Weymouth Sports CLub threatening to have LTCs revoked for people shooting right now

I agree the guy is a stupid c***, however, it's worth noting that a suitability revocation/suspension would not make you a prohibited person., although to a die hard ma**h*** that has no intention of leaving, it's almost the same thing.

-Mike

Thanks, so edited.

The leadership at every club is doing what it thinks is best to survive. Not all are faced with the same circumstances - some are highly regarded by the town and recognized as a community assets; others are barely tolerated and the local officials would jump at the chance to mis-interpret a regulation to shut them down.

Threatening to throw your members directly into to the teeth of the wolves though? IMHO that's beyond the pale and unacceptable by any standard. There's no excuse here that could ever make that "okay" at least not around the offense of "violating a rona ban".

There was likely 10 other ways for him to deal with the problem but this is pretty much the absolute worst thing they could have done.

-Mike

Reading the OP again. Playing devil's advocate. Could this be that he was approached by the PD and this is his way of saving face and the club from trouble? He has no intention of turning anyone in?

I was thinking the same thing....I’ve had to correct groups of employees for things mandated by my bosses before, but I would usually spread around my intentions first verbally so my employees knew my email or meeting was overreaction BS from above.

Envelope please.

And the Worst Gun Club Administrator of the Decade Award goes to.........

Dick Striano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's give Dick a big round of applause shall we.

Dick, I say this in all honesty and complete seriousness...It wasn't even close!

When did you think you had it in the bag Dick?

Well, that last sentence, about ratting my fellow gun owners out to the police, I had a good feeling about that one. I felt it cinched the deal, just the way it flowed from my fingers, you know.

Dick Striano ladies and gentleman!!!!!

Honest question, where do you shoot?
Centralville Sportsmen's Club in Dracut.

I just went on their website for the first time in 3 weeks and they updated the opening page...
Only change is they added the text in bold:

NOTICE
DUE TO CONCERNS WITH COVID-19 THE OUTDOOR RANGES ARE CLOSED, EXCEPT FOR POLICE DEPARTMENT TRAINING, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Done.

Reading the OP again. Playing devil's advocate. Could this be that he was approached by the PD and this is his way of saving face and the club from trouble? He has no intention of turning anyone in?

From what I’ve read, Hopkinton was offered a MSP delivered cease and desist order. Perhaps this was a similar situation? This was probably the time to make the trip to the club to disable the fobs and locks if it was going to be a problem rather than threatening members for entering what equates to an open club. What do they say about an ounce of prevention? At least then he could actually be pissed that people had broken in. But if the fobs work? 🤷‍♂️

Clubs need to push back. We did at Shirley and the ranges are open.

This guy is a disgrace to gun owners. If someone runs against him, I'll join just to vote.

It's one thing to do what you think is best to protect the Club (however weak that may be) and it's even within their rights to revoke memberships - Their club, their rules.

But to intentionally ruin someone's life is another matter. What a piece of shit.

Centralville Sportsmen's Club in Dracut.

I just went on their website for the first time in 3 weeks and they updated the opening page...
Only change is they added the text in bold:

NOTICE
DUE TO CONCERNS WITH COVID-19 THE OUTDOOR RANGES ARE CLOSED, EXCEPT FOR POLICE DEPARTMENT TRAINING, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

I suppose that’s not helping WRT your current stance on clubs then, huh? Sigh 😔

I was thinking the same thing....I’ve had to correct groups of employees for things mandated by my bosses before, but I would usually spread around my intentions first verbally so my employees knew my email or meeting was overreaction BS from above.
From what I’ve read, Hopkinton was offered a MSP delivered cease and desist order. Perhaps this was a similar situation? This was probably the time to make the trip to the club to disable the fobs and locks if it was going to be a problem rather than threatening members for entering what equates to an open club. What do they say about an ounce of prevention? At least then he could actually be pissed that people had broken in. But if the fobs work? 🤷‍♂️

I would just hate to think someone is this much of a twat-waddle to have thought of this on his own. It is in the book of 'how not to run a gun club'.

I’m a member and I have to say that I like the Club, they have sent multiple messages that the Club is closed and have a notice posted on the front door if I remember right. Nice facility and the range is almost always empty.

It is a little Fuddy, got some grief for using my AMT Automag III since .30 carbine is a “Rifle” caliber, told them that out of a 6” pistol it has the same energy as a .357 magnum... they didn’t listen, said it was to noisy... it is loud. The reason I think they didn’t disable the key fobs is many members have a locker there and I think they wanted us to still have access if we needed it.

Threatening to throw your members directly into to the teeth of the wolves though?
I was not referring to that, but to the blanket condemnation of any club that has made that the decision to reopen is not at a point on their risk/reward curve that they wish to occupy. My point was that the risk/reward analysis can differ greatly between clubs.

Threatening to ask for LTC revocation reflects more on the individual professing such foolery than the club. I wonder what the members will have to say at election time?

--------------------------------------------

As to the plea to step forward and take your beating...

Chances are these members did not get the memo because they missed email and/or did not keep up to date on the club website. Why then is it logical to conclude they will seen an online ultimatum?

If you're an official of the club, and you're responsible for its operation - then you get to make decisions to close ranges. You've been empowered to make those decisions by being elected. If you're a member - and you think it's a bad decision - contact the person making the decision and discuss it. And if you're still unhappy, then run for the office or put up a candidate that's more aligned with your thought processes.

BUT - threatening to turn people over to the police so they can have their LTC revoked? f*** you.

Back
Top Bottom