Updated: Healey (Signed) Letter (7/25) from Joint Committee on the Judiciary

That's a good point. When do people start suing gun shops for selling them illegal guns? I'm sure people here won't but don't think there are not a few our there that will. Maybe that will finally get them in the fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One might wonder who the AGO talked to at the EOPS, the receptionist?

One might also wonder what public records requests to the AGO, EOPS and Governor's Office for "all records of communications between the AGO, EOPS and Governor's office relative to the 20 July 2016 AG directive on assault weapons for the period of 1 April 2016 to 1 August 2016" might turn up.

Anybody file one of these yet? I would be happy to send it in, but probably cannot fund the total cost it would entail.

include "...the AGO, EOPS, Senate and House Leadership, and the Governors office?

Last edited:
That's a good point. When do people start suing gun shops for selling them illegal guns? I'm sure people here won't but don't think there are not a few our there that will. Maybe that will finally get them in the fight.

I would expect that most of them ARE "in the fight" already. However, I would also expect that any discussions would be going on behind closed doors not on a public forum that we all know is being "monitored".

Can the dealers, please, have a sit down, issue a public statement+ a public letter to the AG office - that they're only complying due to fear of political persecution, so to make AG appear even more delusional and power hunger than she already is ?

She's quite literary saying that her illegal move must be legal because everyone is complying anyway.

This.

Thee them that they stopped selling ALL semi-auto rifles for fear of prosecution.

We need to change the wording from AR to Semi-Auto rifle. Most people believe that an AR is a select fire weapon.

We would have a lot more support if the average joe really knew what we're talking about.

Bob

The cost incurred based on having the lowest paid qualified person fulfill the request. They have to give you an estimate, which you pay in advance.[/QUOTE

Aside from GOAL and Comm2A, it would be nice if we had a really pissed off senior partner at Hale & Dorr or McDermott, or K&L whose willing to go public, blow this shit up, and Pro Bono the nightmare.

She has stated unequivocally that the AR15 is NOT a self defense weapon. It has only one use, murdering large numbers of people. Hence I expect she will confiscate them from the state and local police immediately.

I probably already saw this somewhere - but I cannot find the reference. Do you have cite for when she said this?

Yes - I've got something in mind to use it.

Aside from GOAL and Comm2A, it would be nice if we had a really pissed off senior partner at Hale & Dorr or McDermott, or K&L whose willing to go public, blow this shit up, and Pro Bono the nightmare.

Given how well connected senior partners at big law firms are, I doubt that there are too many that would want to spend their free time pissing on the establishment's shoes. But if you can find a Denny Crane, that would be awesome.

I really would not want to see that happen - simply because it would drive them under.

What I REALLY want to see happen - is that the dealers , distributors, and manufacturers get into the fight and refuse to sell to LEO.

I am of the firm belief that many if not ALL political battles are often settled behind the scenes by shennanigans that you NEVER EVEN HEAR ABOUT. If the patrolmen suddenly find out that they can no longer purchase anything but single shot rifles and revolvers - just like the rest of us - and police chiefs suddenly find out that they will not be able to purchase semi-auto pistols and rifles to outfit their patrolmen - then just like Tom Hanks said in Saving Private Ryan - the bitches are going to go up the chain.

When than happens Maura is going to get a talking to.

We have more power here than we think - the real problem is that WE REFUSE TO EXERCISE IT.

Just bitching at the politicians is NOT going to be enough to fix this problem. People in positions to influence this shit are going to have to start really feeling the heat.

- - - Updated - - -

Given how well connected senior partners at big law firms are, I doubt that there are too many that would want to spend their free time pissing on the establishment's shoes. But if you can find a Denny Crane, that would be awesome.

I'm sure there are a lot of people in positions of power - who at the very least own semi-auto pistols - and possibly even rifles.

That rifle club would not have been built in Weston recently if there wasn't a bunch of people with money who were into guns.

The more people Maura pisses off - the better. IMHO that is what we should going for. Make people "feel the burn".

Like a rogue Jack Connors - that would be epic.

Last time GOAL did a FOIA of the AG's office wrt the AG CMR, they got a bill for >$8K IIRC and what they got for it was not very much!

The AGs are expert on screwing the non-establishment folks.

The rules have changed somewhat as of June. One change is some limitation on costs:
2. The bill will require digital, as opposed to paper, responses where possible, and limit the sometimes-exorbitant fees that municipalities and the state charge for providing public information

Currently, there are few limits on the amount agencies can charge in labor fees to locate, review and copy documents, and government officials often insist on providing records on paper, allowing them to charge additional fees per page. Under the new law, state agencies will only be able to charge labor fees for requests that take more than four hours, while cities and towns with more than 20,000 residents will only be able to charge labor fees for requests that take more than two hours.

The law also limits the labor fee to $25 per hour, though cities and towns will be able to seek permission from the Supervisor of Records to charge more. And government agencies of all sizes will need permission to charge labor fees to redact documents (unless the redactions are required by law).
One won't know for sure until the request is submitted, and responded to.

I am not only sending a thank you note to Colleen Garry, but will be enclosing a check. I reward those who fight for me...

Please don't protect me

[FONT=&quot]"As elected officials, we must do all we can to protect the people of Massachusetts," Baker wrote. "Keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of those who wish to do others harm is a priority we share[/FONT]

Please don't protect me

That sounds like the BS that Warren sent me trying to "protect me" from the horrific dangers of cigar smoking. Eff them. The BOR should have had a line at the end that read

"The people, being free from birth, shall suffer no laws respecting their own person or offering protection from themselves."

I'm sure Healey could find the loopholes in that too.

I did not see on there any deadline or "respond by" date.

They should follow it up with another.

Back
Top Bottom