What are YOU doing to voice your views?

My little girl is in Kindergarten. As weird as it sounds, she gets homework at least 3 nights a week. Her homework has a bunch of trace the lines, and find the like items and such. It also has things on learning letters. As her homework for the letters, she gets a blank sheet of paper and has to cut out pictures and words that contain the letter of the week. In school, she will present her homework to the teacher and show her what picture and word has the letter of the week in it. The instructions to parents are to use magazines and news papers to find these letters.

In my house we get a couple of magazines each month. Of these magazines, only 1 is non gun related. On top of that, the only "news paper" type literature that is delivered is "The Outdoor Message". So, as the weeks go by, I have been helping cut up my already read issues of "American Rifleman" "Concealed Carry Magazine" and the only non firearm related magazine "Better Homes and Gardens"

Up to this point the pictures have been pretty subtle.... Like the Flash light with the NRA logo, Federal ammo adds with just the words......

This weeks letter is "G" Along with the "XD Gear" logo, and the "Child Guard" logo's in one of my back issues of "Concealed Carry Magazine" was the cutest picture that was pointed out to me as having 2 "G" words in it....

Tell me what you think...

Homework.jpg

I'm expecting a letter home with this one.. I can't wait! [smile]

Although I used to do things like that back when I was in elementary school (1990-1998) that was in a less totalitarian state (Maryland) and times have changed drastically in a few short years. I used to sketch military arms in class when doodling and made guns prominent in my art classes. Toy guns in school? No problem.

Now I feel old, because I'm almost 100% sure you'll get a call from your daughter's school.

We had it happen when Alan was in high school. She thought Alan was going to be the next Columbine type shooter.[thinking] She was really out there. She didn't like us.[laugh]

Funny, my son's 4th grade teacher told him that her husband is a member of the revolver club, that I am on the board of director's of, which is located right across the street from the school! We are located in Northampton!

Adam-

This is great.

I can hear the WHAAAAAAAMBULANCE! coming from the administration
there already. Keep up the good work! [grin]

-Mike

Well, well, well...

Looks like the daughter's teacher isn't the typical liberal sheep we would all come to think...

Take a look at what we got returned to us!

Homework002.jpg

Notice the BIG red STAR signifying a job well done! Not the normal "check +" but a STAR!

Here's today's.... I just HAD to put a Hornady add in!

Homework001.jpg

Great work!

Oh just thought I'd post this pic of the same girl with the really nice Pink AR Carbine
morrigan_michaela0677.jpg

Don't you just want to hug them and not let go? [smile]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom