• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Want your restrictions removed? See this post for how.

I wish this was going on before I moved, because I would have loved to help out, and I'm a frickin' angel.

Good luck, and keep up the good work.

This would be great if it wouldn't make my life hell in my small town. Good option if you're going to be moving soon though, get it unrestricted then throw a change of address on there.

I live in Lynn now but my License is issued in Medford and with restriction and will call tomorrow Med PD and see if they can cancel my license and renew it in Lynn if not then I will fill this out.

I'm very interested in this still, do you have any information on wins v. losses and negative fallout from local PD's if any?
The objective here isn't to rack-up more wins than losses. The objective is to challenge the very validity f orestrictions themselves, i.e. the law. Again, most of our projects have that aim, we want to change the playing field for everyone.

Most government officials subject to civil suits understand that they're being sued in their 'official capacity'. Sometimes it's for their policies, other times, like here, it's about the laws they represent and enforce. It's not personal. The police departments defendants in Fletcher were nothing but polite and courteous with our plaintiffs. The likelihood of getting your taillights smashed during a traffic stop after you sue your chief is extraordinarily remote. It would really be unprecedented for one of these people to open themselves up to a retaliation complaint from someone who filed a civil lawsuit against them.

The objective here isn't to rack-up more wins than losses. The objective is to challenge the very validity f orestrictions themselves, i.e. the law. Again, most of our projects have that aim, we want to change the playing field for everyone.

Most government officials subject to civil suits understand that they're being sued in their 'official capacity'. Sometimes it's for their policies, other times, like here, it's about the laws they represent and enforce. It's not personal. The police departments defendants in Fletcher were nothing but polite and courteous with our plaintiffs. The likelihood of getting your taillights smashed during a traffic stop after you sue your chief is extraordinarily remote. It would really be unprecedented for one of these people to open themselves up to a retaliation complaint from someone who filed a civil lawsuit against them.

You have my support I'll be filing that form and donating ASAP. I think I have a shot, I got restrictions but as of late I've heard of a lot of people getting unrestricted.

I'm a Lowell resident and expecting restrictions.

My question is how other red cities have fared when the Plaintiff loses in court -- i.e., did they suddenly and mysteriously have their license revoked? Or were they denied or busted down to B on their renewal?

And with most towns on the brink of financial ruins, I could see the majority of the small town COP being told to cave in by the Town Manger or Board of Selectmen and just issue "Restrictions: None." Lawsuit after lawsuit will cost a town a significant amount of money in legal fees that they just don't have to waste in the long run.

That doens't solve the problem. It only kicks the can down the road.

How so? I thought the problem was the restrictions, and removing them was the solution. This does that.

I sent the email/form as well as an extra donation. If I get picked I will make sure to report back with my results (for better or for worse). Hopefully I won't get my taillights smashed during a traffic stop after this [smile]. In all seriousness this is a great thing Comm2A is trying to achieve, I suggest anyone with restrictions who can answer NO try and do this.

Just an update folks. We are still wading through all of the notes sent to us. I had hoped to have plaintiffs locked in by now but the storm and other things have slowed this up a bit. And keep them coming. If you are on the fence, send something in. You aren't bound by anything. The more people who toss their hat in the ring, the better our case will be.

Also, I want to stress, even if you are not personally selected, you will benefit and frankly we will be taking more cases in the future and so your chance at direct participation is not a one time deal. We will have future needs.

Thanks for the work on this all the Comm2A guys. I am anxious and excited to see the outcome of all of this. Great work like always!

Folks, if you have restrictions you want to remove we are happy to oblige the First Circuit and file a lawsuit in State court over restrictions because apparently the federal courts here are unable to litigate a federally protected right.

So, to be considered you have to be willing to sue your town police chief, we will provide the lawyer free of charge. Email [email protected] with the subject line "restrictions" and the following information in the body.

Name:
Address:
Phone:
Town licensed in:
LTC type:
Restrictions (exactly as written):

Confirm in the email that you can answer no on all questions 4-14 on the LTC application.
We will not be selecting everyone and will get back to folks within a week or so to let them know if they were selected.

And yes, I am serious about this. We will be suing the state over restrictions. Remember, you must be willing to sue your PD. We are not going to asking pretty please for your restrictions to be removed.

