MA Gun Grab 2024: Senate bill S.2572

1st Circus is also highly likely to delay proceedings and issuing a ruling as long as possible to prevent appeals.

The only hope is John Robert’s ego getting hurt enough by inferior courts taking a steamy dump on his ‘legacy’ to be sufficiently motivated to bench slap the shit out of said f***ery.

Their strategy to slow sales isn't working, everyone I know is buying, lots.
But it IS working, for the long term. Just think about it, little by little they chip away, once you can’t sell face to face you will be stuck with what you bought or lose value having to sell by FFL or give it away etc. When they put stores out of business, where are you going to buy new stuff? We need to be ahead of them. This change the country is going thru is what Obama was really talking about, thankfully we got a 4 year reprieve so we need to wake people up from their comas.

But it IS working, for the long term. Just think about it, little by little they chip away, once you can’t sell face to face you will be stuck with what you bought or lose value having to sell by FFL or give it away etc. When they put stores out of business, where are you going to buy new stuff? We need to be ahead of them. This change the country is going thru is what Obama was really talking about, thankfully we got a 4 year reprieve so we need to wake people up from their comas.

Sure, but the "long term" is what many of us are banking on: an eventual SCOTUS smackdown and reaffirmation of a more permissive RKBA. The medium-term rockiness will not last.

I am concerned about gun shops being able to weather the storm. But overall, you're either an optimist or a pessimist about the longer term. Bruen has made me optimistic, but again, my definition of "long term" is my son's lifetime, and he's only ten. I know others are more impatient.

I will admit that the long-term future looks bleak... but then again, the long-term future has almost always looked bleak. The DimocRAT cancer on America continues to grow and someday I suspect the 2nd Amendment will go away entirely... probably not in my short remaining lifetime, but some here will likely live to see that day.

But I am more optimistic than most here about the intermediate term future, which I will define as after the current 2024 batch of new laws and new rules take effect. Things will certainly be more restrictive in several ways, but I also believe it will motivate even more potential gunowners to become gunowners.

Perhaps but surely they WILL grandfather pre Healey.

This law might end up being just like Healey's edict.

Made to scare us and slow sales BUT NOBODY EVER CHARGED!!!
Listen, I have that same letter from Klein that says if you only bought the lower and can prove it on or before her bullshit, you are in her graces. But I find it hard to believe she wouldn’t allow all guns bought before enactment of her recent bullshit to be “Grandfathered”. Did you bring your prices back into orbit on your f***ing lowers ?

Last edited:
Massachusettians, come to the dark (right) side.
View attachment 872647
NH? If so, it’s about to turn just as bad as MA after your next gubernatorial election. Sununu isn’t running for reelection, let’s see how good your gun laws are once you no longer have a red governor to veto the gun control bills passed by the democrat controlled legislature.

NH? If so, it’s about to turn just as bad as MA after your next gubernatorial election. Sununu isn’t running for reelection, let’s see how good your gun laws are once you no longer have a red governor to veto the gun control bills passed by the democrat controlled legislature.
Care to elaborate on your prediction that the NH governor will be a dem?. Ayotte (red candidate) is leading, and bigly, in almost every poll. NH is turning into the Texas of the north (which is a great thing). Are you just coping because you choose to live in MA?

I know a great many teachers. I want no more than about 2% of them teaching freshmen anything about caustic chemicals or hatchets, still less firearms.

Here's what would happen. The schools, resentful that the state is mandating a course into which all freshmen must be scheduled, would do nothing until DESE developed a curriculum for said course. This would take DESE AT LEAST two years, more likely four. Then, the schools would grudgingly implement the course by requiring each department to give up one section of their required classes to this course. This would have the effect of increasing class sizes in every other class, so parents and teachers would both freak out. Even worse, it would be an unfunded mandate: the chemicals and axes and saws used in the course would have to come out of the general budget, meaning another year or two during which the schools are using outdated textbooks.

Meanwhile, the teacher nominated to teach this course would most likely be the least important, competent, and/or experienced in each department. They would be given a hasty two-day PD on how to teach it, then they'd be turned loose to offer instruction... on a subject they have no interest or experience in. There's a good chance most of those teachers are personally hostile to the material, too. And since they're inexperienced, they're unlikely to teach it well; students will disengage and go on their betting apps, and the teachers will lack the classroom management to stop them. Nor will they be able to express why the kids should pay attention, since they themselves don't know why.

