We always talk joke about cops shooting dogs...

How come Mail carriers arent running around shooting dogs. Oh thats right they have pepper spray and common sense. 90% of these cops are running around thinking theyre members of SEAL team 6. Retards. If they want to do something useful go round up the 50 or 60 illegal aliens hanging out in the HomeDepot parking lots waiting to take jobs away from Americans.

How come Mail carriers arent running around shooting dogs. Oh thats right they have pepper spray and common sense. 90% of these cops are running around thinking theyre members of SEAL team 6. Retards. If they want to do something useful go round up the 50 or 60 illegal aliens hanging out in the HomeDepot parking lots waiting to take jobs away from Americans.

+1

Full perimeter camera systems (with IR) is really all anyone has these days to verify their claim, and or, the truth. Not to mention allow for some peace of mind. Make the investment, spend the money (I recommend Axis cameras, no I don't work for them, they're just top notch though). It's almost more important to have a camera recording, then a loaded gun these days. Just my .02 worthless cents.

GL to your friends in the situation.

This entire paragraph is full of BS and falsities, obviously written by someone who has apparently little knowledge of what police work actually entails, how quickly calls in a domestic setting can sour, and the capabilities of a dog in a protectant mode of its property.

I'm not someone who's out for all cops, being in the national guard, I have plenty of friends that are cops. Even thought about becoming one at a point in my life. The dog wasn't charging the cop. The cop also fired at the dog while he was running in the opposite direction back towards the house. All happening in front of more than a small handful of witnesses. But the cops story now is the dog "latched onto the officers arm" but required no visit to a hospital.

But no I'm sure it's just a bunch of over emotional witnesses... A cop wouldn't do something like lie to cover their own ass.

Full perimeter camera systems (with IR) is really all anyone has these days to verify their claim, and or, the truth. Not to mention allow for some peace of mind. Make the investment, spend the money (I recommend Axis cameras, no I don't work for them, they're just top notch though). It's almost more important to have a camera recording, then a loaded gun these days. Just my .02 worthless cents.

GL to your friends in the situation.

My cameras have more than paid for themselves. My guns... they keep costing money. And twice in the last month they have recorded hilarious antics. Neighbor crashing a motorcycle at high speed and my girlfriend somehow blowing apart her front axle on a retaining wall.

Have any of you dealt with wibraham cops? They are complete and total ****ing dickheads. They seriously rank right up there amongst the worst. I've had them try and bust my balls over my T/A being too loud. They're also the same guys you see pulling every car over as they leave the bars. They think they own the town and the actions the op describes fits the attitude and mentality of those pricks. I highly doubt you will find a lot of love for them out there. Departments like west Springfield should give them lessons on how not to be cock suckers.

My cameras have more than paid for themselves. My guns... they keep costing money. And twice in the last month they have recorded hilarious antics. Neighbor crashing a motorcycle at high speed and my girlfriend somehow blowing apart her front axle on a retaining wall.

LOL, yeah, worth every penny. You posting on YouTube?

Have any of you dealt with wibraham cops? They are complete and total ****ing dickheads. They seriously rank right up there amongst the worst. I've had them try and bust my balls over my T/A being too loud. They're also the same guys you see pulling every car over as they leave the bars. They think they own the town and the actions the op describes fits the attitude and mentality of those pricks. I highly doubt you will find a lot of love for them out there. Departments like west Springfield should give them lessons on how not to be cock suckers.

To be honest, I've always wondered why this wasn't done on a regular basis.

I'm not someone who's out for all cops, being in the national guard, I have plenty of friends that are cops. Even thought about becoming one at a point in my life. The dog wasn't charging the cop. The cop also fired at the dog while he was running in the opposite direction back towards the house. All happening in front of more than a small handful of witnesses. But the cops story now is the dog "latched onto the officers arm" but required no visit to a hospital.

But no I'm sure it's just a bunch of over emotional witnesses... A cop wouldn't do something like lie to cover their own ass.

If you weren't there, how do you know? There's a reason we don't allow hearsay in courts of law...

If the cop lies and you have witnesses to that end, by all means follow through. I'd also agree that if the dog reportedly bit the officer but he didn't go to the hospital for at least a rabies check up, something is amiss.

Nonetheless, I've been to a number of incidents in my career where emotions of a witness has totally clouded a witnesses reasonable perceptions--including members of my own family--of what happened and how they relay those observations to other persons, particularly when they were agreived in some way. It doesn't matter how well you know someone and how credible you think they are, when a party goes through this type of loss, trust no one and trust nothing they say. If you're relaying this story to us here all on the say so of an upset party alone and you haven't done any additional research on the incident here, like getting a copy of the police report--all while calling the cops cocksuckers and the like--then you're doing yourself a disservice.

I'm not saying there wasn't lies on the part of the police or a lack of justification for shooting the dog. What I am saying is I see plenty of allegations but no proof other than second hand accounts from you.

Unfortunately, in Massachusetts (and every other state as far as I know) dogs are considered property. The owners can sue for the value of the property. They may be able to simply place a claim for the value with the police department or the city/town.

They can also file a criminal complaint for animal abuse, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling.

Courts have not recognized a claim for emotional distress due to the killing of an animal.
It won't be long before animals get civil rights and hunting will be out, if courts keep on their course!

Wibraham pd definitley hires some real "I am the lawr" wannabe winners.

I sat on a jury case years ago of a guy arrested for oui. He blew a .07 and passed all field sobriety tests except one of whichhe had proof of being medically treated for spine issues and not being able to perform it because of that. Yet they still arrested.

Not guily. Go **** yourself DA and wilbraham pd

What I am saying is I see plenty of allegations but no proof other than second hand accounts from you.

And that proof would be good for what? Oh yea a little vacation on the taxpayers. Then a union play for the back pay when he is deemed innocent by more corrupted thugs. Where do you people get the balls to spew this shit?

Wibraham pd definitley hires some real "I am the lawr" wannabe winners.

I sat on a jury case years ago of a guy arrested for oui. He blew a .07 and passed all field sobriety tests except one of whichhe had proof of being medically treated for spine issues and not being able to perform it because of that. Yet they still arrested.

Not guily. Go **** yourself DA and wilbraham pd

Thank you for proving my point. There are certain towns that just seem to breed the shit. Wilbraham is right at the top of that list. Southampton is another that is right behind them. Hell even here in Westfield there are a ton of "rot". I have a few buddies on the force and even they say "every job has a**h***s. We have a whole bunch of them here." I have a huge issue with super troopers who think they own and run the town.

Then you go to places like West Springfield where unless you really are an ass or do something wrong the guys for the most part are stand up role models that most depts should take lessons from. I understand they have a job to do and it's not the most pleasant at times but at the same time the ones that tend to have that super trooper mentality tend to be the kids who got picked on in school and have a score to settle with society. They are the last people who should be in a position of authority. Sadly there's always those depts that attract these guys like flies on shit, and Wilbraham is one of them.

Also, look at what they did to that guy they arrested for dui. He got arrested, lost his license, spent a ton on legal fees defending himself against what? A rogue wilbraham cop. All for the court to say oops they screwed up you're free to go with no penalty. He was already penalized severely for doing nothing wrong.

Last edited:
So to clarify, the domestic call wasn't a biggie. My friend was throwing out her boy friend... Boy friend was taking his stuff out of the back of the house and leaving through the gate from the back yard. The police showed up and proceeded down the side of the house because that's where all the foot traffic was. As the cop walked into the backyard their dog who was running around INSIDE THEIR BACK YARD started barking and running up to the cop. The female owner of the dog came out to bring the dog inside. Without a warning, the cop drew his weapon and shot the dog in the neck. The wounded dog proceeded to TURN AROUND AND RUN in the opposite direction towards the back door of the house, where there were NO OFFICERS. The officer then fired AGAIN, killing the dog. Following that, the cop took off his badge and name tape and wouldn't give his info to anyone. Sent another cop over to handle the situation.

