MA Gun Grab 2024: Senate bill S.2572

Everyone has a choice, Joeldiaz. I have been saying for over 10 years - "shit I wish I lived in NH" - and I took a 33% paycut to move out of MA to NH when I could. But I understand some people are not willing to do that. Shit, I'm still looking at my current paycheck and shaking my head. Lol. But I am something now in NH that I would never be in MA...a home owner. 😊

Honestly, my posts are facetious as f*** and I really hope the best for everyone there in MA.
Lot of stuff kept me in MA, it can be hard to leave a place you have roots in. A big one for me was my kids. Even with the divorce I didn't want to move any further than I was from them. Eventually it all came together, I was between jobs, the kids were older, and the MA legislature passed their slimy pay increase (the last straw). And I too took a pay cut, a solid 20%. But it was worth it.

Like clockwork, a post like this arises about once a day.

The "move to NH!" posts are, indeed, annoying. But so are the responses. It'd be great if we could all just agree, mutually, to stop talking about moving out of Massachusetts. EVERYONE here with over 100 posts has heard it before and it's not helping, either way.

I get it. MA sucks. I don't need to be told that, nor do I need to be gloated at by people who've moved. But those people don't need to be told about family obligations or roots, nor about "wanting to fight." Neither side is changing its mind. It'd be best if we'd all just stop, but in the meantime? I've just learned to ignore the move-to-NH crowd. They're not me, they don't make decisions for me, and I don't need to justify my choices to them.
Yes, some of us are stuck here and can't simply move to another state. All the free-state people do not seem to understand this. Look at Massachusetts, the birthplace of freedom. This is a prime example of what can happen in any state, especially if people actually "move to a free state" and vote the way they do here.

To me, judging by the number of 2A people who show up at rallies and such, it is pathetic compared to the 600,000 gun owners in the state.

Strength is in numbers and unity. If we really wanted to make a difference, I believe we actually could.

Sadly, a lot of what I see on here is people asking about grandfathered stuff. That is the biggest worry. What about the 2A for our kids? What will be left of the Second Amendment for them? People died for our freedom. Don't forget what freedom was once worth..EVERYTHING!!!!

Yes, some of us are stuck here and can't simply move to another state. All the free-state people do not seem to understand this. Look at Massachusetts, the birthplace of freedom. This is a prime example of what can happen in any state, especially if people actually "move to a free state" and vote the way they do here.

To me, judging by the number of 2A people who show up at rallies and such, it is pathetic compared to the 600,000 gun owners in the state.

Strength is in numbers and unity. If we really wanted to make a difference, I believe we actually could.

Sadly, a lot of what I see on here is people asking about grandfathered stuff. That is the biggest worry. What about the 2A for our kids? What will be left of the Second Amendment for them? People died for our freedom. Don't forget what freedom was once worth..EVERYTHING!!!!
Some people care about grandfathering because that might be the best we can get out of this. Until SCOTUS takes up the case. But not that is not looking good either once Biden gets his second term.

It's a forgone conclusion that there will not be any guns for out kids.

Reagan said we are one generation away from losing our freedom.

He was right.

NH might be the last holdout in New England though but a few extra years.

"Some people care about grandfathering because that might be the best we can get out of this. Until SCOTUS takes up the case. But not that is not looking good either once Biden gets his second term."

The best you are hoping for is just unacceptable to me. If they want us to be criminals so bad, then so be it, right? I don't see any enforcement of whatever steaming pile they are going to come up with anyway. So I wouldn't be worried about grandfathered weapons at all.

If we get four more years of Biden, we won't have a country left.

What did he do to take away our 2A freedoms?

In November 1993, the proposed legislation passed the U.S. Senate. The bill's author, Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and other advocates said that it was a weakened version of the original proposal.[13] In May 1994, former presidents Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and Ronald Reagan, wrote to the U.S. House of Representatives in support of banning "semi-automatic assault guns." They cited a 1993 CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll that found 77 per cent of Americans supported a ban on the manufacture, sale, and possession of such weapons.[14]

What did he do to take away our 2A freedoms?

In 1986 he signed into law the original and actual assault weapons ban: “The Firearm Owners Protection Act”.

That wasn’t enough for him. After he was done being pres, he continued to push for bans on semi auto firearms that look similar to assault weapons.

Dude was the OG of banning the exact firearms the 2A was intended to protect civilian ownership of.

In 1986 he signed into law the original and actual assault weapons ban: “The Firearm Owners Protection Act”.

That wasn’t enough for him. After he was done being pres, he continued to push for bans on semi auto firearms that look similar to assault weapons.

Dude was the OG of banning the exact firearms the 2A was intended to protect civilian ownership of.
You know what we gained with that though, right? The passage of that law that is.

What did we gain?
The reopening of interstate sales of long guns on a limited basis, legalization of ammunition shipments through the USPS, removal of the requirement for record keeping on sales of non-armor piercing ammo, and federal protection of transportation of firearms through states where possession of those firearms would otherwise be illegal. NRA had been working on this bill for years and another win was it was mandated ATF compliance inspections can be done no more than once per year. When it passed it was viewed as a big win ironically enough as things really were that bad in the early/mid 80’s. The machine gun ban was a poison pill for sure but the law also prohibited the ATF from centralizing and computerizing sales records…

The reopening of interstate sales of long guns on a limited basis, legalization of ammunition shipments through the USPS, removal of the requirement for record keeping on sales of non-armor piercing ammo, and federal protection of transportation of firearms through states where possession of those firearms would otherwise be illegal. NRA had been working on this bill for years and another win was it was mandated ATF compliance inspections can be done no more than once per year. When it passed it was viewed as a big win ironically enough as things really were that bad in the early/mid 80’s. The machine gun ban was a poison pill for sure but the law also prohibited the ATF from centralizing and computerizing sales records…

Thats cute they gave back things like the right to take firearms across states where that particular thing was banned in exchange for universally banning the exact very thing that the 2A protects. So I guess it doesn’t matter anymore if certain states banned them. You can’t own them anyway. So feel free to travel from state to state now without having to worry if the thing we’ve banned you from having in the entire country is banned in some state your traveling to. Neat.

It sounds like you think this bill was a net positive. I think it’s the biggest attack on the 2A and most massive government overreach with regard to 2A that any president has signed into law. At least the Clinton ban had a sunset clause.

Thats cute they gave back things like the right to take firearms across states where that particular thing was banned in exchange for universally banning the exact very thing that the 2A protects. So I guess it doesn’t matter anymore if certain states banned them. You can’t own them anyway. So feel free to travel from state to state now without having to worry if the thing we’ve banned you from having in the entire country is banned in some state your traveling to. Neat.

It sounds like you think this bill was a net positive. I think it’s the biggest attack on the 2A and most massive government overreach with regard to 2A that any president has signed into law. At least the Clinton ban had a sunset clause.
“Cute”? No. It was more than “cute”. What I think is cute is how you used the word “banned” or some derivative of that five times in your first paragraph. Hell, I think you should run for office to get things sorted. You’d have my vote and I’d even donate a few $$$ to your campaign.

“Cute”? No. It was more than “cute”. What I think is cute is how you used the word “banned” or some derivative of that five times in your first paragraph. Hell, I think you should run for office to get things sorted. You’d have my vote and I’d even donate a few $$$ to your campaign.

I really don’t know what you’re getting at. But okay, I’ll let the thread get back on topic. I enjoyed talking with you.

Well, sure, but you're the one talking about what a marvelous and fantastic law it was. Too bad your government can violate it with impunity? Or maybe it's just not that worthwhile of a law?

You choose.
Marvelous? Fantastic? No. Those are your words - not mine. I said we did get some benefits from it (which are undeniable), that the new machine gun banning was a poison pill (which it was) and that it was considered a major victory by the NRA and its supporters at the time (also undeniable). To call Reagan the greatest gun grabbing president is just silly. That would be FDR followed by Bush 1 and Clinton in that order.

Marvelous? Fantastic? No. Those are your words - not mine. I said we did get some benefits from it (which are undeniable), that the new machine gun banning was a poison pill (which it was) and that it was considered a major victory by the NRA and its supporters at the time (also undeniable). To call Reagan the greatest gun grabbing president is just silly. That would be FDR followed by Bush 1 and Clinton in that order.
Biden’s sneaking up, may be working on being 1st.

Friday April 19th is the anniversary of the beginning of the American Revolution.

Lexington and Concord.

Most history books don't mention but the British troops were to seize guns and gunpowder from the colonists.

That's right.

The war was started by a gun grab.

I bet they will announce this 2024 gun grab then.

The irony will not be lost on the tyrants at the state house.

Keep your powder dry.

Talking with the owner of a LGS. He is friendly with the local DA. Notice went out to the DA's that it's coming soon, no date but to expect to see it soon.
still wanting a B&T APC223 pistol in 8.7" config to SBR but not sure its gonna happen before this shit goes down.

Back
Top Bottom