• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Gun Grab 2024: Senate bill S.2572

Holy smoke. They're banning CNC mills.

313 (2) It shall be unlawful for any person in the commonwealth to purchase or receive a 3-
314 dimensional printer or computer numerical control milling machine that has the primary or
315 intended function of manufacturing or assembling firearms, rifles, shotguns or completed or
316 unfinished frame or receivers, unless that person has a valid license to manufacture firearms;
317 provided however, that there shall be a presumption that a 3-dimensional printer or computer
318 numerical control milling machine has the primary or intended function of manufacturing or
319 assembling firearms, rifles, shotguns or completed or unfinished frame or receivers, if the printer
320 or machine is marketed or sold in a manner that: (i) advertises that it may be used to manufacture
321 or assemble firearms, rifles, shotguns or completed or unfinished frame or receivers; or(ii)
322 foreseeably promotes the printer or machine’s use in manufacturing or assembling such
323 weapons, regardless of whether the printer or machine is otherwise described or classified as
324 having other functions or as a general-purpose printer or machine.

Am I reading this correctly that the Senate accepted the House's bill in its entirety, and is simply amending it?

This part doesn't seem terrible:
698 SECTION 36. The department of public health, in consultation with the executive office
699 of public safety and security, shall develop a pilot program to promote equity in access to gun
700 safety awareness and firearm licensing education through community-based outreach. In
701 implementing the pilot program, the department shall prioritize communities that experience
702 barriers to accessing culturally competent and geographically accessible gun safety and firearm
703 licensing educational resources. The department shall submit a report not later than December
704 31, 2025 to the joint committee on ways and means, the joint committee on public health and the
705 joint committee on racial equity, civil rights and inclusion on the implementation of the pilot
706 program.

You should read it ... If you buy it with the intent of manufacturing a gun or the seller sells it with that intention.

They are basically going after the ghost gunner.

How can they ever prove you bought something with the intention of manufacturing guns?

This is another stupid law that might be used once in a while, like if they catch you with drugs or have to search you for whatever reason, now they add a charge for a printer and in this State you have to prove you are not guilty. Although if the person shuts the f*ck up, and lets the lawyer do ALL the talking, I doubt the state could prove the intention was to manufacture guns.

So, stop taking pics and texting people about the guns you are building.

Basically, they are wasting paper in the hopes they might be able to get someone, sometime.

As written, this is the Ghost Gunner, but not all printers/mills, as most are not "marketed or sold in a manner that: (i) advertises that it may be used to manufacture [...] firearms" etc.

note: this isn't forgiving the mess, but it is lessening our need to run around like Chicken Little.

As written, this is the Ghost Gunner, but not all printers/mills, as most are not "marketed or sold in a manner that: (i) advertises that it may be used to manufacture [...] firearms" etc.

note: this isn't forgiving the mess, but it is lessening our need to run around like Chicken Little.
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom