• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Violent home invasion on my STREET last night..

A house 4 down from us was broken into last night.. They held the guy at gunpoint, and robbed him. I heard he has quite a few stitches, but otherwise ok.. When I heard, I wanted to puke...[shocked]

What location did this happen. From the police logs in the local (plymouth,kingston,carver area)papers. Drug arrest and B&E are on the rise.
Not much word on residents home when B&E take place.
Any word on what the got?

there are very few random home invasions.

Usually it is drug or money related.

Asians who own businesses have been victims numerous times, usually at the hands of an employee or an aquaintence of an employee who tips the BG's off.

Then there are the drug dealers..

Then there are just cops busting down the wrong door and having a little fun as long as they are there.

Between the car break and this, don't you think it's time to move?

What location did this happen. From the police logs in the local (plymouth,kingston,carver area)papers. Drug arrest and B&E are on the rise.
Not much word on residents home when B&E take place.
Any word on what the got?

The story is not in the papers yet.. I heard from another neighbor(right next to the guy) this morning at my sons football game.. I'll let you know when I hear more.. The guy appears to be wealthy from the outside, he drives a very nice, very new merceded convertible..
I am in New Bedford..

Poor misguided people. They were just trying to provide food for there families. I'm sure they would have left if you cooked them a meal for there 6 kids? And maybe paid for there health insurance for a year or two. This is Massachusetts where only nice people and unicorns live.

If that were my neighborhood I'd have the pistol-la under the pillow for the next month or so.

I know.. I told my husband I want to go to a secure apartment building.. Screw the backyard, and view of the beach..[frown]

Sorry to hear about the decline in the neighborhood. Your area could still be a very nice one; it only takes one or two dirtbags to affect an entire area.

I'm sure the perps will be trying to turn their lives around....[rolleyes]

That sucks. I'd also suggest moving. I used to live in an apartment on a crappy street of an otherwise nice town. My wife was home one day and I had just come home from work to find police everywhere. It turns out robbers had busted open the two units next to and above our apartment, and there were screwdriver marks around the lock of our door yet they didn't get in ours (not sure what made them abort their attempt)! My wife was oblivious and didn't notice anything going on, not even the police everywhere, until I entered the apartment.

Anyway, couple months later, we had bought a house and were out of there! Enough of that!

Think it over. You aren't ever going to be 100% safe anywhere. There are even home invasions going on now, with robbery as he motive, on dirt roads out in the country. An apt. might make you safer from that sort of an attack, but it will open you up to other sorts of crime issues that will counter your reduced threat to home invasion.

there are very few random home invasions.

Usually it is drug or money related.

Asians who own businesses have been victims numerous times, usually at the hands of an employee or an aquaintence of an employee who tips the BG's off.

Then there are just cops busting down the wrong door and having a little fun as long as they are there.

Between the car break and this, don't you think it's time to move?

Yep that's what we do at work, "bust down the wrong door" and then "have a little fun as long as we are there" give me a break, tossing in your dislike of the cops with drug dealing gang banging home invaders.

Yes, this neighborhood isn't as safe as I once thought...

I guess not.

I know.. I told my husband I want to go to a secure apartment building.. Screw the backyard, and view of the beach..[frown]

Doesn't it suck when your otherwise peaceful existence is turned upside down by some douchebags just a couple of houses down the street. I know what it is like so I feel for you.

Why would you think that? You wouldn't have done anything illegal or wrong. You'd get asked a lot of questions, but there's no reason to think you'd be jailed.

In MASS? I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Why would you think that? You wouldn't have done anything illegal or wrong. You'd get asked a lot of questions, but there's no reason to think you'd be jailed.

Not waiting for the police to come rescue her is enough reason to arrest her. Harming the home invader is all that is needed for persecution in this state. (persecution is NOT mispelled)

Not waiting for the police to come rescue her is enough reason to arrest her. Harming the home invader is all that is needed for persecution in this state. (persecution is NOT mispelled)

Nonsense. Show me where you have a duty to endure assault while waiting for the police. We really need to stop perpetuating this unfounded myth that if your act lawfully in the confines of your home you will be prosecuted (or persecuted). It’s just BS. IF the OP wants to shoot a burglar she’d be fine.

We have numerous examples of people using firearms lawfully and NOT being prosecuted. Yet, I can’t recall a single case of someone defending themselves in a home invasion and being prosecuted.

Case 1: We have a Boston resident kill and intruder. Not prosecuted, keeps his LTC. BTW, did I say this was Boston?

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=129219&highlight=jamaica+plain#post129219

We’ve got a recent case in Wilbraham where a gentleman killed an uninvited visitor. No Charges.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65594&highlight=WILBRAHAM

As an obscure foot note to a Dorchester shooting we have a lawful gun owner that returned fire on the street and wasn’t charged. No way to know what happened to his LTC, but no reason to think it was revoked.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49035

And then we have this guy that was charged after shooting an intruder, albeit under questionable circumstances. Luckily he was acquitted,

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18051&highlight=bedford+man+murder

Finally, I’m well acquainted with someone who was involved in a fatal shooting several years back. No charges, no loss of his rights (or privileges since this is Mass.)

If you’re acting lawfully in your home, there’s no reason to think you’ll be charged with a crime. You’ll answer a lot of questions, but why would you be charged?

If you want to worry about something, worry about the wrongful death suit.

Yep that's what we do at work, "bust down the wrong door" and then "have a little fun as long as we are there" give me a break, tossing in your dislike of the cops with drug dealing gang banging home invaders.

Here we go again! [popcorn]

Back OT, glad you and your family are safe. Whether you decide to move or not, beef up the security a bit and stay alert. Hopefully this wasn't a random invasion and hopefully it was the only one.

Apartment buildings are not inherently secure.

Amen, I lived in Charlesbank Apts (Waltham) before I bought my house. Front door was secured, ring buzzer and get buzzed in. Back door was ALWAYS unlocked (violation of the Boston Strangler Law wrt apts having to be secured).

Recently had to serve papers in a large apt complex. Nice place, tons of apts (Franklin). Frt door had a lookup tenant and it dials their phone deal. Only ~6 tenant names listed! Oh well, go to door, it pulls open (door doesn't shut all the way so electronic lock is worthless).

In MA, MGLs on self-defense in the home is an "affirmative defense" . . . translation is that you can (and oftentimes WILL) be charged and YOU must raise the exemption as YOUR DEFENSE! In a case like this, it means you are out mega-bucks for a criminal defense lawyer and have an arrest record. It doesn't happen every time, but much too often to ignore.

Back
Top Bottom