Wayland Home Invasion

Two nitwits were arrested the other day for making threats to a cop. They live around the corner on curtis. Also there was the woman running a prostitution biz out of her public housing apartment next to the gas station on rt 27. Also the infamous nate fujita lives right down the street on west plain and fuller.

Oh I know exactly which house is Fujita's. That house has always been creepy creepster. I wasn't aware of the prostitution thing, the whole neighborhood is going to shit!

Oh I know exactly which house is Fujita's. That house has always been creepy creepster. I wasn't aware of the prostitution thing, the whole neighborhood is going to shit!

I didn't even know Wayland had public housing. Then the pro arrest, that brick building is it. I think it was some massage ad on CL and she got caught in a sting. I think it was 3 yrs ago, I think they were evicting her.

Wellesley had a full on Ho house a few years ago. I think illegal asians who were forced into it, they took their passports, etc. There is crap everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Who was creepy? Nate Fujita? Or his parents?

Maybe the house. That odd light blue color.

Who was creepy? Nate Fujita? Or his parents?

The house. Its one of those over-decorated gingerbread types that just screams "something isn't right".
Untitled_zpst8pubucv.jpg

Wayland does get into trouble about not having a sufficient % of "affordable housing" according to the state; same reason Wellesley has that project. I didn't know that's what that brick building was either: I thought is was empty.

The house. Its one of those over-decorated gingerbread types that just screams "something isn't right".
Untitled_zpst8pubucv.jpg

Wayland does get into trouble about not having a sufficient % of "affordable housing" according to the state; same reason Wellesley has that project. I didn't know that's what that brick building was either: I thought is was empty.

I pretty sure that isn't fujitas house. His house was at the corner of west plain and fuller, light blue with the garage at the back but the driveway from fuller.

16wayland%201%2002.jpg

This is the garage where it happened from the trial visit. The house you posted it 2 houses towards rt 27 from fujitas house.

That is one house down from the corner of Fuller. The house on the corner does not have a garage. I am 98% sure that's his house.

- - - Updated - - -

16wayland%201%2002.jpg

This is the garage where it happened from the trial visit. The house you posted it 2 houses towards rt 27 from fujitas house.

You mean I have been scowling at the wrong house the whole time???

That is one house down from the corner of Fuller. The house on the corner does not have a garage. I am 98% sure that's his house.

On the corner of fuller and west plain is a whit house and a light blue. Fujitas house, I'm 99.999% sure is the light blue one. The garage is behind and accessed from fuller.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You mean I have been scowling at the wrong house the whole time???

Yep. And to be exact, the garage.

There are 2 types of people that break into other people's homes: Those that run away when they realize someone is home, and the type that you never want to meet. If they don't run away, you damn well better have your head in the game.

Not to hijack the thread, but are there any well built doors (external) that are hard to kick in? It would have to actually look like a regular door. Does anyone make a steel framed (steel-jambed?) external door that looks normal? Thanks in advance.

There are 2 types of people that break into other people's homes: Those that run away when they realize someone is home, and the type that you never want to meet. If they don't run away, you damn well better have your head in the game.

Not to hijack the thread, but are there any well built doors (external) that are hard to kick in? It would have to actually look like a regular door. Does anyone make a steel framed (steel-jambed?) external door that looks normal? Thanks in advance.

Doors generally are the most reinforced point of entry to a house. Windows, bulkheads, garages, and porches all offer much softer points of entry for someone determined to get in. For reinforcing a door frame to be effective you would also need multiple points of contact like a safe door and even then what's the point? A $20 angle grinder from Harbor Freight can get through a $5000 entry door. Even if you reinforce it past that, a plasma torch is $200 and you aren't reinforcing from that.

Doors generally are the most reinforced point of entry to a house. Windows, bulkheads, garages, and porches all offer much softer points of entry for someone determined to get in. For reinforcing a door frame to be effective you would also need multiple points of contact like a safe door and even then what's the point? A $20 angle grinder from Harbor Freight can get through a $5000 entry door. Even if you reinforce it past that, a plasma torch is $200 and you aren't reinforcing from that.
Something I've noticed from 2 breakins at fiends homes, they came thru the front door. And MUCH easier than I would have thought. It turns out that just a good kick goes right in. In the end, the door is only held back by a small piece of wood. The footmarks on one make it look like they were facing away from the door, and just kicked backwards into the door a couple times. Easy peasy. Neighbors never noticed. An angle grinder or a plasma torch, someone's going to notice.

Something I've noticed from 2 breakins at fiends homes, they came thru the front door. And MUCH easier than I would have thought. It turns out that just a good kick goes right in. In the end, the door is only held back by a small piece of wood. The footmarks on one make it look like they were facing away from the door, and just kicked backwards into the door a couple times. Easy peasy. Neighbors never noticed. An angle grinder or a plasma torch, someone's going to notice.

That's pretty much true.

The first thing you do is take out the latch plate screws and replace them with much longer ones. That effectively makes the piece of door frame that has to be kicked apart thicker. While you're there, you put a decent lock set with a dead bolt that has a good throw and backplate on it.

These will slow down and perhaps stop the casual kicker. Reality is that the determined thief's coming in. What you want to do is to harden the house to make it more trouble than it's worth, (persuade them to go pick an easier target); and give yourself time to react if someone breaks in while you're home.

I've got windows in my house. Reality is that you can smash them and crawl in. The ones on the floor that we live on are open to let the breeze in and so I can hear the birds. I won't live inside a shuttered up fortress. But I will put decent locks on the doors, secure the lower floor windows, install a decent alarm system, and keep a firearm handy. At the same time, some of my best security comes from the neighborhood that I live in. I know my neighbors, they know me. If there are strange cars/trucks in my driveway, they'll investigate. At the very least I'll get phone calls or text messages - I've gotten them before.

It's all a balance.

That's pretty much true.

The first thing you do is take out the latch plate screws and replace them with much longer ones. That effectively makes the piece of door frame that has to be kicked apart thicker. While you're there, you put a decent lock set with a dead bolt that has a good throw and backplate on it.

These will slow down and perhaps stop the casual kicker. Reality is that the determined thief's coming in. What you want to do is to harden the house to make it more trouble than it's worth, (persuade them to go pick an easier target); and give yourself time to react if someone breaks in while you're home.

I've got windows in my house. Reality is that you can smash them and crawl in. The ones on the floor that we live on are open to let the breeze in and so I can hear the birds. I won't live inside a shuttered up fortress. But I will put decent locks on the doors, secure the lower floor windows, install a decent alarm system, and keep a firearm handy. At the same time, some of my best security comes from the neighborhood that I live in. I know my neighbors, they know me. If there are strange cars/trucks in my driveway, they'll investigate. At the very least I'll get phone calls or text messages - I've gotten them before.

It's all a balance.

Agreed.
I am stuck because I have a single story dwelling so my windows are more accessible. On the other hand, I live on a corner, know my neighbors, and it would be super obvious if somebody tried to break in. That doesn't mean some dumb ass won't someday break a window and try to steal my tv though.

I still think that pooping yourself would be a great way to thwart a rape. Of course I don't know any women who can poop on a whim. Which is interesting because thats something that all men seem to be able to do.

Not to hijack the thread, but are there any well built doors (external) that are hard to kick in? It would have to actually look like a regular door.
Yes -- ones that open outward.[banghead]

Generally an outswing door with lock hinges in a steel frame is going to be a commercial unit, and look it, at least until you get into the higher price points.

Last edited:
The weakest part is usually the jamb. There are steel reinforcements that you can screw into the jamb that make a big difference if combined with a good quality commercial lock. In most cases, the only thing supporting a deadbolt is 2 screws sunk 3 inches deep into a piece of pine or poplar.

Don

p.s. Go to youtube and search on "high security door" You'll find hours of video.

Back
Top Bottom