"We don't need no stinkin' license." Tales from Lawrence.

A woman who is accused of shooting several rounds at the car of another woman and ramming the rear of her vehicle early Monday morning will be spending a few more days in jail. Maria Torres-Rivera, 37, of 125 West St., was arrested at 3:22 a.m. and charged with discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling, possession of a firearm without a firearm identification card, carrying a loaded firearm without a license, malicious damage to a motor vehicle and assault with a dangerous weapon. The incident occurred at around 2 a.m. near 78 Holly St., police said. Torres-Rivera allegedly pointed a handgun at the other woman, according to a report filed by Officer Eric Cerullo. Torres-Rivera originally faced a detention hearing in Lawrence District Court on Friday, but Judge Lynn Rooney continued the proceeding until Tuesday. The defendant remains held without bail.
http://www.eagletribune.com/news/me...cle_04302e91-9814-5506-bcfa-fb3c1684bc40.html

A woman who is accused of shooting several rounds at the car of another woman and ramming the rear of her vehicle early Monday morning will be spending a few more days in jail. Maria Torres-Rivera, 37, of 125 West St., was arrested at 3:22 a.m. and charged with discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling, possession of a firearm without a firearm identification card, carrying a loaded firearm without a license, malicious damage to a motor vehicle and assault with a dangerous weapon. The incident occurred at around 2 a.m. near 78 Holly St., police said. Torres-Rivera allegedly pointed a handgun at the other woman, according to a report filed by Officer Eric Cerullo. Torres-Rivera originally faced a detention hearing in Lawrence District Court on Friday, but Judge Lynn Rooney continued the proceeding until Tuesday. The defendant remains held without bail.
http://www.eagletribune.com/news/me...cle_04302e91-9814-5506-bcfa-fb3c1684bc40.html

So if the DA were to prosecute her just on the firearms charges, how much time would she be looking at?

Though something tells me she will be out and about shortly, once again to "follow the strictest firearms laws in the country..."

All those BS firearms charges, yet she shot at another person. Why not charge her with what actually matters: attempted murder.

Like I said, she will be out and about flipping off the Po Po and everyone else...Attempted murder charge?? C'mon man... That would mean the DAs and Courts would have to work...(against their supportive constituency in the Kommonwealth that keeps them at the trough)

All those BS firearms charges, yet she shot at another person. Why not charge her with what actually matters: attempted murder.

No mention of her immigration status but that may play a role.
Judges in Mass are loathe to give illegals a sentence of over a year because it would make them subject to deportation.
The DA's know this too and don't want to charge them with the higher crimes for the same reason.

Check out this news story here:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/09/i...-364-days-one-short-of-automatic-deportation/

This is what all liberals want now, isn't it!
No accountability for illegals.

If they had deported him the doctors would be still alive!

So much fail in the system and liberal thinking![smile]

This is what all liberals want now, isn't it!
No accountability for illegals.

If they had deported him the doctors would be still alive!

So much fail in the system and liberal thinking![smile]

Not necessarily, because not much is stopping them from coming back again after being deported.

The illegal immigrant killer of Kate Steinle was deported five times previously and kept returning.
I heard a news story a few weeks ago about another criminal illegal alien who was deported 16 times in 17 years.
Round them up, kick them out and they come right back again, it's a revolving door.
But the libs say that a secure border is racist and a wall won't do anything to stop this.

Not necessarily, because not much is stopping them from coming back again after being deported.

The illegal immigrant killer of Kate Steinle was deported five times previously and kept returning.
I heard a news story a few weeks ago about another criminal illegal alien who was deported 16 times in 17 years.
Round them up, kick them out and they come right back again, it's a revolving door.
But the libs say that a secure border is racist and a wall won't do anything to stop this.

So then we make a law called "US first" that states if a person enters or is in the US illegally that they would be executed when caught!
Problem solved![smile]

Lunenburg had some action recently:

https://m.facebook.com/250766365045...7712.250766365045084/1305488546239522/?type=3

The comments are a reminder of why we need to take people to the range.

"Sandi Logan: How does a man from a community of less than 10,000 have access to these high powered automatic assault weapons? This is madness."

I've given up on people like this, no amount of range time will save them. To be that passionate about something you can't even bother spending 10 minutes to research makes you a lost cause in life.

As a side note, it never made sense to me why it mattered how much cash someone has on them. They love mentioning how much cash said druggie had...who cares? It shouldn't be linked to intent. He has a certain amount of drugs on him, that is all that matters.

