• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WAS "The REAL Second Amendment - Senator Chris Murphy"'; now just another thread about masks in a "gun forum". Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 years later, his remarks seem a bit. . . . . . . . constitutionally incorrect according to the Supreme Court.

I bet he's a pro-court-packer. . . . when the winds favor his party of course.

when these clowns keep saying military style, grade or whatever weapons, do they realize that at the time of the writing of the Constitution the people were armed with firearms that were equivalent to what the best armies in the world possessed?
But they were only muzzle loaders they would reply. Everything they say on the 2nd Amendment is BS, they want it repealed so they can be in charge.

What does "infringe" mean again?

Yeah but what you don't know, what no one knows is that the word 'not' was pencilled and if you look carefully at the bill of rights you can see the whiteout on the page. So the real second amendment is supposed to say "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall be infringed".

The liberals would like a 2nd amendment that is similar to "Free speech" in countries like Canada eh?; Germany; England and Thailand. Each of those countries has prohibited speech that is considered "harmful" even though it falls short of fighting words or shouting theater in a crowded fire. The US is the exception rather than the rule when it comes to a near absolute concept of free speech.
Correct and those countries don't have a 2nd Amendment.

They love to focus on the Militia part which they believe indicates a state-run army. Knowing that soldiers in standing armies have been armed since the beginning of time, WHY would they need to put that in the Constitution?

As for the rest of it, no debate. Crystal clear. The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Because they don't know the history of the American Revolution, the Framers distrusted a Standing Army and disbanded it as soon as the Revolutionary War was over.

The only thing I agree with him on is "The second amendment isn't absolute"

I mean, it's not, it can be changed or repealed at any time all you need is an amendment to be proposed by two-thirds of the House and Senate, or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the state legislatures. It is then up to the states to approve a new amendment, with three-quarters of the states voting to ratifying it.

The only thing I agree with him on is "The second amendment isn't absolute"

I mean, it's not, it can be changed or repealed at any time all you need is an amendment to be proposed by two-thirds of the House and Senate, or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the state legislatures. It is then up to the states to approve a new amendment, with three-quarters of the states voting to ratifying it.

Followed by 150,000,000 (maybe more) "former" citizens walking out.

In connecticuck, any pistol that has a threaded barrel is a banned "assault weapon". But suppressors are technically legal... lol.

4n2gjj-1036522693.jpg

Why? Where is the proof that masks work?

Think of it like wearing a big red A on your sweater while referring to yourself as Hester. If FEW wear it, it's more a "oh, I'll just stay away from that dude." It's a flag of who may or may THINIK they need it. I just stay away from them. I suspect most do - some out of respect, some out of disdain.

Of course, there are people here who would go and try and French kiss anyone who had a mask on just to be turds. LOL. Gotta go find a group of ugly women and give them masks and send them to the next gun show.

A covid virus is smaller than a water molecule. Wear your mask on a cold day and watch the water vapor. If the mask won't stop water it won't stop a virus.
Are you saying the mask will not reduce the amount of airborne moisture in emitted by breath? The key word is "reduce", not "stop".

Are you saying the mask will not reduce the amount of airborne moisture in emitted by breath? The key word is "reduce", not "stop".
Concur
Masks can reduce other crap that can put a person at greater risk from the inevitable exposure to those pathogens the mask cannot stop.

If someone wants to wear a mask that's their choice. If they ask me to wear one, it's my choice. If they try to compel me to do so, FOaD statist.

No. I'm saying that covid is way smaller than the water vapor that easily passes through you mask. If water gets through, covid gets through. Therfore, masks are useless for covid.

No. I'm saying that covid is way smaller than the water vapor that easily passes through you mask. If water gets through, covid gets through. Therfore, masks are useless for covid.
That conclusion is based on the assumption that reducing the quantity of water vapor / covid that breeches the perimeter does not reduce the risk. You may be right. Or not. It depends on two things:
  1. Do masks reduce the amount of exposure?
  2. If so, does reduced exposure mean reduced risk?
You have offered reasonable evidence that masks do not stop all ingress of C19, but none that shows masks do not slow it down.
You have also offered no evidence that a lower exposure to the virus presents the same risk as a higher exposure.

This is bad logic.

First off, the virus transmits in the water droplet, so they're tied together.

