Violent home invasion on my STREET last night..

Thank You..... all I hear on here is the paranoia but it seems that everytime a law abiding citizen uses a firearm legitimately in self defense there are no charges...... Where is this basis of paranoia?

Just like the gun laws, people in this state like to make laws up to create their own brand of paranoia. It's been engrained in this society from the Kennedy culture......

+1 million on Knuckle Dragger's OP......it's way more refreshing than the typical sheepie crap.

She lives in MA? I thought they jailed anybody who fired a gun down there.

Thus the paranoid stereotype....people from out of state think we can't do anything here......

Believe it or not.......the majority of us in MA shoot our guns all the time, shoot on deer/small game with a guns in MA, and conceal carry our pistols regularly. All with no issues..........CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE IT!!!!

BTT......

Jen hun - 1st: DO NOT put up any signs like "Forget the dog, beware of the owner" or "Property protected by Smith and Wesson" - not good. DA will use that against you if it's brought to court.

2nd - have you checked in to getting a home alarm? Brinks just changed their name - I forget to what. There's also ADC. I have Brinks - it's 31.99 a month and that includes warranty cost for replacement of equipment. Granted, nothing protects better than a firearm, but when the alarm goes off during the night, the BG will KNOW you've got an alarm.

There hasn't been anything in the paper, but the Standard Times is always a day late, and a dollar short..
The only sign we have is Beware of Dog.. I don't plan on putting any others up.. The alarm idea is in the thinking phase..

There hasn't been anything in the paper, but the Standard Times is always a day late, and a dollar short..
The only sign we have is Beware of Dog.. I don't plan on putting any others up.. The alarm idea is in the thinking phase..

BTW - if you have home owners insurance, you should get a discount on that if you get an alarm system. [smile]

2nd - have you checked in to getting a home alarm? Brinks just changed their name - I forget to what. There's also ADC. I have Brinks - it's 31.99 a month and that includes warranty cost for replacement of equipment. Granted, nothing protects better than a firearm, but when the alarm goes off during the night, the BG will KNOW you've got an alarm.

Brinks is now Broadview Security

http://www.broadviewsecurity-home.com

I have them. I was not happy with the response time on one accidental triggering, but have otherwise been very happy with them.

They cost, for the basic package, $49 install and $31.99/month

So for the first year it is: 49 + 12*31.99 = $432.88

However, having an active alarm system that's monitored saves me 15% of my entire homeowners policy, or $283/year, every year. I faxed the insurance company proof of install, and I got a check in the mail for the full year savings since it's paid in advance.

Next year it is just 12*31.99, without the install fee, or $383.88, less the $283 I will save on insurance, for a total cost of $100.88 or $8.40/month.

Say what you want about it, it's certainly worth $8.40/month to me. YMMV.

I live in New Bedford and like any city there are good sections and not so good sections. I really have to think that if I were looking to rob someone I would go to the nice section of town to do it, there would be a better chance of getting more cash. So it's not a bad neighborhood just because there was a home invasion, just means the thief was looking for someone who had $$$
An alarm is always a good idea.

BTW - if you have home owners insurance, you should get a discount on that if you get an alarm system. [smile]

AAANNDD, nothing wakes YOU up and lets you know a BG is potentially in the house like an alarm! I've got one and it goes on every night.

Back
Top Bottom