• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What cartridge for firing squad?

The Saudi's do that now - no need to recreate an antique warrior class. How clean the executioners cut depends on how well the condemned's family tip them.
Jihadi John was pretty talented with the knife. If we're looking to the Saudis, might as well look further east to Afghanistan and Pakistan where everybody can just pick up a big rock. Remember kids, "It takes a village"

For some reason this thread makes me sick.
I have watched a movie called "The Real America" as a teenager back in the late seventies, they showed electric chair exeuction filmed with a hidden camera.
1999 had a good movie too... Green Mile, or was it 8 Mile?

zJkF9P.gif

Always wondered why execute with rifles? Wouldn't a 12GA slug or a half dozen of those coming towards your chest do the trick rather quickly and without fail?
Probably because when humans started using firing squads, shotguns were primarily used for bird hunting. Although the smooth bore muskets were basically shotguns.

My guess is it just stuck.

There is also quite a bit of bone, while a slug will most likely crush it, why risk it?

But the Brenneke through the anterior chest wall where the hilar structures and mediastinum lie would precipitate a very quick death.
E7E2634C-A80C-4BB6-9BC1-E785BD89DF86.jpeg

I believe that in crimes where the victim was a decent, regular person a firing squad is too impersonal. Any execution, for that matter, does not pay homage to the real victim, and only sets up the predator to be portrayed as a victim by various pro-crime sources. Thus, I propose, both caliber and delivery:

.40 - God's caliber. Let it strike down the wolves among the flock like lightning from His hand.

3 rounds. point blank range. To the side of the head, so the predator's wasted life cannot be celebrated with an open casket funeral.

The victim's family should be offered the chance to exact retribution. That would demonstrate that while the violent act of the predator may have been impersonal and random, his actions now have personal ramifications. If none of the victim's family or friends want to exact the victim's vengeance, then I will for the price of a tyvek suit and I get to keep the handgun. And I want it televised, because for 3 or 4 minutes before I deliver the shots I will be delivering a synopsis of the victim's life, their accomplishments, their dreams.

Only if the victim was righteous, though. If it was just one gangbanger shooting another gangbanger, the state can round up any crew and use rifles, blow guns, bows and arrows, whatever.

Can't we put the death row people in a squid game of some sort? A hundred participate and one lucky winner gets a chance to live and be pardoned. Give them a choice to join or wait for their day.

The blank round thing has always made me wonder. It's not necessary to actually load a blank; you just have to tell the shooters you are. And then not let them eject the round.
If there were a blank, the person firing it would know it. What the blank does is let anyone on the firing squad tell people that he got the blank and therefore he didn't kill anyone.

If there were a blank, the person firing it would know it. What the blank does is let anyone on the firing squad tell people that he got the blank and therefore he didn't kill anyone.

Yes, I know the reason. But I've always doubted whether it was actually done, and Gary Gilmore's shirt seems to bear that out.

We can't actually let them out, though.

Of course not lol. Best we could do is put em on life no parole or give them the option and dignity to off themselves right then and there. AND give their family/next of kin a winning prize -- a cut of the tax dollars we saved from not housing and feeding the other 99 for years. How much money would be saved?

Maybe this for kicks
1650146333403-gif.604576
Choice is nice.
peace_dividend.gif

Of course not lol. Best we could do is put em on life no parole or give them the option and dignity to off themselves right then and there. AND give their family/next of kin a winning prize -- a cut of the tax dollars we saved from not housing and feeding the other 99 for years. How much money would be saved?
Life means nothing today. Parole board are woke here in Ma.

Oh. I thought you said it was a movie. my bad.

It was a movie, about the "real America", all kind of things that to anyone who wasn't an American or lived in Ameirca back then looked "wow" and big and amazing and everyone on earth wanted to live in America. Similar to "Everything is big in Texas", or "Only in America" (you can do this and that, and see things like that, etc), if you get my drift.
So one of these items was a real live electric chair execution that was filmed in a hidden camera and was added to that movie. I was probably 14 or 15, lived in Israel at the time.

Edit: It was called "This is America" This Is America (1977) - IMDb

There are other options. I’m a big believer in deterrents.

Well... but there's that pesky historical problem that horrific public executions (impalement, crucifixion, drawing and quartering) weren't very good deterrents. People kept on committing all the crimes.

Capital-punishment-as-a-deterrent is an argument that makes perfect sense on paper, but the history just doesn't back it up.

Back
Top Bottom