• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Well Thought Piece that Dispels Most Anti Arguments

Well thought out, and also long winded.[shocked] Have to cover all the anti nonsense. I'll admit, I didn't read it all, but can tell it's the kind of writing that will sway opinions.

From someone who has done everything and seen everything with guns. (His words.)

...Boo Evil Gun Culture!

Really? Because I hate to break it to you, but when nearly six hundred people get murdered a year in beautiful Gun Free Chicago, that’s not my people doing the shooting.

The gun culture is all around you, well obviously except for those of you reading this in elite liberal urban city centers where you’ve extinguished your gun culture. They are your friends, relatives, and coworkers. The biggest reason gun control has become increasingly difficult to pass over the last decade is because more and more people have turned to CCW, and as that has become more common, it has removed much of the stigma. Now everybody outside of elite urban liberal city centers knows somebody that carries a gun. The gun culture is simply regular America, and is made up of people who think their lives and their families lives are more important than the life of anyone who tries to victimize them.

The gun culture is who protects our country. Sure, there are plenty of soldiers and cops who are issued a gun and who use it as part of their job who could care less. However, the people who build the guns, really understand the guns, actually enjoy using the guns, and usually end up being picked to teach everybody else how to use the guns are the gun culture.

The media and the left would absolutely love to end the gun culture in America, because then they could finally pass all the laws they wanted.
http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/12/20/an-opinion-on-gun-control/

Might be good to pass on to the uninformed.

Just read the whole thing - really covers the gun control thing in its entirety and would be great for passing along. Thanks.

BerkshireHunter you beat me out. I just finished reading the entire article was about to post the link. Something told me I should do a search before I posted, and BLAM there it was.

Do you believe it the search engine actually worked this time... No DUPE here.[laugh]
Long winded but GREAT article.

Thanks for posting...

Correia rocks. Smart and eloquent. Read the rest of his blog. Read his infamous H&K post. Read his books. Gunnies will NOT be disappointed.

I took myself off FB last night because I was truly tired of trying to go head to head with some of my liberal "friends". They are SO DAMNED ignorant that I simply couldn't stand it any longer and cashed in my account....after reading this, I may reopen my account (I guess I have 14 days for it to be permanently gone), post a link to this guys page and then ask my liberal ignorant friends to read it with a truly open mind (that's their mantra right...open your mind and all that?) and then we can have a truly open discourse, whether gun control is good or bad...unfortunately I've found that as soon as you bring up the word gun rights, their oh so open mind snaps shut like a steel trap....should be interesting.

Just finished it and it was a better article than I could have ever imagined. Great stuff, very reassuring to know there are probably about 800,000 supposedly rabid gun nuts... more than there are police in America. And if there was ever any serious confiscation talk, many of the cops would side with the 2nd ammendment.

He had a great little update on the post:
EDIT: I have been stunned by the level of response on this post. I wrote it so that it could be shared, but I had no idea just how much it would be, so thank you. I have received hundreds of comments, emails, and I don’t even know how many Twitter and Facebook messages. It is heartening that this made many people think about the issues in a new way.

I will try to respond and answer questions as I can, but there are a LOT of them, so I will probably take the most common ones and do another blog post when I have the chance. If your comment doesn’t appear immediately, that is because I have to approve first time posters manually to make sure they are not spambots.

If I had realized 30,000 people would read this today I would have proof read it. When you find a typo or something that seems a bit rough, I wrote this 10k word essay from 9pm to 1am and posted it the next day at lunch. :)

For those of you who haven’t been here before, I make my living as a novelist. If you click any of the Amazon or B&N links off to the right side it will take you to one of my books. Thank you for your support, encouragement, and honest debate.

EDIT2 After two straight days of responding to as many debate posts in the comments as possible, I’m fried, and hanging it up for Christmas. I’ll still be approving posts periodically, but that’s it for me as far as arguing (and it has rapidly turned into the same thing over and over again) This post has been read 150,000 times now, gotten national media attention, and been reposted all over the internet. Awesome. I was sincerely hoping people would share it, so thank you very much. Have a Merry Christmas.

And now to print a hard copy for safekeeping.

I took myself off FB last night because I was truly tired of trying to go head to head with some of my liberal "friends". They are SO DAMNED ignorant that I simply couldn't stand it any longer and cashed in my account....after reading this, I may reopen my account (I guess I have 14 days for it to be permanently gone), post a link to this guys page and then ask my liberal ignorant friends to read it with a truly open mind (that's their mantra right...open your mind and all that?) and then we can have a truly open discourse, whether gun control is good or bad...unfortunately I've found that as soon as you bring up the word gun rights, their oh so open mind snaps shut like a steel trap....should be interesting.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink."

Some people are just stuck in their ways. They can't "lose face" by being wrong. We all know people like that.

So, an article presenting logical arguments and facts is going to work on "those people"? ("those people" being the ones that believe everything the MSM tells them). Probably have way better luck getting blood from a turnip.

timbo: neo-Liberals, open minded? (Neo-liberals because a true classic liberal would at least make an attempt at being open minded). "There's nothing more intolerant than a tolerant liberal). Start talking about requiring permits to speak in public.

Back
Top Bottom