Violent home invasion on my STREET last night..

There was a case here not all that long ago where a guy shot a robber in the back, and got off.. I need to find that article..

That stinks Jenlynn. [shocked] I lived in NB briefly, & I work in the area a lot. What's happening to the area, which is really a nice coastal city, is a shame.

That stinks Jenlynn. [shocked] I lived in NB briefly, & I work in the area a lot. What's happening to the area, which is really a nice coastal city, is a shame.

Itis a shame.. There is so much potential for this city, unfortunately there is also a high percentage of ghetto and ghetto inhabitants.. (no offense if any of you live in the ghetto) [laugh]

Let's just try to be factual and keep unwarranted paranoia to a minimum. There's already way too much justifiable paranoia to worry about!

I think what should be added to this is that in a situation like jennylynn is hypothesizing, it is important that someone not focus on their second amendment rights and don't go exercising their 1st amendment rights. Focus on the 4th and 5th amendments, shut the hell up and demand to see a lawyer. It will ensure you are treated the most fairly you can be.

Here is the statement you are to make. "I am not trying to be uncooperative with your investigation but I must insist on saying nothing further until I have an attorney present."

Anyone who is in any type of traumatizing situation will feel an urgent need to unload that on someone by talking. Do not let that feeling overwhelm you. Your lawyer will be happy to listen to every detail of what happened. He or she is the only person you should talk to or listen to. Save it for the lawyer.

Last edited:
It freaks me out, because it was a little too close to home.. My husband works 24 hour shifts, which leaves me to protect myself, and children.. Can I do it?? absolutely!! Do I want to be in that situation?? Absolutely not!!

It freaks me out, because it was a little too close to home.. My husband works 24 hour shifts, which leaves me to protect myself, and children.. Can I do it?? absolutely!! Do I want to be in that situation?? Absolutely not!!

You could make a sign that says "Forget the dog, Beware of wife" then in small print And she shoots better them me ;-)

Say what you will cross my threshold and your going down, questions welcomed from the local PD.

I did not become a " Licensed " gun owner so I could show all my friends how pretty it looks in it's original box and nicely tucked away in my safe out of harms way.

Oh and this is the stuff I use to polish it and make it all shinny, but don't touch it, I hate finger prints, I must keep my gun clean and shiny so the mere site of it's beauty will scare off the offender raping my wife in the next room and terrorizing my children.

PLEASE!!!! cross my threshold and your going down, Ask your questions, then look down for the answers.

Nothing more to add, except I love this site but I notice we have a lot of paranoid Nanny's here with all the answers. ( No offense ). Self defense is just that self defense, if you un-load a 10 round mag on somebody yes there might be issues of extreme violence on your part, but one per bad guy is well within your right to protect you and yours.
rant.png

P.S. I also became a " Licensed " gun owner because I love the sport of it all and the comadre.

Last edited:
Say what you will cross my threshold and your going down, questions welcomed from the local PD.

I did not become a " Licensed " gun owner so I could show all my friends how pretty it looks in it's original box and nicely tucked away in my safe out of harms way.

PM cross-x, hicksonj or jessecohen, say hi and introduce yourself. One of them will become very wealthy representing you...

PM cross-x, hicksonj or jessecohen, say hi and introduce yourself. One of them will become very wealthy representing you...

My comment stands, and Hello gentleman nice to meet you. would be happy to Retain one of you if ever I am put in the position of protecting my loved ones, and it has to be justified. But thankfully that has not been the case in 42 years and counting.
----------

Section 8A. It shall be an act of lawful defense if a person, who is an occupant of a
dwelling or in any place that they have a right to be, used deadly force, or less than deadly force,
if he or she acted in the reasonable belief that an assailant was about to inflict great bodily injury
or death upon themselves or upon another person who also had a right to be in the location.
There shall be no duty on a person to retreat from any place that they have a right to be. An act
of lawful defense as outlined in this section shall not be cause for arrest or prosecution. Further,
an act of lawful defense under this section shall not be cause for the revocation of a firearm
identification card issued under Chapter 140.

Last edited:
It is one of the things that Knuckle Dragger linked to.

Yep, the fourth link. The gentleman in that link lost his LTC. I don't believe there will be a civil suit over wrongful death; his defense bankrupted him.

I have told my wife that if I am ever in that situation to call the attorney that represented him. I will not be talking to the authorities until he is there.

If it's too late to SSS, then plan B is LUSU: Lawyer Up, Shut Up.

I am little, and sweet in person, and have never ever been in any trouble.. I think that might work in my favor.. [smile]
I can only hope.. [wink]

Yep, the fourth link. The gentleman in that link lost his LTC. I don't believe there will be a civil suit over wrongful death; his defense bankrupted him.

