Wayland Home Invasion

1) Make sure every adult in the house has an LTC. Even if they never carry, make sure they have one.

2) Keep doors locked.

3) ALWAYS have an armament nearby.

4) ALWAYS to #3

5) It would probably take sheer luck to take down an intruder who is high on meth, bath salts, or any upper. These people have superhuman strength seeing as to how it's pretty much all adrenaline when they're high and irrational.

6) Call 911 when you've stopped the threat.

my dogs would have torn that guy up. its still a good idea to keep doors locked and have a knife or firearm on your person. i'm guilty of leaving the back door unlocked but if someone is dumb enough to ignore the beware of dogs signs on both gates to the back yard then they will be running into two 90lbs dogs who are extemely protective of my daughter and wife.

5) It would probably take sheer luck to take down an intruder who is high on meth, bath salts, or any upper. These people have superhuman strength seeing as to how it's pretty much all adrenaline when they're high and irrational.
You raise an interesting point. A handgun (at least one chambered in a popular caliber) might not do much do stop some whacko on drugs. A rifle round or a shotgun slug would though. Something I need to consider...

There are lots of good ideas by the prior posters. I have one other that I"m sure to be bashed for, but here it is anyway. My wife bought me a AK-47 replica that looks real as hell, even close up. The barrel is sealed, and painted red, just on the end, on the inside. I took a magic marker and blacked it over.
I leave it standing in plain sight, by my bedroom door. I am not suggesting using a replica in place of a real gun, but if the other person is unarmed, then a replica gun, may be an option.

My doors are ALWAYS locked, so if someone were to break in, I know they brought something they can use as a weapon.

My first line of defense is my dog, she'll buy me enough time to arm myself. Honestly, she's the last dog I would want to run into.

Last edited:
There are lots of good ideas by the prior posters. I have one other that I"m sure to be bashed for, but here it is anyway. My wife bought me a AK-47 replica that looks real as hell, even close up. The barrel is sealed, and painted red, just on the end, on the inside. I took a magic marker and blacked it over.
I leave it standing in plain sight, by my bedroom door. I am not suggesting using a replica in place of a real gun, but if the other person is unarmed, then a replica gun, may be an option.
What if the perp is unfazed? Are you going to hit him over the head with the replica or something?

Yep,
Lock you doors, cower in place,
shiver in general,
be generally frightened.

That's a way to live. That, aligns 100% with the communist agenda BTW, having a citizenry scared off their own shadows and trusting no one.

When we all finally live behind locked doors with those funny pipholes, that, will be a great victory.

On a personal note, a firearm will not be my go to weapon if someone ever breaks in and my kids are at home.

I'll go full retard and post "Owner armed and ready to defend this dwelling" with a text that glows at night, before I'll start locking and double checking every single lock and door in my house.

Call me crazy
Our doors are not always locked, I don't lock my cars in the driveway, garage is never locked.

Neither do I leave a plethora of lights on all night in the driveway, (which shines right into my bedroom, thank you, a-hole neighbors), come right in, the darkness welcomes you :)

I'm not going to teach my kids to live in fear either. My kids will not be alone at home anyways, until they will be big enough to defend themselves.

Lifetime of watching your own shadow seems like no life at all, to me. If I need to lock a car that's parked 20 feet from where I'm sitting, you are calling this a “normal” life ?

Last edited:
I work from my house. My doors are always locked. I carry everyday and I have a couple of others hidden as backups just in case. I sleep with two. Also at my disposal is an aluminum softball bat and an axe handle as well as a smaller handle from a shovel someone left behind. About the size of a billy club. There is something under something or behind something all over my house. I am the only one with access to the guns....but I have help in other ways from the family if the need arises.

"Chance favors the prepared mind" Under Siege 2: The Dark Territory. I know the character who said it gets killed, but the theory is sound...What movie is that from? lol

"There's nothing like a nice piece of Hickory" Watch the whole thing or from 2:30 on.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyjrUAimzZg

Depends on....(drumroll) what state you live in. I mean if I lived in NH and some maggot came into my home with any evil intent and he was unarmed?
He'd be "armed" (knife/ax/whatever I'd wiped any fingerprints off of) by the time the police - and the coroner - arrive...
In some states I'd just drag the corpse out to the six foot ditch I'd just dug, toss the dead scumball into it and re-fill it with lye and dirt and go back to watching whatever movie the a*shole interrupted.

In Arizona I'd just save the $$ that the lye costs and the sweat I'd spend digging the hole and just let the buzzards chew away on the f*cker's flesh until there were just bones left (easier and lighter to dispose of)

In Massachusetts, where I'm so thrilled to be residing?... I'd call my lawyer as I'm packing up all my weapons (and those owned by everyone else in the home) to surrender them to the Chief of Police for confiscation and transport to a bonded warehouse, then check my bank accounts to see how I'll be able to afford the three years of anguish, grand jury, criminal trial, civil trial, loss of income, health care expenses from the stress, moving costs since we lost our home in the process and have to move to a cheap 3 bedroom apartment just over the state line into Salem NH or wherever we can afford to after I've "ruined our lives" by popping the scumbag with my G22.... (the one that's sitting in the safe at the warehouse, that is.. )

Last edited:
Yep,
Lock you doors, cower in place,
shiver in general,
be generally frightened.

That's a way to live. That, aligns 100% with the communist agenda BTW, having a citizenry scared off their own shadows and trusting no one.

When we all finally live behind locked doors with those funny pipholes, that, will be a great victory.

On a personal note, a firearm will not be my go to weapon if someone ever breaks in and my kids are at home.

I'll go full retard and post "Owner armed and ready to defend this dwelling" with a text that glows at night, before I'll start locking and double checking every single lock and door in my house.

Call me crazy
Our doors are not always locked, I don't lock my cars in the driveway, garage is never locked.

Neither do I leave a plethora of lights on all night in the driveway, (which shines right into my bedroom, thank you, a-hole neighbors), come right in, the darkness welcomes you :)

I'm not going to teach my kids to live in fear either. My kids will not be alone at home anyways, until they will be big enough to defend themselves.

Lifetime of watching your own shadow seems like no life at all, to me. If I need to lock a car that's parked 20 feet from where I'm sitting, you are calling this a “normal” life ?
I view locking doors as a simple precaution that might prevent me having to use deadly force on an intruder. I know for a fact that a crackhead tried to open one of my windows once, realized that it was locked, and walked off. Had it been unlocked, he might have climbed in and next thing you know I'm the one getting dragged through court. Better safe than sorry.

I live 100 yards off the main road. If you're coming up the driveway on foot/bike/car, my dogs and pigmy hens will out you long before you get halfway. There's no "oops, wrong house" coming to mine. You are either there because:

1. you know me,
2. you're trying to sell me crap, or
3. you're up to no good.

in which case:

1. Did you bring beer and grilling foods?
2. Go away. If I want something, I'll go get it.
3. You will be met with hostility, starting with my dogs.

But I will never lock my doors and live in a world of perpetual paranoia. Then again, I don't live in Lowell, or an equivalent sh!thole.

So in the summer with nice weather you close and lock all of your doors and windows when you are home? Seriously?

As for using a replica, do you really think a drugged out degenerate breaking in is going to identify that and even hesitate? You seem to assume a certain level of rational thought that I don't think is going to be present.

I view locking doors as a simple precaution that might prevent me having to use deadly force on an intruder. I know for a fact that a crackhead tried to open one of my windows once, realized that it was locked, and walked off. Had it been unlocked, he might have climbed in and next thing you know I'm the one getting dragged through court. Better safe than sorry.

No problem here. To each his own. As long as we have a choice.
If we get to a place where everyone must do that for safety, that's bad.