Just an update folks. We are still wading through all of the notes sent to us. I had hoped to have plaintiffs locked in by now but the storm and other things have slowed this up a bit. And keep them coming. If you are on the fence, send something in. You aren't bound by anything. The more people who toss their hat in the ring, the better our case will be.

Also, I want to stress, even if you are not personally selected, you will benefit and frankly we will be taking more cases in the future and so your chance at direct participation is not a one time deal. We will have future needs.

Can you put all this together in a letter or a flyer? I would like to pass this on to my club, but it has to be self-explanatory about Comm2A and the mission at hand. If I could hand some of these out, and/or send to club members as an email, and/or in the newsletter, it would get you a lot more coverage. For that matter, if Comm2A could get GOAL to send this to all clubs, it would REALLY ramp up the number of eyeballs viewing this info, and the number of replies.

Comm2A, any updates on this action?

Also, I agree with the above from Coyote33 - I am at my club at least once a week and we have courses there. If there was a flyer that could be hung up there and handed out during the courses it would only help get more folks involved. Thanks Guys.

Also, I agree with the above from Coyote33 - I am at my club at least once a week and we have courses there. If there was a flyer that could be hung up there and handed out during the courses it would only help get more folks involved. Thanks Guys.

News when we can discuss it. It's coming along though, I promise that.

To be fair and honest, Comm 2A did send me some brochures, which are pretty nice. It was more just general statements about them, and didn't really get into what kind of successes they've had or what is going on currently. I guess it is hard to cram EVERYTHING into a handy little brochure. On the other hand, it is hard to describe them with just basic info, especially when talking before a club meeting or Board of Directors. I gave some flyers to some key club people, and two different shops in the area (H-S in Auburn and Pullman in Worcester), and will have more to hand out to club members Monday night and some local police chiefs.

We have business cards and tri-fold brochures that you can hand out or post at your club. Just send us a request to : [email protected] and tell us what you want, and if you need counter top holders for them.

We're also happy to send someone (usually me) out to address club meetings, talk about the general direction of gun rights litigation in the US some of our projects. etc.

Is this a petition sort of case? or will you be hand picked to attend court to sue for your restriction?

im 22 years old, i have a clean record, no mental illness of any sort and have provided all of the paperwork and proof for a Class A in my town and am getting a Class A: Restricted simply because of my age. (they will not issue Restriction: None to anyone 21-25 in my town apparently)

id like to get some more info on this.

Is this a petition sort of case? or will you be hand picked to attend court to sue for your restriction?

im 22 years old, i have a clean record, no mental illness of any sort and have provided all of the paperwork and proof for a Class A in my town and am getting a Class A: Restricted simply because of my age. (they will not issue Restriction: None to anyone 21-25 in my town apparently)

id like to get some more info on this.

As stated in the OP, Comm2A is looking for the best possible plaintiffs to sue their PD. Send in the info requested in the OP; maybe you'll get picked, maybe not, but it can't hurt to try. A bigger pool of potential plaintiffs to choose from helps everyone.

Red 5 standing by
[rofl]
On a scale from 1 to 10, I am f@cking excited for this.
Understand that this is a process that is playing out on many fronts. The 'restrictions' issue won't be fully resolved one way or the other until the US Supreme Court grants cert to a case that asks if the Second Amendment is relevant outside the home. Our job, which we share with many people around the country, is to create the best possible circumstances for that to happen. There are no fewer than ten cases of this type at various stages in the federal court system. For a quick recap of thse cases please refer to the Comm2A Leader Board.

The process moved a step forward this week with the Second Circuit ruling in Kachalsky(NY). Sure, that was a loss, but it still moved the ball down the field. Next week will be another step when the Ninth Circuit hears Richard(CA), Peruta(CA), and Baker(HI) in San Francisco. Stay tuned.

All the available evidence tells us that Worcester is issuing unrestricted licenses. It will probably take years for the NES zeitgeist to catchup however.

I have a restricted LTC-A in Worcester. Should I beg the chief to change the restrictions, or fill out the email form? I don't want to send in my info if it's going to waste your time because Worcester is no longer using restricted licenses.

By the way, i was so happy to find this post, I almost started to cry. I will be setting up recurring donations after the holiday season.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom