• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S.2572: How should we hold cops accountable?

How should MA gun owners address this?

• Lobby Clubs to prevent PDs from using facilities

• No longer buy from FFLs that sell “LEO only”

• Both A and B

• Other

• Take no action / “not their fault”

Results are only viewable after voting.
First off....MCOPA is a group of Police Chiefs.....not rank and file. Chiefs only should be dissenting against the groups position. Yes....the silence is deafening on that for sure.

Rank and file are not going to publicly say much about it because its career suicide not only going against your boss possibly (if they are an anti shithead) ...but the bosses Association.

I expect to hear nothing from rank and file. Nor should we. Silently....for sure my buddies are 100% against this shit.
Are they against it enough to ignore and easy collar?
No, then they support this shit.

The only problem I have with your response is that I have NOT heard ANY dissent by the so-called rank-and-file officer's AGAINST MCOPA's position. The silence is deafening. They are as big a problem as the politician's that dreamed up this mess and the MCOPA turds that have turned their backs on normal citizens. By turning their backs collectively against normal citizens, they have effectively declared war on those very same citizens.
I understand and empathize the with sentiment. I just don't like broad generalizations about people. I will admit hearing my small town police chief specifically support the bill was a bit of a gut punch. Like my heel digging was equal parts futility and naivete.

You all may well be right. Both ends of the state are the same, just with differing scales.

I'm so f-ing tired of the trolling. I'm going to start banning both accounts in the future when the little pillow biting ma**h***s try to stir the pot being edgy.
Gun free Mass is the ultimate goal of the left. Gun free US to be honest.

Imagine backing the blue at this point. They were behind us in the initial house bill but the senate bill exempts then now so I say: f*** em.

banning PDs from using facilities might harm the facilities more than the PDs. How much money do these gun ranges make off of local PDs. I wouldn't want to see any gun ranges closed over a political statement. Gun Shops, though, that is where something should be done. Stop with the selling or transferring to a protected class BS.

"Oh too bad officer, we cant sell you this new 17 round magazine for your off duty firearm. We have plenty of these 10 rounders though, they are good enough for the everyday citizen, they are good enough for you"

Maybe internally as a group of induviduals you feel that way...totally understand.

Externally to the populace..... MCOPA holds some weight, they are the face of the public safety response.........if they didnt.....the media wouldn't parade them out there for every gun bill that is pushed up our ass here.

Which basically means even more that MCOPA probably does not speak for the rank and file.
Of course they don't speak for the rank and file.
They kinda do.

The Kings men will be enforcing the Kings laws so the pols want them happy.
You're delusional

They do purport to speak for the rank and file, at least in the eyes of the lazy public. What else matters here?

At the end of the day the chiefs are in charge of their town’s PD. They give the marching orders. When they say they support something it gives the impression, right or wrong, that the department supports it.

banning PDs from using facilities might harm the facilities more than the PDs. How much money do these gun ranges make off of local PDs. I wouldn't want to see any gun ranges closed over a political statement. Gun Shops, though, that is where something should be done. Stop with the selling or transferring to a protected class BS.

"Oh too bad officer, we cant sell you this new 17 round magazine for your off duty firearm. We have plenty of these 10 rounders though, they are good enough for the everyday citizen, they are good enough for you"
At this point, it's a decision on principle, not money.

That should have been done long ago even with service weapons. Nope can't sell you a 17 rounder. Use tens for your duty weapon. Sorry....no standard cap mags allowed here.

Our dealers would rather eat their own than all get together and help.

Of course they don't speak for the rank and file.

You're delusional
Unfortunately you’re the delusional one here. Why did they change their tune this time around? Because they go their exception carve out.

When/if push comes to shove PD are largely going to do what they’re told to maintain their jobs and pensions.

That should have been done long ago even with service weapons. Nope can't sell you a 17 rounder. Use tens for your duty weapon. Sorry....no standard cap mags allowed here.

Our dealers would rather eat their own than all get together and help.
Most cops in this state aren't going to care about any of that crap. Guns are an appliance to them.

Delusional or I don't wear blue tinted glasses?

I wish I was delusional, but current and past events align with my "delusions".
He’s apparently an x-cop. So if you’ve ever wondered why the most abrasive, belligerent, antagonistic poster on NES is also a poor communicator and demands unearned respect from everyone anyway, now you know.

Ps. Your plate is about to be run. Hope the Ducati is inspected and registered!

Last edited:
Most cops in this state aren't going to care about any of that crap. Guns are an appliance to them.
Yet they seem to love carve outs.......go figure.

The reality is it would be a token move....but a move towards all dealers getting on the same page and unifying, which would be productive.

In reality it wouldn't matter squat....because the departments would just go to another state and get them or some other supplier. The fun would come in when other FFL's out of state that won't sell standard mags to MA shut them down as well.

I know.....a great version of utopia....never happen...but if they had to run around and feel our pain.......it would be fantastic.

Last edited:
Delusional or I don't wear blue tinted glasses?

I wish I was delusional, but current and past events align with my "delusions".
So moron Massachusetts voters elect democrats year after year after year. Almost every single elected politician in your state is a Democrat and it's been that way for decades. So obviously the majority of your citizens want it that way.
Then the moron democrats enact moronic gun laws, just like they said they would when they were campaigning. But the fault doesn't lie with the moronic Massachusetts voters, it's your police officers fault because an organization that represents their chiefs couldn't stop it?
As far as I'm concerned Mass got exactly what Mass voted for. You want to blame someone, look in the mirror.

Liberal MA voters are the most racist people on Earth. You think they vote for gun control because they care about children or what Bubba does on the weekends? They vote for gun control because they think deep down it will stop black and brown people from hurting them.

I doubt these things get enough attention from town government, or anywhere for that matter. Outside of NES today is just another day.
Not so, this was the lead story on my local NBC affiliate this morning............ I also personally know a selectman in my town that is not happy.

So moron Massachusetts voters elect democrats year after year after year. Almost every single elected politician in your state is a Democrat and it's been that way for decades. So obviously the majority of your citizens want it that way.
Then the moron democrats enact moronic gun laws, just like they said they would when they were campaigning. But the fault doesn't lie with the moronic Massachusetts voters, it's your police officers fault because an organization that represents their chiefs couldn't stop it?
As far as I'm concerned Mass got exactly what Mass voted for. You want to blame someone, look in the mirror.
It’s exactly because we have no voice as Massachusetts voters that we should hold the people who do have influence accountable for their silence.

Not one chief, PD, or officer spoke out. Not one. You all danced like little monkeys for your masters once you got your exemption. And if the only retribution MA gun owners have for that is making sure you don’t get special treatment, so be it.

Back
Top Bottom