Last edited:
No mention of her immigration status but that may play a role.
Judges in Mass are loathe to give illegals a sentence of over a year because it would make them subject to deportation.
The DA's know this too and don't want to charge them with the higher crimes for the same reason.

Check out this news story here:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/09/i...-364-days-one-short-of-automatic-deportation/

1. DailyCaller? really? you'd be hard pressed to find a more biased source.
2. One data point a trend does not make.

1. DailyCaller? really? you'd be hard pressed to find a more biased source.

Do you really expect the Globe or the NYT to report such a story ???
They're biased too, just for the other side, they're bias by what they don't report, hide, cover up or lie about.

2. One data point a trend does not make.

This was only one story of this ongoing practice by members of our judicial system, there are plenty more out there, but you won't hear about it from CNN or the rest of the MSM.

Do you really expect the Globe or the NYT to report such a story ???
They're biased too, just for the other side, they're bias by what they don't report, hide, cover up or lie about.

This was only one story of this ongoing practice by members of our judicial system, there are plenty more out there, but you won't hear about it from CNN or the rest of the MSM.

No but bias from one side isn't a counter to bias from the other.

Like I said, she will be out and about flipping off the Po Po and everyone else...Attempted murder charge?? C'mon man... That would mean the DAs and Courts would have to work...(against their supportive constituency in the Kommonwealth that keeps them at the trough)

^-- This right here. Probably probation or something minor. In any case after she gets out, if she even goes behind bars, she isn't going to care about whether or not she can apply for an LTC, she will be able to still get her hands on a firearm quite easily by using the criminal firearm purchase loophole. You know buying a gun in a dark alley from the trunk of a car.

Hey ! Nobody wants this poor misguided woman to spent years in jail. [crying] We have to be more understanding, right ? Maybe she didn't know that you needed a license to carry firearms, or maybe she didn't know it was illegal to shoot at someone. Maybe we should take up a collection for her, what do you think ?

As for the tile of the thread; "We don't need no stinkin' License"....I do not disagree. We shouldn't need no stinkin' license to exercise a constitutional right.

They would hate me on a jury for this....If the law is unconstitutional I cannot vote guilty on those charges.

As for the 500 feet thing....I do think it's dangerous to discharge a firearm close to where people live but if nobody was hurt then that should be a civil penalty. Maybe something like disturbing the peace because the guns are usually loud.

I don't get the link between and FID and a handgun so that one is gone. Unless they meant LTC which I am against having to have anyway.

"Carrying a loaded firearm without a license" Wow, FID and LTC in the same charges for a handgun. Why not charge her with illegal possession of an explosive or at least illegal possession of ammunition and all their component....you need a license for that here too...

I'll give them the malicious damage to a motor vehicle and attempted assault if the other woman wasn't hurt or injured. That's about it.

What I'm saying is only one side will report that kind of news.
Just because the MSM is largely ignoring it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
So if you want to hear about it, your sources will be limited.

Try the WSJ. It won't report a fraction of the news, but what it does, it strives to do as accurately and unbiased as possible.

As far as this case, I know several things:

1. Because she isn't a gun-owner, no gun charges will lead to prison time. It's just a fact. Gun laws are for law-abiding gun owners to be tripped up with.

2. Attempted murder??? C'mon. Why would you charge her with that? She's got enough problems that the nanny-state clearly hasn't solved. Putting her up for 30 years is the last thing the State wants b/c it admits it's failure. Nah. Misdemeanor traffic violation and she won't even pay that.

Another:
http://www.eagletribune.com/news/me...cle_f5e3ccaf-96db-5483-871e-4b9c8c3a5d1f.html
[FONT=&amp]LAWRENCE -- A variety of area complaints led to the arrest of two alleged drug dealers and seizure of stolen firearms, heroin and crack cocaine at an Inman Street apartment complex Friday night, police said.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]A stolen motorcycle was also found in pieces in the middle of the dining room in the apartment, according to a police report.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Roberto Santana, 21, and Juan Carlos Avalo-Santana, 32, who both live at 4 Inman St., unit 4, were both arrested and charged on a lengthy list of criminal offenses; including three counts of illegal possession of a firearm, trafficking more than 100 grams of heroin, illegal possession of crack cocaine, improper storage of a firearm, illegal possession of ammunition (237 rounds) and receiving a stolen motor vehicle, according to a police report.[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom