking after I've fired a shot, at which point I don't have to prove my badassery.

Actually, that's a bit of a lie. While I did consider a shotgun for home defense, it would have been a semi-auto bullpup. I didn't get one because a) it was likely outlawed in Mass, and b) practicing with it would have been either boring or frustrating.

Well I've developed a fondness for the chicom VEPR knockoff I bought last spring.
Has that distinctive AK mettalic rattle and slam.

Ha ! A true foamer !
Can’t remember where I learned that term, but it was years ago and this is the first time seeing it in the wild. 😆

For those asking what a foamer is, my understanding is that it’s a guy that likes to J/O while watching trains go by. I read a story about one guy who would wear a mask and nothing else and beat it as the commuter train went by so everyone could see. 😆😆😆

I think you want one of those pump-action AR15s. Maura approved!

c2g9ODAw

I always wanted one of those Glocks that’re hammer fired so you can cock it back to let them know shits getting serious if you’re interrogating the intruder tied to your kitchen chair. But Glocks are illegal to own so I didn’t get one yet. I called the police station one night to ask what kind that was after seeing it in a show and they said it’s a Glock 7H and hard to get unless you’re already trained on a regular Glock which is very dangerous to do.

You're on the right track but I think you're missing that situations are different. If I'm reaching for a long gun, it's not to check out a bump in the night - it's because I know someone's there and I'm going to wait for them at the top of the stairs. In that scenario I don't think it matters if they know where I am.
No argument from me on that situation.

But you get where I'm coming from with my original post.

WTF is a foamer?

Someone who loves trains so much that he or she "foams at the mouth" when he/she sees a train.

When I worked on the railroad we called them FOMITES, which stands for "freaked out, mentally incompetent train enthusiasts".

In some foamers' defense, though: some are autistic, and trains are their "thing". On seeing a train, the autistic person jumps up and down. He arm-flaps. Basically has over exaggerated reactions to a stimulus. Etc.

I've stopped calling some foamers, foamers.....once I realized that some of them are teens or adults with autism.

But some foamers are legit foamers.....they're just "out of their tits" crazy, and NOT autistic.

Trench gun is the only option.

There are two kinds of gun owners.

1. Those that don't own a trench gun.
2. Those that own a trench gun and f*ck the women of #1.

9f2300b123b35adde8d80b3d14e0d240afaa9b1ce808c863ea12fd41600baf45_1.jpg

SmartSelect_20230211_121355_Reddit.jpg

Eb5qB-UWsAUBTRh.jpg

Thank you... I was seeking a shotgun with a sexy , intimidating "racking" sound... just learned that word... sorry if I misued the word cocking.
But when I was a little kid the sound of a shotgun in music and videos was always super intimidating/ bad ass.... I need to spend my tax refund money quickly

Keep one in the tube. As mentioned many times above.
But if you really need to - get an old worn out Ithaca Model 37 that will slam fire. You get the best of both worlds.....

Same here. My dogs are going to make a huge amount of noise and wake everyone up. My German Shepherd is going to look the most intimidating but it's actually my 45lb. Female rescue that you have to worry about. She's lightning fast and doesn't like strangers. You get by them and I'll be waiting for you. I keep a Remington 1100 that has a Mesa Tactical stock and 18" barrel and a P320X Compact with red dot.
My Sig p320 xFive is my 1st gun and my favorite gun. I think everyone should own one. It is amazing. And for some reason 4 seasons gave me 5 free magazines with purchase which was very cool.. promotion?

Back
Top Bottom