• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walmart stops selling most ammo and bans open carry

The last nail in the Walmart Ammo Mega Thread....haven't bought ammo from them in ~3 years...never going back

If these numbers are right and Walmart comprises 20% of all US ammunition sales, then yes, this is gonna be a big hit in the wallet.

Like someone said...Target Sports and other online outlets just hit the lottery.

As well, WM will be buying less and have less purchasing power and discounts.

They will feel this on the bottom line, when guys go in for a box of ammo and used to pick up all sorts of other non gun related stuff along with it.

Walmart has forgotten who their core business is

you mean people who want to buy cheap chinese sh*t? I predict that everyone who says they are not going to shop there anymore will change their tune within a month when they have to pay non-walmart prices for stuff at other stores.

It’s actually a good thing for other ammo sources like gun shops.

The only thing that will suck about this is Walmart was a hedge against price gouging because they didn't play f***o games whenever the market got
disrupted. All this means though, effectively, is people better stock up on ammo a long time before a "problem", because the mids or whoever are likely going to gobble up the surplus of stuff that walmart isn't buying...

-Mike

Man the writing is on the wall in my eyes. We will be seeing full on panic buying. I'm already seeing GMW and other retailers running out of usgi mags.

you mean people who want to buy cheap chinese sh*t? I predict that everyone who says they are not going to shop there anymore will change their tune within a month when they have to pay non-walmart prices for stuff at other stores.

I pretty much only went into walmart for ammo, cat litter, and like shampoo or something, and the other two items I only bought because I was there getting the
ammo. I'm actually trying to remember the last time I went into a Walmart intentionally, I think it was like 6 or 8 months ago, to buy plastic bins or something. Thinking back I haven't bought ammo there in almost 2 years.

Non walmart prices? Most of the consumer stuff isn't that far off from other vendors. For domestic crap, if I go to target it might cost me a few bucks more but I make out
anyways- because getting in and out of a walmart always has a time cost associated with it, because slowest cashiers on the planet, EBT dowannas, etc, clogging up the lines.

-Mike

I very rarely buy ammo at Walmart, so no big loss.

This^

The last time I bought ammo at Walmart was during the "Great .22 Drought" during the Obama years (aka "The Dark Ages"). I just happened to be at the one in Gorham NH for something else and spotted a few boxes, which me and my buddy quickly scooped up. Other than that, I was never a regular ammo customer. Usually you can't find anyone to open the ammo case anyway.

Why don't they discontinue hiring short bus employee's. Sam Walton is rolling in his grave .

Pretty sure the elitist, Alyssa Milano uber lefty crowd this douche is virtue signaling for are not his core market demographic. Maybe I’m wrong and the people of Walmart gun owners will line up in support. [thinking]

Our founder, Sam Walton, was an avid outdoorsman who had a passion for quail hunting, and we're headquartered in a state known for its duck hunting and deer hunting. My family raised bird dogs when I was growing up in Jonesboro, Arkansas, and I'm a gun owner myself.

The cocksucker CEO is the very definition of a FUDD. Sam Walton is rolling over in his grave.

Our remaining assortment will be even more focused on the needs of hunting and sport shooting enthusiasts. It will include long barrel deer rifles and shotguns, much of the ammunition they require, as well as hunting and sporting accessories and apparel.

No one but a FUDD says "deer rifle." WTF is that, any way? Does that mean they're not supporting elk or moose hunters now?

Back
Top Bottom