Washington, DC - MPD now acting as FFL

allen-1

NES Member
Washington's insane laws were well documented in "Emily gets her gun", but this is more crap from our Capital city.

The money quote:
“So that we wouldn’t run into any constitutional issues or open ourselves up to meddling in our gun laws from outside groups,” the mayor told the press at a Monday briefing, “MPD and the deputy mayor immediately started working on alternatives. The solution that we came up with was to delegate to MPD the authority to operate as the District’s federal firearms licensee while there is no other commercial alternative.”

Hmm.....Police now acting as FFL. So that's the liberal plan. I suppose they envision the day when everyone must not only obtain a permit through the police but also must buy the gun there. Not just sales tax when that day comes but an extra transaction fee etc, etc. Don't even want to think about the "we have a lot of orders you can pick up your gun in 8 weeks."

Hmm.....Police now acting as FFL. So that's the liberal plan. I suppose they envision the day when everyone must not only obtain a permit through the police but also must buy the gun there. Not just sales tax when that day comes but an extra transaction fee etc, etc. Don't even want to think about the "we have a lot of orders you can pick up your gun in 8 weeks."

Mexico has a system like this, where people have a gun license and there's only one government-run gun store in the entire county, which is in Mexico City.

Mexico has a system like this, where people have a gun license and there's only one government-run gun store in the entire county, which is in Mexico City.
Yup.....,If people laugh at this they only need look at the concept of state liquor stores. If they can't outright ban guns they will make getting one more miserable than ever.

When the hell is Trump going to get off his ass and tell the Supreme Court to fix this mess (local govts. violating the 2A) once and for all??

If residents need to leave the district to buy a firearm, then why can't an agreement be reached between the district and the neighboring states to be the districts FFL too. This way you get no complaints from highly overworked and underpaid government entities and citizens rights won't be "meddled" with.

If residents need to leave the district to buy a firearm, then why can't an agreement be reached between the district and the neighboring states to be the districts FFL too. This way you get no complaints from highly overworked and underpaid government entities and citizens rights won't be "meddled" with.
At the very least, federally you can’t buy handguns out of state.

Make an exception to avoid lawsuits. Then, slowly allow the country to do the same through precedent, the way it should be.
Washington DC, as a city/territory, has no say in federal law, and if you think Congress is going to run out and make changes to GCA68 so that DC’s residents can easily buy handguns, I have some waterfront property you might be interested in.

Like Atmay says, The "state of residence only" stupidity baked into Federal gun laws prevents this from happening. You would have to change US code to make this idea even legal.

-Mike

When the hell is Trump going to get off his ass and tell the Supreme Court to fix this mess (local govts. violating the 2A) once and for all??
Barr has been dropping hints the DoJ might do something. He was critical of the FBI sitting on background checks for longer than 3 business days. I get the feeling Wray and the FBI would get an ass kicking if it was politically feasible.

I agree. I used to go down there alot. Just getting beer was a pain in the ass.

Beer isn't even a state-store thing in PA. State stores only sell wine and liquor. To get beer you have to go to a beer distributor (if you want to buy a case) or to a bar or restaurant that's licensed for off-premises sales (if you want to buy a 6-pack or a 12-pack and pay through the nose for it).

Beer isn't even a state-store thing in PA. State stores only sell wine and liquor. To get beer you have to go to a beer distributor (if you want to buy a case) or to a bar or restaurant that's licensed for off-premises sales (if you want to buy a 6-pack or a 12-pack and pay through the nose for it).
You can get six packs and stuff at (some?) gas stations - last time I was in PA, we were gunna buy from the restaurant but our waitress directed us to the gas station up the road.

I had to search to find a place to buy beer (I was somewhere outside Hershey in the middle of nowhere) I said F it on the booze. I didn't even try. I ended up finding a bar. The other times I found other places, but still a hassle.
One thing I liked when I lived in .CA is that you could find it anywhere. I did live in a concrete jungle tho.

Unless you want liquor in NH and aren’t near one.

Haha unless you are out of state its pretty much impossible not to be near one, or put it this way - if you have running water you are probably within 30 minutes of a liquor store.

Back
Top Bottom