Updated: Healey (Signed) Letter (7/25) from Joint Committee on the Judiciary

I know the US House of Representatives can de-fund something if they disagree. Is that also true in MA legislature?

Any chance or voting to remove her MSP details?

She has stated unequivocally that the AR15 is NOT a self defense weapon. It has only one use, murdering large numbers of people. Hence I expect she will confiscate them from the state and local police immediately.

The legislature controls the budget. It would likely require a new bill to defund a program or agency. OTOH, I think the Governor can change how executive offices spend their money. I'm not sure if that includes the AG's office. Interesting question.

I know the US House of Representatives can de-fund something if they disagree. Is that also true in MA legislature?

She has stated unequivocally that the AR15 is NOT a self defense weapon. It has only one use, murdering large numbers of people. Hence I expect she will confiscate them from the state and local police immediately.

You should tweet this out as a response in her feed.

The legislature controls the budget. It would likely require a new bill to defund a program or agency. OTOH, I think the Governor can change how executive offices spend their money. I'm not sure if that includes the AG's office. Interesting question.

This is something we should build on before the weekend is over!

Well, you can knock me over with a feather. My D- (I believe) rated Rep signed. He was no help in 2014.

All the more reason to believe that our efforts are working now. Don't slack off. Everybody show up tomorrow, even if most of us can't get inside because of the numbers.

Well, you can knock me over with a feather. My D- (I believe) rated Rep signed. He was no help in 2014.

All the more reason to believe that our efforts are working now. Don't slack off. Everybody show up tomorrow, even if most of us can't get inside because of the numbers.

My uber liberal dem rep signed. I damn near fell off the couch

As I said, even if they disagree with us, those on beacon hill with integrity should see the problem here.

Mike

It's happening, folks.

Keep it up.

Anyone going from Auburn/Worcester/Millbury area? Anyone bringing kids along? My boy wanted to make a poster, but I think we'll just try to visit the governor, DeLeo, Rosenberg, and Chandler's offices. My two, Frost and Moore, are both solidly on our side already, and I will visit them as well if there's time.

Anyone want to hand deliver letters to Spilka and Walsh for me if I scan them in and email them? I have something I can't get out of tomorrow. I do plan to call yet again.

Mike

Anyone want to hand deliver letters to Spilka and Walsh for me if I scan them in and email them? I have something I can't get out of tomorrow. I do plan to call yet again.

Mike

I can deliver to Spilka as long as it isn't anything crazy. Missed the chance for Walsh, I met with him this afternoon.

Does anyone know if there has been any response to this letter?
I think number 1 would be of most interest since if there is nothing, then her whole thing should be ignored.

How did Walsh seem?

Oh yea I was just gonna give you a letter of marque and reprisal for the AGs car.

Mike

I know Walsh signed the letter, I contacted him and he emailed me a copy he sent the AG adding his name to the original letter that was signed.

I know Walsh signed the letter, I contacted him and he emailed me a copy he sent the AG adding his name to the original letter that was signed.

The Gov didn't know nuttin [rolleyes]

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/copycat_weapon_crackdown_gov_c.html

Healey's office said that's different from what the Baker administration told them last week.
"As we prepared to announce our notice, we sought input and feedback from the Executive Office of Public Safety," Healey spokeswoman Cyndi Roy Gonzalez said in a statement. "They offered helpful feedback that we incorporated into the notice."
She added: "Given the previous discussions and briefings we had with the administration, it was surprising to receive this letter. Many of the questions raised in the letter mirror statements by the gun lobby. Dealers across the state seem to understand the notice perfectly well and have come into compliance."

Last edited:
Dealers across the state seem to understand the notice perfectly well and have come into compliance

Can the dealers, please, have a sit down, issue a public statement+ a public letter to the AG office - that they're only complying due to fear of political persecution, so to make AG appear even more delusional and power hunger than she already is ?

She's quite literary saying that her illegal move must be legal because everyone is complying anyway.

Last edited:
Can the dealers, please, have a sit down, issue a public statement+ a public letter to the AG office - that they're only complying due to fear of political percussion, so to make AG appear even more delusional and power than she already is ?

She's quite literary saying that her illegal move must be legal because everyone is complying anyway.

THIS!!! And the manufacturers too.

And why isn't there a Massachusetts Gun Retailers Assocaiation?

Can the dealers, please, have a sit down, issue a public statement+ a public letter to the AG office - that they're only complying due to fear of political persecution, so to make AG appear even more delusional and power hunger than she already is ?

It's brutal - wish some of the high volume places would speak up. They should be worried that a consumer is going to sue them for knowing selling them an illegal gun. By remaining silent, everyone is assuming they did somethig wrong.

THIS!!! And the manufacturers too.

And why isn't there a Massachusetts Gun Retailers Assocaiation?

They need to pull a Voltron and get together. IIRC, people from every Market Basket pulled together a few years ago and a hell of a statement.

The Gov didn't know nuttin [rolleyes]

http://www.masslive.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/copycat_weapon_crackdown_gov_c.html
Healey's office said that's different from what the Baker administration told them last week.
"As we prepared to announce our notice, we sought input and feedback from the Executive Office of Public Safety," Healey spokeswoman Cyndi Roy Gonzalez said in a statement. "They offered helpful feedback that we incorporated into the notice."
She added: "Given the previous discussions and briefings we had with the administration, it was surprising to receive this letter. Many of the questions raised in the letter mirror statements by the gun lobby. Dealers across the state seem to understand the notice perfectly well and have come into compliance."
One might wonder who the AGO talked to at the EOPS, the receptionist?

One might also wonder what public records requests to the AGO, EOPS and Governor's Office for "all records of communications between the AGO, EOPS and Governor's office relative to the 20 July 2016 AG directive on assault weapons for the period of 1 April 2016 to 1 August 2016" might turn up.

Back
Top Bottom