"Walls of Steel" 2008

Stock revolver - IF the replacement of the factory gold bead w/a fiber optic unit and the factory cylinder latch w/an extended Hogue unit still permits it to be classified as "Stock."

Scriv,
According to their rules, you would still have a stock revo.

I wasn't worried about the FO sight; USPSA Limited and Revolver rules would allow the same thing. The Hogue cylinder latch is a tad extreme, however.

See you all Friday.

I have been at the range all week, as you can imagine, and I have to say I think you'll all be impressed with the stages as I have them setup. The first stage for instance has a total of 28 poppers. It looks pretty impressive and I wish I could say I have had a chance to run it through but there really hasn't been any time. The T-Shirts came in today and they look really good as well.
Cuz, I don't think I have your entry form yet. Are you trying to psych me out and wait until the very last minute? I hope you are planning on shooting. I owe you from the last man on man shoot we had.

Cuz, I don't think I have your entry form yet. Are you trying to psych me out and wait until the very last minute? I hope you are planning on shooting. I owe you from the last man on man shoot we had.

Ha, I wish I could say I was doing that. Up until this afternoon, I wasn't going to be in town so I never sent in the entry form. This morning I "adjusted" my schedule so now I have Sunday free. I had to give up Thur, Fri and Sat to be available on Sunday. If you have an available spot on Sunday for a Stock Auto please let me have it. I was hoping to hand deliver my form (and payment) to Bobby if he is at the center-fire league match tomorrow night. Otherwise, let me know what you want me to do.

I got a voice message from Fishman today telling me how awesome the stages were looking. After listening to him I wanted to head up there tonight and run a couple of stages...

-Cuz.

The fishman was a great help today and yes there is plenty of room for you on Sunday. See you there.

Awesome. I'll see you on Sunday. Is Fishman going to shoot? I'll need to add his name to my list right under yours. He kicked my butt every time we shot last year. Maybe he'll be off his game since he hasn't shot much this year and I can get some payback...

-Cuz.

I think it far more accurate to say that they compete in the same division.

Guns with a 25% disparity in capacity are NOT "on the same level." [wink]

Amen to that Scrivener! I've been battling those 8-shooters all year with my 6-shot S&W 686. It's tough to keep up with them, but I will say I've improved my reloading skills with a speed loader considerably.

I'm going to shoot my Glock 34 in Stock Auto so I won't have to worry about the Revo disparity. Last time I tried to shoot two guns in the same day my fingers ended up cramping up from all the shooting. One thing nobody will be able to complain about is that there wasn't enough steel to shoot. Jim will be sure of that!!!

-Cuz.

I think it far more accurate to say that they compete in the same division.

Guns with a 25% disparity in capacity are NOT "on the same level." [wink]

Big grin....Suuure they are. Speedy guys with 6's can outdo fumbling guys with 8's. Of course.....(fill in the blanks) [rofl]

Which of course BOTH of you know is a DIVISION, not a class. Class is attained by shooting well. Division is decided by your equipment.

Damn, this sounds like fun, I wish I had signed up.

Read carefully Mike, only one person you directed that to said it was a class. Careful or you will be accused of having none [smile]

Damn, this sounds like fun, I wish I had signed up.

Mike,
Come on down, I believe there is room to fit you in. I'm sure if you called Jim he would be able to fit you into a time slot that would work for you.

Cuz.

8 shot revolvers do not always have an advantage. It is all in the math skills of the shooter. I have used an 8 shot and actually prefer my 6 shot only because I reload it faster. It usually only comes out to 1 extra reload.

This is true, unless you miss a lot, in which case it doesn't matter what you are shooting. I also prefer a 6 shot. I watched too many people struggle to get that 8 - shot moon clip loaded fast enough. I'm sure there is an advantage at the higher levels where Mr. Parker shoots, but at my level it doesn't seem to make enough difference for me to run out and buy an 8 shot.

-Cuz.

8 shot revolvers do not always have an advantage. It is all in the math skills of the shooter. I have used an 8 shot and actually prefer my 6 shot only because I reload it faster. It usually only comes out to 1 extra reload.

One extra reload is the difference in winning and losing between two shooters of comparable ability.

1st, looking forward to shooting the Walls of Steel tomorrow, looks like a great weekend
for it and if you haven't signed up give Jim a call (his # is on the entry form page) and
see if you can get in.
I talked to him last night and Sat. looks to have some slots open as well as a few Sunday
if I heard him right.

Second, 6 shooters and 8 shooters,
As Gammon stated, 1 extra reload can make the diff, I think I can reload a 6 shot as
fast as an 8 shooter off a table but if I have to do it one extra time I'll be down 2-3 more
seconds, and I can miss really fast with the rest of youse so make that 2 extra reloads [smile]
They do 6 shot max for NJ steel and tried 6 shot max for stock revo in 2008 for the PSA,
the PSA folks will be up this weekend so I'll have to ask if they got any feed back on that
whether it was a good thing or not.
Myself, I like the idea since it allows an even playing field and so many people have 6
shot revolvers that hardly get used.
Any L frame, K frame or GP 100 can be moonclipped for less than $100 and still use
regular speed loaders after for folks that shoot IDPA. Ammo's cheaper too I believe.

Okay, that's all I got time for, see you at the shoot.
Call Jim and sign up, too nice of a weekend to let it slip by !

Superb weather this morning - once I found the place. MapQuest wasn't great and the absence of a sign at the intersection of Douglas Pike added 20+ minutes to my time.

What - more importantly, WHERE - are these "$10 gift certificates" that were spoken of?

None in MY booklet. Nice T-shirts, though.

Superb weather this morning - once I found the place. MapQuest wasn't great and the absence of a sign at the intersection of Douglas Pike added 20+ minutes to my time.

What - more importantly, WHERE - are these "$10 gift certificates" that were spoken of?

Most importantly... Did you have fun?

I'll be there at 2pm tomorrow.

I hate to admit it but I couldn't find the place. Maybe it was that missing sign. Maybe next year.

Back
Top Bottom