What can I do in MA?

And how do you call her bluff?

Do you have a volunteer that will rub it on her face that he/she just registered a new AR lower?

Will you dare her to search the database and go after people, possibly screwing someone's life?
Just have a gay purple haired lgbt activist do it. And tell dimples she was at Pulse and Boom!!!! All of our problems solved!

What if you want SBR length but no tax stamp, no 10-month wait, no registry, and no muzzle velocity compromise?

Get an X95. [pot]

Great. We got preban, pre- Healey, Pre-Biden and now proper pre-ban. Talk about mucking up the prosecution’s case.😂😂😂
Maybe we can simplify it to "pre-ban" and "pre-proper pre-ban".

The question is ... what would fall under "proper pre-ban", is it pre-healey and pre-Biden?

In a 300blk
This is NES (North East Skinflints). Can we get it in .22LR?

This is NES (North East Skinflints). Can we get it in .22LR?
.22lr is not skinflinty enough.

If I lived in MA I would just pay the $$ for a bona-fide pre ban AR (pre 1994 or whatever that date is).

Or I would go mini 14 or mini 30 - as much flak as those rifles get, a good one is reliable, accurate enough for all purposes beyond getting down below 2.5 MOA punching paper, and can be bought new in MA without any additional bullshit. They are good handy carbines and have aftermarket support as well as outstanding support from Ruger. You may be able to find pre ban 20 or 30 round mags too.

What if you want SBR length but no tax stamp, no 10-month wait, no registry, and no muzzle velocity compromise?

Get an X95. [pot]
God and Eugene Stoner got together and put my nose against my charging handle.

IWI put it over the ejection port.

Maybe I'm a b*tch, but I'm all set on that.

God and Eugene Stoner got together and put my nose against my charging handle.

IWI put it over the ejection port.

Maybe I'm a b*tch, but I'm all set on that.

You're either a lefty (in which case you can change ejection side) or you have the offhand port leaking gas (which you can seal tighter than OEM).

Wouldn't say either makes you a b*tch, but however you want to identify yourself. [laugh]

You're either a lefty (in which case you can change ejection side) or you have the offhand port leaking gas (which you can seal tighter than OEM).

Wouldn't say either makes you a b*tch, but however you want to identify yourself. [laugh]
Heavily right handed. Could be leakage, all I know is that the couple Tavors I've run put more exhaust in my face than the suppressed AR that I got to play with. (The way my monkey arms interact with the manual of arms is purely a training/comfort question, so relatively unimportant)

Of course, I have access to milling tools, and am happy to build on 80s, so really this is all about me sharing (likely unfounded) opinions for my own amusement ;)

Heavily right handed. Could be leakage, all I know is that the couple Tavors I've run put more exhaust in my face than the suppressed AR that I got to play with. (The way my monkey arms interact with the manual of arms is purely a training/comfort question, so relatively unimportant)

Of course, I have access to milling tools, and am happy to build on 80s, so really this is all about me sharing (likely unfounded) opinions for my own amusement ;)

Same. I'm not even addressing OP's question, just stirring the pot.

I don't need to defend the X95 as an AR alternative. It speaks for itself.

Same. I'm not even addressing OP's question, just stirring the pot.

I don't need to defend the X95 as an AR alternative. It speaks for itself.

The X95 isn't an AR alternative. It's something else entirely. Not "bad" or anything like that, but different.

I don't consider dropping 2 grand on an X95 to be an AR alternative.

ETA: This isn't even a cost thing actually, its about the type of gun someone wants. If I wanted a bullpup I would not hesitate to recommend one. Ones brain has to be "there" to
want that, if it's not, it's not. It's not any different than telling an AK, AR, or FAL fanboi that his gun sucks (good luck with that).

The X95 isn't an AR alternative. It's something else entirely. Not "bad" or anything like that, but different.

I don't consider dropping 2 grand on an X95 to be an AR alternative.

Fair enough. "Alternative" is a broad term. I'm referring to them using the same mags, ammo, sling, optic, and every other mounted accessory, along with being interchangeable for many applications, mil and civ.

But no, it's not directly answering OP's question, so not necessarily an alternative in the sense he meant.

and a product that you will build from an 80s - it will be better than that?
define "better."

If I put the same furniture and trigger on it, it'll be functionally identical. The Aero lowers are great for what they are, but they're just billet lowers. It's handy that they have flared magwells and integrated trigger guards, but so does (first hit on a quick search) this one:
1609348940609.png

define "better."

If I put the same furniture and trigger on it, it'll be functionally identical. The Aero lowers are great for what they are, but they're just billet lowers. It's handy that they have flared magwells and integrated trigger guards, but so does (first hit on a quick search) this one:
View attachment 429179

NES Aero Whore here checking in, no, they're not billet, they're actually forged, they just look (and work) damned good.

But yes, a careful, skilled guy (or lady) can make a decent product out of an 80. I've seen some great builds before. They don't all have to be roughly hewn shit out of a skinflint 80% andersen clone lower. I'm too lazy to do that shit so I just buy mine. I'm not "detail oriented" when it comes to stuff like that. Unless some guy says "hey just put the laser here and clamp it tightly and press the GO button" I would end up f***ing something like that up badly.

define "better."
View attachment 429179
'better' - 'proper'. :) dunno, it is way too much work for me, and, i think, for most.
i would rather just pay $559 and wouldn't have to deal with all that. :(

You miss the 90's, but don't recognize the joke? Don't make me bust out some JNCO pants to wear while I explain.

Oh man, I had some JNCO jeans. Frayed them just right so they didn't get caught in my rollerblades at skating rink. Tried my hand at Pogs for a time, too. You guys are bringing back memories.

'better' - 'proper'. :) dunno, it is way too much work for me, and, i think, for most.
i would rather just pay $559 and wouldn't have to deal with all that. :(

You can, and honestly on an M5 you're better off just buying it stripped so you can figure out what stock you want, etc... not everyone wants a PRS.

Back
Top Bottom