Even in the relatively safe neighborhood I live in, we have an occasional burglary, with 4 or 5 of them happening a few years ago in the same street. Turned out to be some teenage druggie, that in one case, took out an LCD TV and a laptop from a house, while a the owner was in the back yard working.

That, sent the neighbors into a total shit show frenzy, from "oh, northing's ever gonna happen here" to WHO SHALL SAVE US! HELP!. Front yards turned from complete darkness at night (good), into a freakin' Paris at summer time. Ugh.

Last edited:
"Have been told by a lawyer .........to put a knife in his hand lol..."
after you shoot him....

^^^^^THIS

Keep a crappy "burner" knife around for just that purpose. Don't want to be giving up one of your nice EDC pieces or 9" Santoku from the knife block in the kitchen!

I always lock my windows and doors. I train regularly in hand-to-hand combat and Jiu Jitsu. If I were to catch him, I'd be getting a better souvenir than his shirt. If he has a weapon...well...then he's not going home and I'll have some mopping to do. Have to train for an escalation of force, not just the extreme end of the spectrum.

1) No offense, but I think you have to be an idiot not to lock your door. I have several friends that don't and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

Take a look at the crime stats for Wayland and the adjacent towns, Sudbury, Lincoln, Weston, Wellesley and Needham. There is basically no violent crime. There are people in these towns - I know a couple - who leave their houses unlocked all day whether they're home or not. My wife often leaves her car keys in her unlocked car in the driveway overnight. Sometimes she leaves the front door unlocked all night after letting the dog out.

At home I keep a sharp skinning knife with a rubber grip with deep finger slots handy for self defense but I don't expect to ever have to use it. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

There are lots of good ideas by the prior posters. I have one other that I"m sure to be bashed for, but here it is anyway. My wife bought me a AK-47 replica that looks real as hell, even close up. The barrel is sealed, and painted red, just on the end, on the inside. I took a magic marker and blacked it over. I leave it standing in plain sight, by my bedroom door. I am not suggesting using a replica in place of a real gun, but if the other person is unarmed, then a replica gun, may be an option.
At least mount a bayonet on it. Then if he's not deterred you at least have a weapon.

Take a look at the crime stats for Wayland and the adjacent towns, Sudbury, Lincoln, Weston, Wellesley and Needham. There is basically no violent crime. There are people in these towns - I know a couple - who leave their houses unlocked all day whether they're home or not. My wife often leaves her car keys in her unlocked car in the driveway overnight. Sometimes she leaves the front door unlocked all night after letting the dog out.

At home I keep a sharp skinning knife with a rubber grip with deep finger slots handy for self defense but I don't expect to ever have to use it. My wife thinks I'm nuts.

Needham is a bit away from wayland but I understand your point. The only real crime town in the entire metrowest area is framingham and even there it is isolated to certain areas (south side).

I know a few who don't lock their doors at all too. I know one who has a vacation hoise they go to 3 days a week and the main house is unlocked when they are at the vacation house. I lock the house when I in the backyard doing yard work. No fear, I just don't trust anyone. Main issue would be a druggie looking to steal. They will only look for the unlocked cars, open doors, etc.

Maybe we need the laws changed. That way when we are faced with a situation that threatens the family within the home we are covered and the criminal is not.

So in the summer with nice weather you close and lock all of your doors and windows when you are home? Seriously?

As for using a replica, do you really think a drugged out degenerate breaking in is going to identify that and even hesitate? You seem to assume a certain level of rational thought that I don't think is going to be present.
If I'm not home, doors and windows are locked. If I am home then doors are locked and closed windows are locked. Obviously I open windows in the summer, although I do try to keep the one easily accessible from the front porch closed. If I'm grilling out back, no I don't lock the back door every time I need to get a fresh beer but the front door sure remains locked.

As for the AK, my comment was more regarding a drugged out perp not caring about you pointing a gun at him. I agree that he probably wouldn't call it out as fake.

If you follow the "it's a safe town so I can't be bothered to lock my door" mentality then why even have a gun? It's a safe town, right?

Back
Top Bottom