I understand a barking dog moving towards you can be intimidating. But there are almost NO situations where that would be life threatening to a fully grown adult male. Why would you walk into the yard KNOWING there is a dog out there? For a non-emergency call. There we're no arrests at the house, the rest of the "domestic call" went over without issue. No one was being assaulted, the cops were called to "keep the peace" while the boyfriend moved his stuff out of the house. The whole thing sounds like the cop is just a cock sucker. I hope they can figure out how to make them pay :-\

By taking his badge and name tape off, indicates that he must have realized that he f*cked up! If thats the case, then he should be held accountable.

Also, do you know who called the cops? And what was actually reported to dispatch over the phone? A domestic can be nothing or something really f*cked up. They are treated as emergency calls and I agree that they are unless the call came thru dispatch as a verbal argument. Also, Keeping the Peace calls should be requested in person at the PD, and not thru the phone with dispatch. And if the call came in as a request for a few cops to stand by while her boyfriend was moving his stuff out, then there was no need for the cop to go thru the backyard.

I have to disagree with your statement of dogs not being able to inflict life threatening injuries to an adult male. Certain breeds of working dogs can inflict plenty of damage.

If the dog was shot as you described, then I hope your friend sues the sh*t out of the PD.

I cant stand it when dogs get shot whether its by cops or civillians, especially Pit Bulls. My Pit Bull is on the couch right now, waiting for me to make eye contact with her, because by doing so she knows its play time. [laugh]

By taking his badge and name tape off, indicates that he must have realized that he f*cked up! If thats the case, then he should be held accountable.
Perhaps he was concerned about being adjudged guilty in the court of public opinion before an investigation was able to be conducted, as this thread would aptly demonstrate.

My PD has had a couple of controversial use of force instances that were deemed justified after complete investigations by independent authories outside the police department. While I disagree often with my administration, one thing I do agree with is impounding the identies of those subject to the investigation until it is complete.

Perhaps he was concerned about being adjudged guilty in the court of public opinion before an investigation was able to be conducted, as this thread would aptly demonstrate.

My PD has had a couple of controversial use of force instances that were deemed justified after complete investigations by independent authories outside the police department. While I disagree often with my administration, one thing I do agree with is impounding the identies of those subject to the investigation until it is complete.
I understand about withholding the officer's name until the investigation is complete. I also understand that some people who might have a negative interaction with this officer might rush to make judgement of him. I apologize for not clarifying earlier.

However, the Use of Deadly Force applies to another person and not an animal. Most departments if not all, have similar or an identical policy regarding the Use of Deadly Force. This is why I don't see the reason for taking his name tag or badge off. However, the shooting occurred during an "domestic" or "keep the peace" call. Therefore, I'm not sure how his department is going to handle this incident.

This is the reason why I hate 2nd hand information, not to mention that it is only from one side.

Why not OC spray it, or even tase it if they have them

ETA: I already know WHY, just saying, he could have if he was scared of the little barking dog.

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for a department to not release the name of an officer during an investigation. If they want to withhold it from the press or the general public, that's a policy choice for them to make.

However, police acting in their official capacity, especially in uniform, do not get to clain anonymity while enforcing laws (or claiming to do so). They have to be identifiable to those with whom they're interacting, or we create a system ripe for false charges.

I don't know about the law where you work, but in NH it's mandatory for police in uniform to wear name tags.

Why not OC spray it, or even tase it if they have them

And if someone comes at you with a knife, why not just shoot them in the leg?

Because it might not work, that's why.

And some of you insanely underestimate the power of a dog.

To reiterate, I'm not defending the police actions. But I am saying some if you guys are getting way too fired up over second hand info by the most biased of parties.

Back
Top Bottom