Second, the less water droplets sent through the mask the better. Since most of us here aren't medically trained and are armchair scientists maybe a better analogy is in order:

If covid is a bullet, then the mask as a mixed barrier. Some bullets will make it through, some will not. If you're the one being shot at, which would you prefer- to be standing in front of the gun with no barrier, or be behind a barrier that soaks up x% of the bullets being flung in your direction?

The above is for someone with covid wearing a mask. You don't want to wear a mask....

Well let's go back to the beginning- covid transfers in water droplets which get caught by the mask. If you're wearing one the water droplets you exhale will collect on the mask, as new droplets come at your mask from the outside the mask itself will stop some, some droplets will combine with the other droplets in the mask and get caught, and a smaller amount will pass through.

Back to our gun analogy, let's say you're now behind a mixed barrier with bullets being sprayed at you but this time you have body armor. The barrier and armor are now stopping even more bullets from harming you, but some will still get through (headshot, arms, legs, etc.)

As you can see, masks do work. They're not a binary yes or no for stopping virus transmission, they're a step that helps prevent transmission. Combine a mask with simple hand washing and not hanging around sick people and your chances of catching covid decrease even further.

There are arguments for the decrease preventing "immune system overload" basically put, getting exposed to one virus cell probably won't give you covid, your immune system will stop it. Getting exposed to 100,000 is a different story. Same with the bullets- your behind cover with body armor changes are 1 bullet won't kill you, but getting hit with a dozen shots to the arms or legs might.

One of my two favorite Connecticut Senators has made clear his position on the second amendment:

"I support the real 2nd Amendment, not the imaginary 2nd Amendment," Murphy tweeted. "And the real #2A isn’t absolute. It allows Congress to wake up to reality and ban these assault rifles that are designed for one purpose only - to kill as many people as fast as possible."

Dem senator: I support 'real' Second Amendment, not 'imaginary' one

The "real 2nd Amendment". Oh, okay. I've seen what he thinks of the Second Amendment, and he's one of the reasons I left Connecticut.

This is the future of New England unless we vote these people out of office.
Vote out of office in the N.E. MA, CT, NY, NJ etc.. never going to happen. people are f***ing fools.

He missed the part about SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.. What a puppet.

[rofl]

One of my two favorite Connecticut Senators has made clear his position on the second amendment:

"I support the real 2nd Amendment, not the imaginary 2nd Amendment," Murphy tweeted. "And the real #2A isn’t absolute. It allows Congress to wake up to reality and ban these assault rifles that are designed for one purpose only - to kill as many people as fast as possible."

Dem senator: I support 'real' Second Amendment, not 'imaginary' one

The "real 2nd Amendment". Oh, okay. I've seen what he thinks of the Second Amendment, and he's one of the reasons I left Connecticut.

This is the future of New England unless we vote these people out of office.

This is what happens when dogs are inbred in puppy mills.

This is bad logic.

First off, the virus transmits in the water droplet, so they're tied together.

Second, the less water droplets sent through the mask the better. Since most of us here aren't medically trained and are armchair scientists maybe a better analogy is in order:

If covid is a bullet, then the mask as a mixed barrier. Some bullets will make it through, some will not. If you're the one being shot at, which would you prefer- to be standing in front of the gun with no barrier, or be behind a barrier that soaks up x% of the bullets being flung in your direction?

The above is for someone with covid wearing a mask. You don't want to wear a mask....

Well let's go back to the beginning- covid transfers in water droplets which get caught by the mask. If you're wearing one the water droplets you exhale will collect on the mask, as new droplets come at your mask from the outside the mask itself will stop some, some droplets will combine with the other droplets in the mask and get caught, and a smaller amount will pass through.

Back to our gun analogy, let's say you're now behind a mixed barrier with bullets being sprayed at you but this time you have body armor. The barrier and armor are now stopping even more bullets from harming you, but some will still get through (headshot, arms, legs, etc.)

As you can see, masks do work. They're not a binary yes or no for stopping virus transmission, they're a step that helps prevent transmission. Combine a mask with simple hand washing and not hanging around sick people and your chances of catching covid decrease even further.

There are arguments for the decrease preventing "immune system overload" basically put, getting exposed to one virus cell probably won't give you covid, your immune system will stop it. Getting exposed to 100,000 is a different story. Same with the bullets- your behind cover with body armor changes are 1 bullet won't kill you, but getting hit with a dozen shots to the arms or legs might.
I don't buy it. But if you feel better wearing a face diaper, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom