• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Walls of Steel" 2008

JKelly,
Our RO was Jim P. He's a good guy and I thought he did a great job. I'll have to find some time later to post a few of the pics I took.

-Cuz.

Still getting used to plate shooting after a 20+ year layoff from PPC and Bullseye. I agree....Jim P. has been a very good RO...based on the times I have fired with him as RO. He is safety conscious, yet relaxed, and does a good job...IMHO.

Our RO was Jim P. He's a good guy and I thought he did a great job.---Cuz
I thought he was very good too.

Respectfully,

jkelly

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I did this right or not, but hopefully these are the pics of the six stages. There was lots of fun and lots of steel. Can't wait until next year...

Deleted this feeble attempt to post pics. Got it working a couple of posts down...

Last edited:
You know, posting pics shouldn't be this hard... Or rather, maybe us users should learn to follow instructions. :)

Stage 1:
Stage_01a.JPG

Stage 2:
Stage_02a.JPG

Stage 3:
Stage_03a.JPG

Stage 4:
Stage_04a.JPG

Stage 5:
Stage_05a.JPG

Stage 6:
Stage_06a.JPG

Whew, amazing, follow the directions and it works every time!
Enjoy,
-Cuz.

Last edited:
LOL. Almost there bro. Now if you just put stage 1 there, the one with all of the poppers, instead of stage 6.... nice job with the pics though. Thanks!

Last edited:
LOL. Almost there bro. Now if you just put stage 1 there instead of stage 6.... nice job with the pics though. Thanks!

Whoa, how did I do that??? No matter, I fixed it. Wouldn't want to forget about Stage 1, that was a real blast. No small targets to trip over on that one, just blast away, but of course, I still managed to miss a few times.

Thanks again to Jim and the rest of the folks at Wallum Lake for doing such a great job. I also want to add thanks to Chris from GT Targets. It had to be a ton of work to haul all that steel up there to shoot at on stage 3. Those drop springy targets were pretty cool to shoot at. Lots of movement with the bounce factor.

-Cuz.

Any idea when the scores will be posted?

Jim wrote a few posts back it will be a couple weeks,
patience grass hopper [smile]
Yes that may seem like a long time for results, start the whining now [crying]

And....if you liked this kind of shooting MRA will be shooting this same type
Sept. 5th in Woburn MA @ 1:00pm
Not as grand a scale as WoS but fun just the same, 3 runs 25 pcs of falling
steel and if the mood is right, Richie will even change the setup each time [laugh2]

Later

Jim wrote a few posts back it will be a couple weeks,
patience grass hopper [smile]
Yes that may seem like a long time for results, start the whining now [crying]

And....if you liked this kind of shooting MRA will be shooting this same type
Sept. 5th in Woburn MA @ 1:00pm
Not as grand a scale as WoS but fun just the same, 3 runs 25 pcs of falling
steel and if the mood is right, Richie will even change the setup each time [laugh2]

Later

So, If I drive all the way to MRA on that Friday, you gonna have steel for me?

This will be on a Friday? Just checking. Fridays are actually good for me. I might try to make it. Especially if Gary will be there[smile]!!!!!!! Last time I came, it was a blast!!!!!

Donna

Stage 5 KILLED me. I had a bullet dislodge under recoil, jamming the cylinder solid. Quadrupled my time on that stage.

Stage 5 KILLED me. I had a bullet dislodge under recoil, jamming the cylinder solid. Quadrupled my time on that stage.
Sorry to hear that...it can make a good day go bad....fast. What day/time did you shoot? I RO'd on Sunday and had a guy on the squad that I stayed with have big problems with two different pieces. His revolver had a set screw for the cylinder arm/shaft that would not hold. It kept backing out so that the cylinder was "free" and not held in place. Needless to say, he could not function and fire. His semi had a "jam" that would not clear. It appeared to be either a ruptured case or a link pin that snapped. Either way, the slide would not move. Piece was bagged and put away. I truly felt sorry for this guy. He came to the event to compete in two divisions...and got totally screwed up in both due to equipment. Guess he will be taking a long, hard look at what he has in the coming weeks. [grin]

Scrivener,
This is not the first time this has happened to you. I think it's time to increase the crimp a little on your loads.

-Cuz.

Well I have to say I'm actually pleased with my scores. Considering how much I hate steel and the fact that my knees shake when I see it, I think I did pretty good. And seeing those 6 stages for the first time [shocked]made more than my knees shake!!!!!!

Donna

Preliminary results have been posted at www.wallsofsteel.com.
Please let me know if there are any problems or questions.
Kimber45

Thanks Kimber45, that was way better than waiting "weeks" for the results. The only problem I have is that you finished 4 spots ahead of me. :(
We were actually kinda close until stage 6 when I just about doubled your time. Congratulations on a top 5 finish. That's pretty darn good considering the list of entrants.

You just wait until next year... [grin]

-Cuz.

Thanks Cuz, Coming from someone of your caliber(pun intended) that means a lot to me. I intentionally said it would take a couple of weeks to get the scores up to keep the pressure off of us a little. Remember these are only the preliminary results. We'll have to double and triple check everything before posting the "Official" results just to be fair to everyone. I want to avoid making any mistakes as best as possible. I thought I did reasonably well considering the week we had prepping for the match. I was hoping to post a better score with the open to tell you the truth but I will take the excuse that I had a broken ejector for the first three stages.Whether anyone will let me get away with that excuse remains to be seen. Luckily I was squadded with a great group of people who helped me figure out what the problem was and one of them even had a replacement ejector in his bag of tricks which enabled me to finish the match with some degree of confidence. Thanks Paul Dandini and Dave Parker! You guys were great for helping me out. Just out of curiosity, would anyone out there be up to another six stage match held on a Saturday or Sunday with a smaller entry fee? Say $20.00 per gun with a two gun limit? We would have morning and afternoon squads and limit everyone to one gun per time slot. Just thought I would ask. Kimber45

Whether anyone will let me get away with that excuse remains to be seen.

Excuse? Excuses? Excuse me. [rofl]

Just out of curiosity, would anyone out there be up to another six stage match held on a Saturday or Sunday with a smaller entry fee? Say $20.00 per gun with a two gun limit? We would have morning and afternoon squads and limit everyone to one gun per time slot. Just thought I would ask. Kimber45

Sounds good to me !

Just out of curiosity, would anyone out there be up to another six stage match held on a Saturday or Sunday with a smaller entry fee? Say $20.00 per gun with a two gun limit? We would have morning and afternoon squads and limit everyone to one gun per time slot. Just thought I would ask. Kimber45

Definitely (depending on the dates... my weekend schedules are getting full)

I need the practice [grin]

You can definitely count me in.
Bill McCurdy

That sounds like an excellent idea. I am definitely in for two guns (stock auto and Revo) if you want to do that. A Saturday sounds interesting, but if it ends up being on a Sunday I'd prefer if you just converted on of the regular monthly matches you have on the 1st or 2nd Sunday of the month to a bigger match. The real question is would you be able to get the help necessary to do it?

-Cuz.

I don't think help would be a problem. If we had to we could just send a squad off with a timer and score sheets and trust them to record the scores correctly and honestly. Seeing that we all carry guns I really don't think that would be a problem.[grin]
Anyway, like I said, it's a thought. If we get enough interest we can make it a definite.

Kimber45

Well, now that I have a better idea how to GET to Wallum Lake, yes.

When?

Back
Top Bottom