• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Updated: Healey (Signed) Letter (7/25) from Joint Committee on the Judiciary

These are good questions that will hopefully force her into a corner. I'll hold my breath waiting for her response.

Do they have any authority to force her to respond? At all? Could they summon her to testify?

Last edited:
Joint Committee on The Judiciary members....

https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Joint/J19

I don't recognize any of the names on the House side, but on the Senate side, there are at least 3 that are rabidly anti-gun,

William N. Brownsberger, Senate Chair

Sonia Chang-Diaz

Cynthia S. Creem

It'll be interesting to see how many actually sign this.

I know that Jim Lyons is on our side and I believe Richard Ross is as well?

Edit: Jim Lyons rated 'A' by GOAL; Richard J. Ross rated B- by GOAL

I can't help but feel that she's either going to just bedazzle them with bullshit, or not respond at at all. I know that's a bad attitude to have, but I'm just not terribly hopeful of ending this without a biblical legal battle.

Another letter,

Lawmaker blasts Healey for ‘overstepping authority’ on new gun ban

The House’s public safety chair said Attorney General Maura Healey is misusing and “overstepping her authority” with her recent ban on so-called copycat assault weapons, adding his voice to those critical of the controversial order.

State Rep. Hank Naughton, a Democrat who briefly ran against Healey in 2013 for the state’s top prosecutor spot, said Healey’s enforcement notice — announced a week ago — is vague and “confusing,” and should be weighed by lawmakers, who passed their own gun reform bill in 2014.

The pressure is starting to work. Which makes going to the State House on Saturday even more important.

Gotta say, this is going slightly better than I'd been hoping as far as other pols challenging her authoritah, albeit weakly.

Which is is really just to say I expected every single one of them to roll over until somebody filed a lawsuit.

Go, GOAL!

Another letter,

The pressure is starting to work. Which makes going to the State House on Saturday even more important.

Have you noticed, even the media is coming around?

Herald Article said:
[FONT=&quot]Healey last week issued a notice to all gun sellers and manufacturers in Massachusetts banning guns which look like the Colt AR-15 and the Kalishnikov AK-47, but have been altered by manufacturers to conform to Massachusetts’ ban on adjustable stocks, high-capacity magazines and other features.
[/FONT]

Another letter,

Makes we wish we could have Draper back. When this settles down, I think it'll prove nicely that the AGO has no idea how to provide guidance on gun laws and has no business doing so relative to Glock and other firearms. Oh, well, maybe between that lawsuit and the vagueness injected here, it'll eventually make the upcoming legislation a slam dunk to remove AGO "interpretations".

I saw this partisan gem at the bottom of the story, I wasn't aware the AGO responded to Baker's letter...
Healey’s office, in response to Baker’s letter, called it surprising and said it “mirror statements by the gun lobby.”

I can't help but feel that she's either going to just bedazzle them with bullshit, or not respond at at all. I know that's a bad attitude to have, but I'm just not terribly hopeful of ending this without a biblical legal battle.

Lawyers generally don't ask questions they don't already know the answers to.

In layman's terms, the letter reads: Are you actually retarded or are you just pretending?

That's our biggest asset right now.
Most of them don't give a crap about us , but footprints on their heads ? Oh ya.

I said basically this same thing back in 2010: CLICK HERE
So, the question becomes, "Is there anything we can do about this?"

What needs to happen is that there, yup, "needs to be a law", restricting the power of the AG. I think the legislature was pretty miffed when the AG started with all this, but were afraid to do anything. Maybe with her senatorial defeat, they will be more bold.

That's our biggest asset right now.
Most of them don't give a crap about us , but footprints on their heads ? Oh ya.

It's too bad Deleo wasn't stepped on as well. He would have blown his jowls off.
I'm thinking Baker and Deleo had some idea this was coming.
Now Charlie is seeing what kind of chaos it has caused.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY likes to be ignored or gone around when in power!

Damn right, her silence may be actually helping us for the time being. Although I would like to know the answers to number 6 and number 9.

It's too bad Deleo wasn't stepped on as well. He would have blown his jowls off.
I'm thinking Baker and Deleo had some idea this was coming.
Now Charlie is seeing what kind of chaos it has caused.

Both of them were in on it from the get go.
I'll bet the farm on it.
She already outed Charlie.
Deleo has been staying in the shadows like the roach he is.

Back
Top Bottom