I have told my wife that if I am ever in that situation to call the attorney that represented him. I will not be talking to the authorities until he is there.

If it's too late to SSS, then plan B is LUSU: Lawyer Up, Shut Up.

Well at least he didn't get in trouble. [thinking]

Let's just try to be factual and keep unwarranted paranoia to a minimum. There's already way too much justifiable paranoia to worry about!

Thank You..... all I hear on here is the paranoia but it seems that everytime a law abiding citizen uses a firearm legitimately in self defense there are no charges...... Where is this basis of paranoia?

We Ma**h***s are born with it, it's not our fault. Seriously, the last thing you should be talking about is the shitstorm that comes after a shitstorm. I think some of you should sell your guns. You can't hire a lawyer if you are dead.

I know.. I told my husband I want to go to a secure apartment building.. Screw the backyard, and view of the beach..[frown]

I thought I lived in one of those but people tailgate you as you come thru the gate, so it's not really my idea of "gated". About two weeks ago someone tried to steal my motorcycle while i was dropping my daughter of at daycare. I was gone from my place for an hour! I keep it chained, covered and parked in front of my car. I have always been a fan of keeping a low profile but you better believe the NRA sticker was on the window of my car that day!! Hopefully they can read if they try again.

Point is you never know if someone is watching your moves. Keep your eyes open and your doors secure. Good luck to you and your neighbor.

Thank You..... all I hear on here is the paranoia but it seems that everytime a law abiding citizen uses a firearm legitimately in self defense there are no charges...... Where is this basis of paranoia?

Thats why its paranoia. If it was based in fact it wouldn't be paranoia.

Botom line is that if a guy is in your home doing bad things and you shoot him (unless he is fleeing) you will not have problems.

If the situation is questionable, ex: you invited him in to sell him drugs and he flipped out. Well then thats different.

Don

p.s. Things get much murkier out on the street. But in the home, it is usually pretty clean.

Section 8A. It shall be an act of lawful defense if a person, who is an occupant of a
dwelling or in any place that they have a right to be, used deadly force, or less than deadly force,
if he or she acted in the reasonable belief that an assailant was about to inflict great bodily injury
or death upon themselves or upon another person who also had a right to be in the location.
There shall be no duty on a person to retreat from any place that they have a right to be. An act
of lawful defense as outlined in this section shall not be cause for arrest or prosecution. Further,
an act of lawful defense under this section shall not be cause for the revocation of a firearm
identification card issued under Chapter 140.

"...if he or she acted in the reasonable belief that an assailant was about to inflict great bodily injury or death upon themselves or upon another person..."

While you may feel that anyone who crosses the threshold into your property may pose enough of a threat to shoot, the local PD and a jury might not agree with you. If someone enters my home uninvited, their chance of getting shot instantly goes up a great deal, but it's not a sure thing.

<snip I notice we have a lot of paranoid Nanny's here spreading disinformation. <snip>

Nearly correct, fixed it for you. [wink] +rep's inbound.

See: Agent provocateur
An agent provocateur is a person assigned to provoke unrest, violence, debate or argument by or within a group while acting as a member of the group but covertly representing the interests of another. In general, agents provacateur seek to secretly disrupt a group's activities from within the group.

Agents provocatuer are employed to disrupt or discredit a group by performing acts for which the group will be falsely accused, by leading the group into activities that they would not otherwise pursue or by creating discord between group members. Provacateurs may encourage illegal acts, recomend belligerant tactics a group might otherwise reject, spread false rumors intended to provoke hasty action by a group, spread malicious rumors within a group about a group member or employ other tactics intended to provoke improper action by a group or to divert a group from its chosen purpose. An agent provocateur might attempt to implicate as an accomplice an innocent target who the agent unwittingly involves in a crime or criminal conspiracy.

Agents provocateur sometimes try to disrupt a group by creating discord between group members. They may argue for unity, while themselves promoting diviseness. They may argue against factionalism, while consistently advancing the positions or actions of one faction in the group. Disruptive group members might not be agents provocateur if they do not represent an outside interest; the term "agent" usually implies representation of or employment by another interest.

See also; F.U.D.
Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. Also known as scare tactics, either accomplished by threat or making the opponent doubt his standpoint. Not only used in lawsuits, but also in politics and military propaganda.

there are very few random home invasions.

Usually it is drug or money related.

Asians who own businesses have been victims numerous times, usually at the hands of an employee or an aquaintence of an employee who tips the BG's off.

Funny you say that, the only "home invasion" around here was an Asian family that owns a nail salon, which is generally a cash business.

Back
Top Bottom