• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Want your restrictions removed? See this post for how.

COMM2A, I can't tell you how happy this thread makes me. I happen to live in a green town, but it has always bothered me that my brothers and sisters elsewhere have the extent of their civil rights determined by their geography. That is wrong on so many levels that it defies description.

Best of luck and as many $$ to you as I can swing.

As excited as I am to see this, I have to remind myself that this is just one battle in a long war. Not every fight will go our way. The important thing is that the battle has begun.

Help COMM2A stay the course.

Awesome. Great work Comm2A. This is really awesome. Thank you to everyone donating their time and hard work moving forward. Once my group buy ends next week, there will be a nice donation coming your way. I will add more to it myself. Awesome.

Another question, I know when you get your LTC the chief can have his designee handle the entire process (in my case the town had two dedicated firearms licensing officers other than the chief) when you file these suits, does the Chief have to appear or can he send the designee in his place? Obviously a couple suits wouldn't matter as the officers get OT for going to court, but I can imagine someone like Gemme getting 10 court dates a week would change his position real quick if he couldn't do his regular job because he spent every day in court.

Another question, I know when you get your LTC the chief can have his designee handle the entire process (in my case the town had two dedicated firearms licensing officers other than the chief) when you file these suits, does the Chief have to appear or can he send the designee in his place? Obviously a couple suits wouldn't matter as the officers get OT for going to court, but I can imagine someone like Gemme getting 10 court dates a week would change his position real quick if he couldn't do his regular job because he spent every day in court.

His regular job is to be an a$$hole. He can do that in court quite easily [wink]

Out-f***ing-standing! I'm no longer a MA resident, but I'll be donating for this cause. SEND IT!!!!

ochmude, we met years ago I bought some ammo from you on Burnett Road I forget which caliber now. I beleive you were stationed at Westover at the time.

It is good to see you got out, it has to be great to be in Arizona after living here.

I am sending rep points for not forgetting us. Thanks for your service to our country and your donation.

Jay P.

This is very long and expensive war and we will win some and lose some, but in the end will prevail. Thanks to all of you with the continued support.

As for the chiefs, we never see them. Lawyers do it all on both sides.

So is the plan for a few from each town or just looking for a large amount of people? Curious if the goal is to change the law or change the town.

This is very long and expensive war and we will win some and lose some, but in the end will prevail. Thanks to all of you with the continued support.

Figures, they cant even come out and fight their own battles. Makes me sick. They screw us over year after year and then at the day of reckoning they dont even show up. What a suprise.

Last edited:
I'm guessing it's to find the best plaintiffs. Squeaky clean is a prerequisite for sure. You don't want the court to be able to dispose of the case on some other issue. Also, a compelling narrative can't hurt. Look at Otis McDonald, for example.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Figures, they cant even come out and fight their own battles. Makes me sick. The screw us over year over year and then at the day of reckoning they dont even show up. What a suprise.

Yeah, but it will cost the town $$$$$ that they don't have. The CoP will get marching orders to knock it off from the town selectmen, Mayor, what-ever.

All the available evidence tells us that Worcester is issuing unrestricted licenses. It will probably take years for the NES zeitgeist to catchup however.

Figures, they cant even come out and fight their own battles. Makes me sick. They screw us over year after year and then at the day of reckoning they dont even show up. What a suprise.
That's what lawyers are for. The issue in these cases are matters of law. What does the law mean? The chief doesn't argue that in court anymore than a plaintiff like Fletcher does. And with good reason.

A Question for the Comm2A Guys, primarily, or other people who know the law:

There was a recent thread about a licensing officer who made some outrageous statements about LTC restrictions to students in a college classroom. She said that if she ever did a motor vehicle stop on someone she knew had an unrestricted LTC, her gun would be in your face before even asking you anything.

Could information like this be used against a licensing officer and/or a police chief in your suit?

Here's the thread detailing all of the other things she said: LTC-officer-in-Lowell

Either way, I thought you'd be interested in this as it illustrates just how broken the system is and shows the arrogant attitudes these issuing authorities in red towns have.

Last edited:
There was a recent thread about a licensing officer who made some outrageous statements about LTC restrictions to students in a college classroom. She said that if she ever did a motor vehicle stop on someone she knew had an unrestricted LTC, her gun would be in your face before even asking you anything.

Could information like this be used against a licensing officer and/or a police chief in your suit?

Here's the thread detailing all of the other things she said: LTC-officer-in-Lowell

Either way, I thought you'd be interested in this as it illustrates just how broken the system is and shows the arrogant attitudes these issuing authorities in red towns have.

No, but if this officer ever does stop a person and put a gun in their face for the sole reason they had an LTC, that will equate to hundreds of thousands of dollars in a suit.

And with most towns on the brink of financial ruins, I could see the majority of the small town COP being told to cave in by the Town Manger or Board of Selectmen and just issue "Restrictions: None." Lawsuit after lawsuit will cost a town a significant amount of money in legal fees that they just don't have to waste in the long run.

And with most towns on the brink of financial ruins, I could see the majority of the small town COP being told to cave in by the Town Manger or Board of Selectmen and just issue "Restrictions: None." Lawsuit after lawsuit will cost a town a significant amount of money in legal fees that they just don't have to waste in the long run.

That doens't solve the problem. It only kicks the can down the road.

Back
Top Bottom