• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Walls of Steel" 2008

what raxafarian said,

I'd love to come down to RI and shoot again, a weekend in October would
be nice ?? during leaf peeper season maybe ??

And sorry about the date mix up at MRA, I was typing fast, sorry RGS,
me getting to MRA on a Friday afternoon just ain't in the cards.

For those of us who need to shoot some more steel, have a look at:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=567581#post567581
Follow the link contained therein for more details.

PS. Jim, I'm sorry if I've hijacked your thread, but I thought it would be of interest to you as well as all the folks that shot last week. Aw hell, I'm not really sorry, you'd probably love shooting that match without all the organizational headaches.

PS. Jim, I'm sorry if I've hijacked your thread, but I thought it would be of interest to you as well as all the folks that shot last week. Aw hell, I'm not really sorry, you'd probably love shooting that match without all the organizational headaches.

Bill, no harm no foul. A bunch of us from Rhode Island have actually been going to this match for the past three or four years. It is because of this match and PSA Shootout that I started "Walls of Steel". It's a fun match with some challenging stages and they give away a lot of guns. In fact, I think they give out the most of any match that I've been to. I would definitely recommend this match to anyone who likes the multiple stage falling steel type of match.

Kimber45

Just out of curiosity, would anyone out there be up to another six stage match held on a Saturday or Sunday with a smaller entry fee? Say $20.00 per gun with a two gun limit? We would have morning and afternoon squads and limit everyone to one gun per time slot. Just thought I would ask. Kimber45

I would be in. I have always wanted to try a falling steel match.

This coming Sunday, October 12th, we will be having a three stage steel plate match for anyone interested at Wallum Lake. There will be between 20 and 30 targets for each stage. Same format as "Walls of Steel" only on a smaller scale. Three stages instead of six and only a five dollar entry fee. Probably the last shoot of the year outside at Wallum so come on down if you can. Thanks.

This coming Sunday, October 12th, we will be having a three stage steel plate match for anyone interested at Wallum Lake. There will be between 20 and 30 targets for each stage. Same format as "Walls of Steel" only on a smaller scale. Three stages instead of six and only a five dollar entry fee. Probably the last shoot of the year outside at Wallum so come on down if you can. Thanks.

Thanks Kimber45!
Finally you guys are back to shooting STEEEEEL. I can hardly wait. See you Sunday.

-Cuz.

I will be there. Atleast 2 shooters are coming with me as well. I have a few questions.

1) What time does the shooting start?

2) Will this be shot out of a holster or off of a table?

3) How much ammo should I bring?

Any other advice about shooting this type of a match would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt [grin]

Last edited:
Matt,
The match starts at 11:00 AM. You can shoot from a low ready position or draw from a holster. Shooters choice. You can also reload from a belt or the table. Again, shooters choice. As for ammo I would recommend bringing at least 150 rounds. You won't need a heavy load by any means. The targets are calibrated for a very light load. Factory 9mm will take them down with ease. You can also shoot any class you want. Stock and open auto, stock and open revolver. Just $5.00 per gun. Feel free to ask another questions you might have.
Kimber45

Last edited:
I was there. Jim & his crew put on a fine match. It was a good day & a lot of fun. Jim, Thank you again for running such a fun match.

Back
Top Bottom