• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPS Lost my firearm?

Nothing loosey-goosey about UPS. They probably even have a corporate standard as to how many sheets of toilet paper to use per wipe.

I was talking with a guy that had worked in one of the sorting centers. He told the supervisor, "I need a bathroom break." He was told to hold it. "I really need a bathroom break!" Again, he was told to wait. So he watered the leg of the conveyor. Supervisor goes ballistic: "You're fired! Now clean that up!"

"Sorry, you just fired me, you clean it up," he replied, and walked out.

Gotta get your Order of Operations straight! [laugh]

Was it routed through Shrewsbury? Someone in that facility made off with a good order of powder and primers in early March...I would have thought someone at UPS might be concerned given the contents but they handled it as though a waffle iron went missing...

Was it routed through Shrewsbury? Someone in that facility made off with a good order of powder and primers in early March...I would have thought someone at UPS might be concerned given the contents but they handled it as though a waffle iron went missing...
For powder and primers that go missing, are you required to notify anyone in the gov?

I didn’t see anything on ATF. Common carriers are governed by DOT, nothing on their site either. I assume UPS must have some reporting obligation..

I was talking with a guy that had worked in one of the sorting centers. He told the supervisor, "I need a bathroom break." He was told to hold it. "I really need a bathroom break!" Again, he was told to wait. So he watered the leg of the conveyor. Supervisor goes ballistic: "You're fired! Now clean that up!"

"Sorry, you just fired me, you clean it up," he replied, and walked out.

Gotta get your Order of Operations straight! [laugh]

Sorry.....this one pegged my bullshit meter.

Next time you see your friend, relay a message for me....."You are full of shit"

Thanks!

Show up in person and request
1) speak directly to the building supervisor.
2) a direct phone number and email for them and a higher up in command.
3)tell them you are going to and actually contact ATF and your local licensing authority of the situation.

You are required to notify of lost or stolen firearms and it can be a cause for loss of license. Like someone already said, you are past the point where it is a cover your ass situation.

Sounds like a job for Karen.

3)tell them you are going to and actually contact ATF and your local licensing authority of the situation.

You are required to notify of lost or stolen firearms and it can be a cause for loss of license. Like someone already said, you are past the point where it is a cover your ass situation.

This guy knows what time it is.

Definitely do this..Scare them into finding the package !

some gave me the number to HR to see if i could get in contact with anyone onsite.
I’ve gotten the number before to the distribution center. You can’t call in, it’s a call out only. I would imagine it isn’t actually lost if there just hasn’t been movement in a bit. They’ve been pretty swamped lately and I’ve had a few of my packages go dark for a week or so and then magically show up this past month. Your best bet is to call up and ask to speak to a supervisor (this is the key), tell them what’s in the package, and ask them (very nicely) to open a trace or investigation on it. This will trigger someone at the distribution center actually looking into it and physically going to look for the box. You’ll get a call back that day and they’ll tell you what’s actually up.

I tried calling the HR number and didn’t have any feedback. It was only an answering machine and wouldn’t allow me to transfer.
I dont understand. Didnt you already speak with them and the ATF, and didnt the seller report the gun as lost?

What are you trying to do now?

Public Service Announcement.

I just discovered a few minutes ago UPS is now billing a surcharge of $24.00 per package for packages over 50 lbs. o_O

A big policy change with a huge surcharge and no announcement to customers. Very sneaky.

Not really, though. If they are a seller, that implies you are a buyer, and as such, you aint having a gun shipped directly to you if you just bought it.
You are reading too much into it.

The point is, the person shipping it reported it. I dont care if it's a manufacturer, a dealer, a distributor or his cousin, if it was a new gun or a repair. It was reported. Period.

Quick update for anyone interested. I got a call from UPS who stated they might have found the package in Brockton, looks like it was "misrouted" and possibly sitting in a trailer. They are going to see if they can get someone at the facility to put hands on it today.

Also, I learned that the emails UPS send out are automated. Just because it says its in location X and will be delivered between time Y does not mean that it is truly in those locations. It is computer based emails sent out without validation for expected delivery times. Hopefully they find the box and I have it in within the next week.

I appreciate all of the suggestions and tips.

Last edited:
Quick update for anyone interested. I got a call from UPS who stated they might have found the package in Brockton, looks like it was "misrouted" and possibly sitting in a trailer. They are going to see if they can get someone at the facility to put hands on it today.

Also, I learned that the emails UPS send out are automated. Just because it says its in location X and will be delivered between time Y does not mean that it is truly in those locations. It is computer based emails sent out without validation for expected delivery times. Hopefully they find the box and I have it in within the next week.

I appreciate all of the suggestions and tips.

Have it within the next week? Seriously? If someone puts hands on it, it should be given directly to someone in charge, put into a company vehicle with said person in charge and driven directly to your location. It has already been lost, so they are just going to throw it back into the system? That's seriously f***ed up.

Back
Top Bottom