In my school, there are about three teachers I can think of off the top of my head who'd be even remotely qualified to teach a course like this in a way that might engage their students enough that they actually learn something. I am one of them, and I want nothing to do with teaching a required course to freshmen.

Devil's in the details. It's not a bad idea, but anyone who's spent time in schools knows this is not a great way to implement gun safety education. Not in Massachusetts, anyway.
In another word, there’s a 99.9% chance that any new government mandate/program/regulation would cause unintended consequences or waste money, or worse, and most certainly diminish personal freedom. Hence they should really just STFU and sit there, and it’s cheaper for society just pay legislators to do nothing.

It’s been one of my long term wish, that there ought to be a law, that barring wars and acts of God, 80% of any new government program must be funded by taking money from existing programs, a proposition 2.5 for general appropriation if you will.

Care to elaborate on your prediction that the NH governor will be a dem?. Ayotte (red candidate) is leading, and bigly, in almost every poll. NH is turning into the Texas of the north (which is a great thing). Are you just coping because you choose to live in MA?
Polls don’t mean shit. Ayotte’s position on abortion is way too extreme to win her the election in NH. It’s the same exact thing that cost republicans the midterms and prevented the red wave from happening when Roe v. Wade was overturned.

So your prediction is that The Legislature and Governor will all turn Dem?
I don't think so, god I hope not.

Polls don’t mean shit. Ayotte’s position on abortion is way too extreme to win her the election in NH. It’s the same exact thing that cost republicans the midterms and prevented the red wave from happening when Roe v. Wade was overturned.
They really act like Donald Trump took away abortions. It is a states issue never should’ve been federal any power. The constitution doesn’t give the federal government is reserved for the states. It’s not a f***ing hard concept.

If you want an abortion, you didn’t have to go to California, Massachusetts, or any other liberal shit hole. Or God forbid abstinence, birth control, or wear a condom or I guess you could just eat pie instead.

Women still afraid of choice… the sky is not falling. Sure if you’re poor it’s more difficult, but there’s advocacy groups shit like that. Help you get through it.

They mind the fact when you make an illegal industry, they’ll be illegal abortions are they less safe? probably.. if prostitution is the oldest profession, abortion is the second.

Besides the fact, the Internet and the cartel, the smuggling and all the birth control and abortion drugs you want

Sure, it’s not gonna be convenient. But at least the taxpayers don’t have to pay for it. You pay for your own choices in this life.

They really act like Donald Trump took away abortions. It is a states issue never should’ve been federal any power. The constitution doesn’t give the federal government is reserved for the states. It’s not a f***ing hard concept.

If you want an abortion, you didn’t have to go to California, Massachusetts, or any other liberal shit hole. Or God forbid abstinence, birth control, or wear a condom or I guess you could just eat pie instead.

Women still afraid of choice… the sky is not falling. Sure if you’re poor it’s more difficult, but there’s advocacy groups shit like that. Help you get through it.

They mind the fact when you make an illegal industry, they’ll be illegal abortions are they less safe? probably.. if prostitution is the oldest profession, abortion is the second.

Besides the fact, the Internet and the cartel, the smuggling and all the birth control and abortion drugs you want

Sure, it’s not gonna be convenient. But at least the taxpayers don’t have to pay for it. You pay for your own choices in this life.
All you needed to say was in your last sentence.

All you needed to say was in your last sentence.
Will actually be the taxpayers from another state. So I sent them for Massachusetts. I’ll be paying for other peoples abortions, but thank God I’m surrounded by a shield wall of abortion states. I’m sure the feds are subsidizing it and surrounding local ones for the states that are having stricter rules. Either way we’re paying for it. It’s a waste of time.

So your prediction is that The Legislature and Governor will all turn Dem?
I don't think so, god I hope not.
It’s certainly a strong possibility. Sununu vetoed several gun control bills that were passed by the Legislature during his tenure as governor. He was the only thing stopping NH from becoming MA 2.0.

I'll reiterate my opinion here....

There will be grandfathering and the politicians know it's required. As such, they are providing very little public insight on to how the bill is progressing so as to avoid the public from stocking up ahead of the passing of the law. When Healey did her press conference it gave a same day notice window . Luckily I grabbed what I could that day back in 2016. Very similar playbook this time around.

Don't fall for their tricks. Buy now.

Back
Top Bottom