Walther PPS MA LEGAL!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYY

I was able to shoot it and was not impressed. It IS very slim, especially around the magwell. I put about 7 rnds through it at the range and returned it to shoot another gun. I am not the most accurate shooter but I can put my rounds ON the paper at least at 15' but only got 1 out of 7 when I shot. YMMV, but the grip was so slim for my big hands I couldn't get a proper grip on it.

Again, YMMV but if you have large hands I'd try and shoot one first before dropping the money on one.

Heavy Trigger

The trigger is heavy, but better than the Mass M&P. I was shooting it over the weekend and had no problem. It was a big difference switching between the PPS and the Glock 19 with the standard 5.5lb trigger.

Looking inside the PPS the disconnecting bar is stamped with a H. The manual shows a picture of the internals on where to look for the marking if the pistol has a magazine disconnect. In the manual's picture, the part does not have the H. I need to find that standard part and see it improves the pull.

pps_H.jpg

They also had the M&P 45 and had to stop selling it after the AG stepped in.

Why doesn't the M&P 45 meet the AG requirements? Does it not have a manual safety or sufficient trigger pull?

And WTF? Does the AG actually regularly send narcs to Four Seasons to investigate what guns they are selling and test them to see if they meet their requirements?

Why doesn't the M&P 45 meet the AG requirements? Does it not have a manual safety or sufficient trigger pull?

It does have a manual safety, with a standard, typical M+P trigger.

I think S+W got cold feet and pulled the guns (well, I should say, they pulled out the "these are MA compliant" flag out ) for some stupid reason. I'm not even sure it got to the "AG complaining about it" point or not. S+W hasn't really disclosed whatever the actual issue is. It really doesn't make any sense to me...

-Mike

My understanding is that it was the 10# trigger pull issue that S&W realized wasn't compliant. No insider info, just that the first iteration released in MA had the US standard trigger, no special ma**h*** trigger.

I just picked up a 9mm PPS. The Massachusetts trigger is predictably bad, breaking fairly consistently at about 11 pounds. I like the feel of the gun as well as the thin profile for IWB carry. The trigger, however, is almost a non-starter. I will report back when I get to the range (and when I determine how best to fix the trigger).

I saw one at S&W shooting range last week. I was real excited to see it, as I'd been waiting to buy one. Too bad S&W put it in the case next to the Model 22 classic. After holding both, I think I've got to go with the Model 22 or something similar. I almost made it to the dark side...

this happened to me a another dealer.. I was told by the dealer that I, the buyer, was in for a whole worl of legal hurt if I did not return the gun (it was a cz-75). Said I'd be in for fines, jail time, etc. etc.
Not knowing any better I returned the gun.

What pissed me off was the dealer was such an A-hole about it, and threatened me. Had he just said, oops! I F'd up and sold that gun by mistake. Could you please return it and I will make it up to you? I would have done so gladly and I'd still be a customer.. As such, I have not bought from them since..

Just out of curiosity, was this at Northeast Trading? Those guys lied to me a little bit about pocket pistols not being legal in Mass even if they were brought into the state by someone who owned them previously or an LEO/Military type.

Just out of curiosity, was this at Northeast Trading? Those guys lied to me a little bit about pocket pistols not being legal in Mass even if they were brought into the state by someone who owned them previously or an LEO/Military type.

Lied or just mistaken?

Lied or just mistaken?

Well, I asked him quite specifically about guns that were not new but brought into the state by someone who owned one previously (I don't believe I included LEOs in my question). Considering that the guy is the owner of a gun store, and not a small or poorly staffed one by local standards, I would think he'd know the law. Also, the smallest thing he has is the PPK and a few snubbies which might be smaller, but fatter -- and I made it clear that I was looking for something small and slim. So I guess it wouldn't be a huge leap of imagination that he was afraid he'd lose a sale - considering that a lot of his competition has small guns on consignment.

Moreover, I've heard similar stories about him before on some site... I believe (can't be sure) that it was here on NES -- under the store review section. Hence that would lead me to believe that he did, in fact fib a little.

In all fairness to the guy, the service was great, all my questions where answered, anything I wanted to look at they were more than happy to show -- whether I was looking to buy something like that or not, and they had some extras (holsters & stuff) that some of the smaller stores don't.

Considering that the guy is the owner of a gun store, and not a small or poorly staffed one by local standards, I would think he'd know the law.

And you would be dead wrong. Most gun shop owners do NOT know the law very well.

In all fairness to the guy, the service was great, all my questions were answered
Wrongly. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom