• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WAS "The REAL Second Amendment - Senator Chris Murphy"'; now just another thread about masks in a "gun forum". Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

allen-1

NES Member
One of my two favorite Connecticut Senators has made clear his position on the second amendment:

"I support the real 2nd Amendment, not the imaginary 2nd Amendment," Murphy tweeted. "And the real #2A isn’t absolute. It allows Congress to wake up to reality and ban these assault rifles that are designed for one purpose only - to kill as many people as fast as possible."

Dem senator: I support 'real' Second Amendment, not 'imaginary' one

The "real 2nd Amendment". Oh, okay. I've seen what he thinks of the Second Amendment, and he's one of the reasons I left Connecticut.

This is the future of New England unless we vote these people out of office.

In Murphy's mamby-pamby land, it might be imaginary. Down here on planet earth, in the real world, "shall not be infringed" is an absolute. Actually, it won't get much more absoluterer (just made that up) than "shall not be infringed". I really can't wait for the day when shit is going to get real real for those politician pukes.

Pols arent stupid. They know exactly what the purpose of the 2A is. Thats why theyve been busy shitting on it all these years.
the_2nd_amendment.jpg

when these clowns keep saying military style, grade or whatever weapons, do they realize that at the time of the writing of the Constitution the people were armed with firearms that were equivalent to what the best armies in the world possessed?

No need to debate, he’s got this covered with his own definition.
C0A23DFA-8E73-4050-B63F-EC57AF5CA9BF.png

Much like how David Hogg mentions how he and his clowns are the real experts on guns because they went through an event.

Boy, they have a valid point and have swayed me.
By bye AR-15..Hello Tavor![rofl]

See I get it. Not as extra killy as that big black evil assault rifle-fifteen..

What a crock of political do do..

The world would be a safer place if everyone owned a Tavor![cheers]

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

How is this not clear? More evidence libtard arguments only work in echo chambers and safe spaces.

No need to debate, he’s got this covered with his own definition.
View attachment 234187

Much like how David Hogg mentions how he and his clowns are the real experts on guns because they went through an event.

If you count being in an entirely different building a quarter of a mile away as going through an event.
I've noticed none of the actual wounded survivors are jumping in front of cameras .
Even if I disagreed with what they had to say , I would give the actual survivors some leeway to be talking.
This little turd? Zip.

They love to focus on the Militia part which they believe indicates a state-run army. Knowing that soldiers in standing armies have been armed since the beginning of time, WHY would they need to put that in the Constitution?

As for the rest of it, no debate. Crystal clear. The right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

I should have just skipped this thread. I knew as soon as I read the subject line it was just going to have a bad effect on my blood pressure.

And it did. f***ing Murphy.

One of my two favorite Connecticut Senators has made clear his position on the second amendment:

"I support the real 2nd Amendment, not the imaginary 2nd Amendment," Murphy tweeted. "And the real #2A isn’t absolute. It allows Congress to wake up to reality and ban these assault rifles that are designed for one purpose only - to kill as many people as fast as possible."

Where is he going to live if he gets his wish?

The liberals would like a 2nd amendment that is similar to "Free speech" in countries like Canada eh?; Germany; England and Thailand. Each of those countries has prohibited speech that is considered "harmful" even though it falls short of fighting words or shouting theater in a crowded fire. The US is the exception rather than the rule when it comes to a near absolute concept of free speech.

Funny how they find all kinds of things in the CotUS that isn't there under the 'Good & Plenty Clause' yet "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." means National Guard* (even though it was formalized in 1903's) and that it doesn't mean AR, AK or other 'weapons of war' as they weren't invented in 1789/1791 when it was written/ratified. Even though TV, Radio, Internet are covered by 1A and computer and phone files are covered by 4A.

They always tend to gloss over the "being necessary to the security of a free State", "the right of the people" & "shall not be infringed".

The Free State is the state of being free, not the type of government. The PEOPLE is used though out the CotUS and it means ALL people, no where is the people a limited sub-set. Shall not be infringed doesn't say a little, slight or moderate - it says shall not.

The latest on the National Guard is that CNN is saying the Militia and National Guard are the same thing.
National Guard Fast Facts - CNN

I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials.
George Mason

Ive challenged people before, show me one other single instance where "the people" is taken to mean "the National Guard" or "the government". They cant. Why tf would the government feel the need to guarantee itself the right to bear arms or any other right for that matter?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." means National Guard*
The idea that the government needed constitutional permission to arm its minions is ludicrous.

The idea that the government needed constitutional permission to arm its minions is ludicrous.

Well, the idea that they(government) think they will ever disarm the citizenry to any effective degree without they themselves being buried is even more ludicrous.
You have to get to work to be effective. Laying dead on your front porch won't get it done.

I think people like him and the Mass AG for example need to be rounded up and deported. Perhaps Red China would suit them just fine, unless they are already agents for the Communists???? In which case they should feel right at home! I sometimes wonder about that, as they always seem to spout the communist line!
This is my Country NOT theirs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom