Walther PPS MA LEGAL!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYY

I think there's more than one way to skin that cat, legally. I think the problem is, for the dealers, it's hard for them to justify it from a cost/benefit thing. For example, if a dealers stake in this group lawsuit, for example, was $20,000, he can't be sure that this "investment' is going to pay for itself in terms of increased handgun sales. Further there's a risk that it could toilet and all the money is gone for nothing. Course, if someone could get ALL the dealers to participate, the individual cost of the legal action would probably go down, too.

-Mike

GOAL

The NRA (in my mind) has just about written off mass entirely.
$100 donation to NRA, will just give you more junk mail and news about Idaho and Virgina.. And pics of the latest big Washington dinner/ shindig..

I think donation to Goal would be used in mass to fight mass issues.
I was talking about donating to a specific fund set up to offset the legal fees to challenge this illegal reg.

I think there's more than one way to skin that cat, legally. I think the problem is, for the dealers, it's hard for them to justify it from a cost/benefit thing. For example, if a dealers stake in this group lawsuit, for example, was $20,000, he can't be sure that this "investment' is going to pay for itself in terms of increased handgun sales. Further there's a risk that it could toilet and all the money is gone for nothing. Course, if someone could get ALL the dealers to participate, the individual cost of the legal action would probably go down, too.

-Mike

To make this happen, I really think the mafucturers and distributors really need to get behind this and groups like NSSF to put in time $$ and legal expertise. But, most of them have pretty well written off civilian sales in this state as well. I don't think they see enough potential return on investment.

I can understand that logic but it seems they had written of DC also until someone else picked up the cause.

Written off? The NRA did everything they could to derail Heller and jumped on the bandwagon at the last minute.

The NRA was not supportive of Heller, the NRA did everything in it's power to stop the case from being heard. When it got to the point where there was a chance it was going to fly, they got on board.

It might be possible to challenge it in federal court, maybe under an interstate commerce argument.

I doubt the premise of your suggestion would work (the feds abdicated all their power here by GCA '68) but maybe under other auspices that is possible, but it would take a very, very long time.

Written off? The NRA did everything they could to derail Heller and jumped on the bandwagon at the last minute.

The NRA was not supportive of Heller, the NRA did everything in it's power to stop the case from being heard. When it got to the point where there was a chance it was going to fly, they got on board.

Yes, I realize that but what I said isn't logically inconsistent with that.

I got an email from Four Seasons saying they'll have a shipment of PPSs today (Thursday).

Nope. Email said 9mm and 40 S&W.

The email said "MA compliant Walther PPS in 9mm.". The .40 wasn't on the roster the last time I checked. The paragraph saying .40 cal. is just a blurb copied from Walther's website.

So I doubt they'll have them in .40.

The email said "MA compliant Walther PPS in 9mm.". The .40 wasn't on the roster the last time I checked. The paragraph saying .40 cal. is just a blurb copied from Walther's website.

So I doubt they'll have them in .40.

Yeah, the email states that Four Seasons is getting a shipment of PPSs in 9mm. However, it includes a marketing blurb that they cut and pasted into the email which states (paraphrasing) "the PPS is the cat's ass and comes in 9 and .40" .

The jist is that only the 9mm is available.

The PPS had peaked my interest from what I have seen. Anybody know the MSRP? or what FS will be charging for one yet?

I bought one today. Can't wait to get home and break it in. Oh and trigger is pretty damn heavy, I don't think we have to worry about having to return these puppies. The gun feels a little strange because it is so flat, but I think that is because I'm use to the bricks I have for other handguns. I think carrying this thing will make up for any strange feel, strange looks, or not having the best trigger ever. It is really really thin.

I bought one today. Can't wait to get home and break it in. Oh and trigger is pretty damn heavy, I don't think we have to worry about having to return these puppies. The gun feels a little strange because it is so flat, but I think that is because I'm use to the bricks I have for other handguns. I think carrying this thing will make up for any strange feel, strange looks, or not having the best trigger ever. It is really really thin.

Have you peaked inside??
Is it just a matter of swapping in a couple of Wolff springs, or maybe something like a Glock trigger connector thing-a-ma- bob?

I am not at all PATIENTLY waiting for one of my local dealers to get a hold of one of these for me..... NOT PATIENTLY AT ALL....

Mark, thanks for the report... as I have no concealed gun as of now, i dont know the difference.. but i will probably need to buy both now..!!

I got to see the PPS today at FS. In e pictures I thought it looked ugly. Honestly is still somewhat ugly but not as bad as I thought. The trigger pull is ok. I thought that it was smooth. The thing that impressed me the most was the thicknes. It was a lot slmmer than my G26 but it only held 7-8 rounds I think

Got to play around with one today at FS (Thanks B.H.). This thing is butt ugly, but seems to be a perfect IWB carry gun due to it's slim design. I like it, and the trigger isn't all that bad.

Have you peaked inside??
Is it just a matter of swapping in a couple of Wolff springs, or maybe something like a Glock trigger connector thing-a-ma- bob?

Maybe you need to file down a hump on the back of the sear too. On striker fired guns, they increase the pull weight by having the sear move the striker back before it releases the striker. This is how the M&P trigger weight is reduced, along with replacing the trigger return spring. Replacing the other springs can be a bad idea because it could be unsafe and/or lead to an increase in misfires.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom